A.E.D. [PVP]

A.E.D. [PVP]

in Engineer

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

I read many people quite desperate for this patch. I think that we had a great thing in this patch : the reduction of A.E.D to 30 sec in my opinion is really a great thing . Why ? Cause i think that it opens engineer to different builds. A.E.D. removes condi every 30 secs and if you take gadgetteer and a gadget it is also shorter. I tried, for example a condition build with scrapper, tools and firearms. It was quite effective and fun . The good thing is that you can play without alchemy and inventions … for me it is really a good thing. This is the build i used for testing .

A.E.D. [PVP]

in Engineer

PierPiero.9142

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqanUIC1ahlcB+dBEqiF2iC8DLxAYsNGjajO4L+kH-TJRAwAx2fgzJAAwDAocZAA Toolbet of AED + toolbet of rocket boost with scrapper trait hits a lot …

A.E.D. [PVP]

in Engineer

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

Actually Gadgetteer does not reduce A.E.D’s cooldown anymore since the patch. Add it to the list of numerous bugs that engi has.

Edit: My apologies, it’s only the tooltip when you have the overcharge ready. It goes to a ~22s cd.

I am a teef
:)

(edited by The Game Slayer.7632)

A.E.D. [PVP]

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

aed has a fundamentally broken use case: you want wait until its risky to use it for it to be good. 0 other heal skills in the entire game are broken in this way, and for good reason. you should always want to use your heal skill, and waiting until you are at risk when there are interrupts and it has a long enough cast time is practically suicidal.

it was good when amr was bugged to be at 10 secs, cuz you could literally spam it, especially with the broken gadgeteer resets, and for a good minute you could safely hide behind the rebound effect before needing to disengage entirely.

in addition, the toolbelt is a 1 sec stun with a 3/4 cast time and some aftercast. single target. bad range. autoattack damage. terrible.

30 sec cd is better, but the skill needs more than cd reduction. and the toolbelt ought to at least be 1.5-2 sec and have like 240-300 range.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

A.E.D. [PVP]

in Engineer

Posted by: Naix.8156

Naix.8156

Haven’t tested recently but the AED didn’t clear confusion after the downstate and it likely would clear chill dmg’ing you from a necro.

A big issue with AED is that its giving up water fields, a blast finisher, a potentially smaller heal for condi cleanse, etc. These are things that help your team and water fields can be blasted or leaped though by others as well as yourself. On top of this their is an audio cue to let your attackers know to hold up and wait out the AED effect before finishing you off. While this skill is similar to defiant stance on warrior its much clunkier and even higher risk to use. For example if a warrior is condi loaded or under cleave/aoe spam they can quickly gain significant health. Where as the engie the pressur is on you to estimate/guess if the condi load or cleave is enough to get you to downstate and get the big heal. You miss judge the small heal and long cd is likely a death sentence. Also a 3/4s cast time on a skill that you need to play chicken with your health bar is asking to be interrupted.

Bonus: that short-range, long cast-time w/ a big animation (essentially a ‘electric effect’ version of fire grab) is pretty weak in the current gamestate.

A.E.D. [PVP]

in Engineer

Posted by: David.5974

David.5974

A.E.D can receive back 40sec cd, but then reduce cast time to insta or 1/4. From my testing this healing skill don’t work as I want. HT is still best healing option.

Toolbelt skill is a thing why I try to test A.E.D, but after I read that this one have 3/4cast time and only 180yd range?! I will prefer 0,5sec water field.

I play only core engi in spvp, meaby this skill can suit for scrappy idk, for me: Still garbage until they remove cast time.

“Doctor suggest me, to stop play with engi because my fingers are broken.
So.. I start play scrapper. "

A.E.D. [PVP]

in Engineer

PierPiero.9142

the fact is that A.E.D. removes condition also. I am trying to play with to play without alchemy and it works. I am not saying that it is better than HT, it is a completely different play style , with its limits , but it have only a great plus for me , i am not obliged to take alchemy . Without Alchemy ht and medic gyro are unusable for me . The toolbet is good becouse with expert examination it sinergies quite well . I am not saying that this will be the new meta, i am saying that it is another opportunity for random playerbase. I don’t expect to see it used in ESL , but i am not a pro player and at my level ( diamond till now) it seems to me working.

A.E.D. [PVP]

in Engineer

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

the fact is that A.E.D. removes condition also. I am trying to play with to play without alchemy and it works. I am not saying that it is better than HT, it is a completely different play style , with its limits , but it have only a great plus for me , i am not obliged to take alchemy . Without Alchemy ht and medic gyro are unusable for me . The toolbet is good becouse with expert examination it sinergies quite well . I am not saying that this will be the new meta, i am saying that it is another opportunity for random playerbase. I don’t expect to see it used in ESL , but i am not a pro player and at my level ( diamond till now) it seems to me working.

Interesting I’ve been trying to find a way to play without alchemy I might have to try that.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

A.E.D. [PVP]

in Engineer

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

AED needs to remove conditions even if you dont get lethal dmg, otherwise its not very effective.

A.E.D. [PVP]

in Engineer

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

I will try this OP.

Thank you for your experimentation and sharing.

Sigil of Agony seems worthless… why you want those bleeds?

Sigil of generosity could save you more often than not.

How do you survive versus conditions? Reaper seems hard-countering your own condis.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

A.E.D. [PVP]

in Engineer

Posted by: Mister Fluffkin.7358

Mister Fluffkin.7358

It´s either very courageous or foolish to play without a single stunbreak. I´d say foolish. Any thief/warrior/mesmer with a brain will simply slaughter you. There have never been a single descent build without a stunbreak in GW history, and that is reasonable.

And honestly, it´s a shame for the pvp community that you made it till diamond with this. :P But this is the mirror for the last season, which felt like all good players already left the game(except the superpros). Hell, you don´t even need a stunbreak anymore. xD

(edited by Mister Fluffkin.7358)

A.E.D. [PVP]

in Engineer

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

I dont think AED removes condis unless you take the lethal dmg.

And having protection when using a heal skill (recovery matrix), in the case of AED is kind of counterproductive. But then what would you take? you dont have lightening fields for shocking speed, or use a hammer for perfectly weighted…
Also, I think rapid regeneration would be better than expert examination, as you get the constant swiftness from streamlined kits, and the superspeed from toolkit.

If AED removed conditions even without lethal dmg, it would be a good build using inventions instead of scrapper, so you can get AMR and have AED reseting when you really needed it, but using it to remove conditions while you are above 25%. combo with bunker down and mecha legs…

A.E.D. [PVP]

in Engineer

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

• activation time on aed is too long. When you’re playing chicken with your life total, you need it to work and not be interrupted. 0.75 seconds is a LONG time in pvp.
  • range on the toolbelt skill makes it really difficult to land and it’s not that great if you do land it. At least it works well with SD…
  • as mentioned, it’s a nonbo with Recovery Matrix. The other two traits in that tier are bad unless you’re using hammer scrapper.

I do think it’d be fun to try a build with AED and Toss Elixir R – so that’s roughly 3-4 revives every minute. I assume you’d run full dps with as low hp as possible to get the most out of your AED revives. I think it’d be generally good against condi bombs, but bad against unblockable venom thief burst and warrior stun/burst chains.