5 times Poison..burning...blind...

in Engineer

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

All duration stacking boons(Aegis, Fury, protection, Regeneration, Retaliation, Swiftness, and Vigor) and conditions(Blind, Burning, Chilled, Cripple, immobilze(now stacks duration), and Poison) now stack to a maximum of 5 times.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Engineer

Posted by: Snack.9315

Snack.9315

First, was that really confirmed?
Second, that doesn’t really explain how it works with lots of players. (or 5)
Third, there’s already a thread for the “patch notes.”

“Retired” characters: Fruit Salad (Warrior), Blingerton (Engineer), Shixard (Ranger).
Current characters: Mistress Viridi (Elementalist), Pigeon Opener (Engineer).
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2770-3378. Mail me in-game if you add me!

in Engineer

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

As I already posted in the other thread:

All duration stacking boons(Aegis, Fury, protection, Regeneration, Retaliation, Swiftness, and Vigor) and conditions(Blind, Burning, Chilled, Cripple, immobilze(now stacks duration), and Poison) now stack to a maximum of 5 times.

This is simply a zerg nerf. Retaliation and weakness already worked like this: maximum of 5 stacks in duration and then no more stacks before one stack expired. That does not mean the boon must expired completly. It is just one duration which have to expire before a new one can stack up in duration.

I always wondered why zergs stacked retaliation since this works already on this boon. Frozen armor is much better – but commanders seem to not know engineers.

in Engineer

Posted by: Uvatha.5476

Uvatha.5476

The only way I see this as being acceptable would be if they increased the base durations of these conditions and buffs.

I wonder why they decided to implement this change. It seems unfouned.

in Engineer

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

So basicly you can only have 5 diffirent sources of a boon/condition queue’d up one after another? Well thats not nearly as bad as i was afraid it would be.

And zergs stack Retaliation by accident. With almost every other character a Guardian do you have any idea how hard it is not to stack Retaliation? :P

in Engineer

Posted by: Iarkrad.8415

Iarkrad.8415

A step in the right direction.
My response?
Nerfhammer incoming

No more non cosmetic world event rewards. We haven’t forgotten the Ancient Karka.

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

there’s a few issues I see with it. stuff like poison dart volley which hits 5 times already. or even blowtorch to the face when incendiary powder just procced .. is that 4 stacks right there?

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in Engineer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

If this is true, this is a very good change for the game as a whole, in the long term.
However this will in the short-term cause all kinds of balance issues for all classes.

Still, I think it’s a good change and assuming these notes aren’t fake, sounds like a really good idea to tackle the overall boon/condition problems, without having to more or less remove +duration effects.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Engineer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Hopefully this change is setting the groundwork for higher stacks of bleed, confusion, and torment.

Still, this will hit bomb engineers and grenadiers. Grenadiers used the multiple combo fields to stack long duration poison, which will no longer work. Bomb-adiers used Fire Bomb to put layers of burning on all of their targets. Because of this, if you go for max burning duration, fire bomb is no longer a viable option, since it will cancel out longer duration burns if used at the wrong time.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Engineer

Posted by: Crescendoll.7612

Crescendoll.7612

This is why a-net always closes speculation posts, because people like Daecollo misinterprets them and then spreads them all over the forums. Daecollo has made this same thread on all the proffession forums.

All the change means is that you won’t be able to stack boons ontop of each other to get 2 minutes of swiftness or 1 minute or burning etc.

Space reserved for future witty pop-culture references.

in Engineer

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

As a reminder, we remove threads which are speculation and not accurate. When you come across things like this, you have to remember that nothing is set in stone until we release it to the public.