30+ bug fixes/changes inc?

in Engineer

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/GW2-is-dying-a-change-of-priorities-is-mandatory/page/4#post674835

According to Jon Peters in the mists a few hours ago:
- ~30 bullet points for engis.

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in Engineer

Posted by: mehhem.1987

mehhem.1987

I use the Elixir Gun so I’m hoping it has something to do with the miss rate of Fumigate.

in Engineer

Posted by: ShadowPuppet.3746

ShadowPuppet.3746

Until I see the actual patch notes, not much to do but urge caution against getting overly excited. Sounds like next patch has the potential to be huge but with this ambition and no public test servers we are likely to see as many problems created as fixed.

in Engineer

Posted by: tofus.4751

tofus.4751

Can someone please explain what 30 bullet points means? :S

in Engineer

Posted by: Nodd.6017

Nodd.6017

• This is a bullet point
  • This is another one
  • Each one indicates a fixed bug
  • There are 30, hence 30 fixed bugs

in Engineer

Posted by: kubetz.3058

kubetz.3058

It doesn’t mean 30 fixed bugs, but 30 changes.

I hope most of them are bug fixes and maybe some buffs and not nerfs.

(edited by kubetz.3058)

in Engineer

Posted by: Infinitus.3712

Infinitus.3712

i would hope it’s buffs engineer we need some love

Infi TV- Engineer for Genesis Gaming [GG]
http://www.twitch.tv/infintitus
https://twitter.com/infinitustv -[Desolation EU]

in Engineer

Posted by: Decklan.7540

Decklan.7540

Bug fixes are another story, he was only mentioning the changes.

A bug fix is something like: Rocket Turret can now be detonated underwater.

A change is something like: Rocket Turret now fires three rockets instead of one.

Changes are usually at the top of the patch notes. Bug fixes are usually relegated to the bottom in one big clump. This is standard practice, as most customers want to see what has changed, not what was fixed. Also, a lot times patch notes simply state “fixed several bugs with so and so.”

This is because the community at large is not yet privy to what was broken, and most companies like to keep it that way.

(edited by Decklan.7540)

in Engineer

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

Bug fixes are another story, he was only mentioning the changes.

A bug fix is something like: Rocket Turret can now be detonated underwater.

A change is something like: Rocket Turret now fires three rockets instead of one.

Changes are usually at the top of the patch notes. Bug fixes are usually relegated to the bottom in one big clump. This is standard practice, as most customers want to see what has changed, not what was fixed. Also, a lot times patch notes simply state “fixed several bugs with so and so.”

This is because the community at large is not yet privy to what was broken, and most companies like to keep it that way.

Indeed. in fact, every patch has had multiple changes/bug fixes. they just haven’t documented them in the patch notes.

in Engineer

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

These could be 30 anticipated and needed changes, or gramatical and tooltip fixes.

in Engineer

Posted by: szar.9054

szar.9054

im sorry but unsubstantiated hearsay isnt going o get anyone excited. If there eally were a massive balance patch coming any competent dev team would have released a proper preview of at the very least the general objectives of the changes.

no post no changes

or anet is just dumb

in Engineer

Posted by: Varqov.6984

Varqov.6984

I agree with szar, want to wait until Tuesday to see what happens.

either way, if they have all the bullet points of changes that he said, there are going to be some smiles on a lot of faces.

in Engineer

Posted by: Yukishiro.8792

Yukishiro.8792

I predict “changed engineer tooltips to reflect what they actually do, not what they were supposed to do.”

in Engineer

Posted by: Pannonica.5378

Pannonica.5378

I just hope for no nerfs, since I think I just clicked into a satisfying build.
Those smiles you mentioned, Varqov, I hope they are not only on faces from those that encountered good engis on the virtual battlefields. *already qqing before patch is applied, I know ._.

I predict “changed engineer tooltips to reflect what they actually do, not what they were supposed to do.”

Upvoted!

Pannonica
Red Guard

in Engineer

Posted by: Faction.4013

Faction.4013

Im not finding proof of that quote anywhere in the linked post…

Pretty confused here…

in Engineer

ShadowPuppet.3746

Pretty confused here…

There is no proof, just a guy who claims it was said in the mists…hence why there is not much reason to be overly excited. It would seem unlikely that given their track record they are going to be holding a event plus what would seem major changes for professions at the same time. Perhaps there is 30 bullets worth of changes in the future for engi but I don’t think we can count on it being this upcoming patch. I hope of course I am wrong

in Engineer

Posted by: Talloc.6835

Talloc.6835

Pretty confused here…

There is no proof, just a guy who claims it was said in the mists…hence why there is not much reason to be overly excited. It would seem unlikely that given their track record they are going to be holding a event plus what would seem major changes for professions at the same time. Perhaps there is 30 bullets worth of changes in the future for engi but I don’t think we can count on it being this upcoming patch. I hope of course I am wrong

http://i.imgur.com/e9z1l.jpg

It’s more than hearsay.

