30 skill

30 skill

in Engineer

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

I just finished saving up 30 skill points and was wondering whether to get the big golem or mortar? I do wvw a lot if that helps

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

30 skill

in Engineer

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Unless you play with friends that absolutely refuse to take a ranged weapon and want you to have a mortar, supply drop is hands down better than either one.

30 skill

in Engineer

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

I already have supply drop, but ok for that seems like mortar may be better than especially for defense…thank you much appretiated

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

30 skill

in Engineer

Posted by: Sarahphim.1308

Sarahphim.1308

Am I the only one who was uber dissappointed in the 30 skills?

Mortar — I can see how it would be useful in pvp, but in pve you rarely have the time to let something like that drop and the fact that you can’t heal while using it…

Golem — WHY do I have to get in the golem for it to work? It takes me 2X as long to kill a single enemy with the golem than it does with supply drop!

POW! Right to the cranium!

30 skill

in Engineer

Posted by: Vekthor.8914

Vekthor.8914

I’d pick Mortar.

It’s very solid for defense in WvWvW, since you can build it on one of your keep’s walls and just blast a lot of people down bellow. It has decent area damage and you remain untouched. In PvE, you can use it for big events, like killing dragons. If you manage to find a wall for you to get behind, it’s even better. Rock out on that DPS while you are safe and far, far away.

30 skill

in Engineer

Posted by: Velron.3729

Velron.3729

Mortar is fantastic for WvW if you do a lot of WvW this should be the choice.

Fragg – Engineer | Lil Zek – Warrior PVP R43
[DA] Decisive Actions – Jade Quarry

30 skill

in Engineer

Posted by: Maimakterion.5940

Maimakterion.5940

It is also good for a small sellection of dugeon bosses and events. But yeah, power armour is terribad.

Other golems are great flak and surprise damage though, given you are apparently an asura