+25% speed,which would be better?

in Engineer

Posted by: Blacksarevok.8104

Blacksarevok.8104

As power engi, which would be less of a DPS loss if I wanted to get 25% passive speed increase?

- Drop Tools in favor of Inventions (for Mecha Legs)
- Drop Scholar runes in favor of Traveler Runes

Please let me know your opinions.

in Engineer

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

why not keep tools and have perma swiftness?

in Engineer

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

Since you care about ‘dps loss’, you are probably doing pve. Isn’t tools meta for that anyway because of the 10% damage trait?

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

why not keep tools and have perma swiftness?

cuz passive instead of active

at least, laziness is my justification when i do this

normally i go with inventions cuz armor swapping is either more of a bother than actively keeping swiftness or so much more expensive that i would rather just make another character (ive done both, making another toon is less hassle in the long run).

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Glad to see someone admit this. Too many peeps that demand passive 25% (cough cough guardians) try to justify it despite the obvious signs of laziness. Kudos sir.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Engineer

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Glad to see someone admit this. Too many peeps that demand passive 25% (cough cough guardians) try to justify it despite the obvious signs of laziness. Kudos sir.

Not really a fair comparison to guardians who have big opportunity costs to get decent speed(traveler runes, or at least 2 of retreat/save yourself/waiting in staff symbol) where we have various options all with overall minor costs (streamlined kits, mecha legs, or just lightning field blasts with scrapper).

in Engineer

Jerus.4350

As power engi, which would be less of a DPS loss if I wanted to get 25% passive speed increase?

- Drop Tools in favor of Inventions (for Mecha Legs)
- Drop Scholar runes in favor of Traveler Runes

Please let me know your opinions.

Min/max I wouldn’t be surprised if Traveler won out (tools has the 10% bonus as well as static discharge and either takedown round or streamlined kits) but practically I’d say leave gear alone because swapping traits is an easy on the go swap as needed without any cost. When you want the 25% base speed you can do that, then when you’re willing to utilize streamlined kits, or don’t need to (outside swiftness) you’re not at a loss.

in Engineer

Lahmia.2193

Not really a fair comparison to guardians who have big opportunity costs to get decent speed(traveler runes, or at least 2 of retreat/save yourself/waiting in staff symbol) where we have various options all with overall minor costs (streamlined kits, mecha legs, or just lightning field blasts with scrapper).

Point being, I’d be more sympathetic to guardians if they just straight up said they are lazy and want a passive 25%.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Streamlined kits is one of the reasons I still love playing engie.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

in Engineer

Jerus.4350

Point being, I’d be more sympathetic to guardians if they just straight up said they are lazy and want a passive 25%.

I feel you on most of the arguments being pretty weak and dishonest (previous guard main myself) but for them it actually is a point of being a power increase to get one as it frees up at least one utility slot or gaining a better rune choice. For us we can just slot mecha legs, or we can stack up a good amount with streamlined kits or various blasting of lightning fields (which can be done using a lot of ‘swappable’ options so we don’t blow cooldowns on what we need).

in Engineer

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

As if your sympathy means anything.

It’s not like guard has a way of getting perma-swiftness / 25% but people don’t like it because it’s too active. All choices involve specific gear (runes/sigils), or specific builds (staff + Pure of Voice + Retreat). So, you can’t play the build you want and change one trait or one skill to do it, like every single class in the game can. Streamlined Kits is very much an accessible way of doing things that is not totally passive but doesn’t require you to build around it.

But all that’s highly advanced for you that just wants to beat others over their head to act superior.

in Engineer

Lahmia.2193

As if your sympathy means anything.

It’s not like guard has a way of getting perma-swiftness / 25% but people don’t like it because it’s too active. All choices involve specific gear (runes/sigils), or specific builds (staff + Pure of Voice + Retreat). So, you can’t play the build you want and change one trait or one skill to do it, like every single class in the game can. Streamlined Kits is very much an accessible way of doing things that is not totally passive but doesn’t require you to build around it.

But all that’s highly advanced for you that just wants to beat others over their head to act superior.

Perhaps my sympathies are in line with that of Anets, and that’s why guardian has yet to receive a 25% speed buff.