in Engineer

Posted by: Venoma.7052

Venoma.7052

According to the guy the bullet points should be more bug fixes and less buffs/nerfs:
- “Tons” of bug fixes.
- “Some” balance changes.
Source: http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/

in Engineer

szar.9054

… the industry wide norm of posting about wide spread class changes is just lost on Anet? i’ll set my expectation to low and get my pitch forks ready.

in Engineer

Posted by: MuxyKillin.7036

MuxyKillin.7036

<offers a wide selection of torches, from my ranger alt’s personal stash> but really now… here’s hoping for the best

in Engineer

Posted by: Horheristo.3607

Horheristo.3607

im sorry but unsubstantiated hearsay isnt going o get anyone excited. If there eally were a massive balance patch coming any competent dev team would have released a proper preview of at the very least the general objectives of the changes.

no post no changes

or anet is just dumb

The reason why this doesn’t have to be the case is because during large scale skill changes, there was no such thing, not once.
Just dropped the bomb like that with a whole bunch of skill changes.

in Engineer

szar.9054

no post no changes

or anet is just dumb

The reason why this doesn’t have to be the case is because during large scale skill changes, there was no such thing, not once.
Just dropped the bomb like that with a whole bunch of skill changes.

blizzard, riot, hi-rez, trion worlds , cryptic, turbine and the list goes on. Devs preview patches for the positive pr that good communication grants and the avoid the utter crap storm that springing class change can cause in a community.

in Engineer

Posted by: BurnedToast.3781

BurnedToast.3781

I use the Elixir Gun so I’m hoping it has something to do with the miss rate of Fumigate.

Fumigate works exactly like flamethrower does – it aims where you are pointing the screen, NOT where the graphic looks like it’s hitting. Point the screen at the enemies and you won’t miss, even if your engineer is shooting empty space.

I’m not really sure if it’s a bug or a feature – on one hand it’s stupid that you are shooting a different place from the graphic, on the other hand it makes it easy to sweep over groups of enemies.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kromsin.6359

Kromsin.6359

Wonder how bad they will screw with grenades..

in Engineer

Faction.4013

http://i.imgur.com/e9z1l.jpg

It’s more than hearsay.

Welp, that shut me right the hell up.

in Engineer

ShadowPuppet.3746

While these linked images do give some credence to these claims it still does not confirm specific changes to any class in particular. Of course I realize this is just a small snippet of the conversation, I am however more inclined to still urge caution about getting overly excited….even if this is the bug pass that so many classes need and nothing more it will make this upcoming patch the best ever (provided they don’t break more stuff in the process lol).

in Engineer

Faction.4013

While these linked images do give some credence to these claims it still does not confirm specific changes to any class in particular.

Thats been my stance this whole time! You should see the Reddit page here. The summary of the picture in this article is absolutely HYSTERICAL!!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/12wne4/according_to_jon_peters_profession_part_of/

How the kitten do you get those conclusions from the picture in the link?!

in Engineer

Posted by: Argo.7541

Argo.7541

I am excited about the patch
If they finally fix some issues with the turrets:
Then a healing turret would give (according to the right skill) 300 Heal per second regeneration instead of 130 as before. (like in the tooltip)
And a Rocket Turret would do double burning damage with a condition build! (like in the tooltip)
those fixes i’d enjoy <3

(PLS excuse my bad english by sending corrections via PM :D)

in Engineer

Posted by: Wallach.7291

Wallach.7291

While these linked images do give some credence to these claims it still does not confirm specific changes to any class in particular.

Thats been my stance this whole time! You should see the Reddit page here. The summary of the picture in this article is absolutely HYSTERICAL!!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/12wne4/according_to_jon_peters_profession_part_of/

How the kitten do you get those conclusions from the picture in the link?!

The screenshot isn’t the source for the summary, it was just the only one people provided as proof that he was there. Other folks were standing right there and heard the same thing. With all the forums it has been posted in here, Jon would have spoken up if there was intentional misinformation being offered, because they would be twisting words he actually was saying there in the Mists.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

Why are people getting on each others throat over this?

The OP linked a source, a report of an interview with Jon peters in fact. The forum mods corrected the title of that post, since it named Jon which you can’t do. They didn’t correct any of the information given, so that at least means they don’t object to what is said in the post.

Is it all true?
I don’t know, 30 bullet points can mean a lot or nothing.
Maybe there aren’t 30 at all…

Is it all false information?
Bit unlikely seeing how the forum mods noticed the post, but no one said it was wrong info. Jon Peters often replies on these forums. A post with his interview would not slip his view… surely.
But again: I don’t know for sure.

But seriously: get hostile towards each other over there really being 30 bullet points or not?
Dam, I thought I could get edgy on these forums…

If you don’t believe it, or if you do believe it:
it’s a few days till nov 15. No one will know for sure till the patch notes are out.

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

in Engineer

Posted by: nofo.8469

nofo.8469

Can’t wait, hope its true.