A Signet Elite Spec?

A Signet Elite Spec?

in Engineer

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

So if Engineer get their own version of a Signet Elite spec how do you think it would function and what weapon may it have?

In my opinion I can think of it more melee based either Greatsword or Mace. Probably design the theme for a Signet Engineer Elite Spec as a type of cybernetic modification theme such a Sight Modification which increase Crit chance, Strength Modification for increase base damage/condition damage, and etc.

A Signet Elite Spec?

in Engineer

Posted by: jpnova.4572

jpnova.4572

I think it should be more like a change to the Gadget line as opposed to a new Spec. Or a spec that changes Gadgets to work like Signets.

A.E.D.: Grants a passive regeneration like Signet of Wild, on activation grants a burst heal along with AoE Regeneration.

Utility Goggles: Grant a passive Precision and Ferocity boost. Activation cures 1 condition and grants immunity to blindness in AoE. Breaks Stun.

Rocket Boots: Passive movement speed boost. Cures immobilized, crippled and chilled. Grants Swiftness and Vigor to allies.

Ram’s Head: Passive Condition damage/stability boost. Launch foes while transferring conditions to all hit.

Slick Shoes: Passive Power and Toughness boost. Active the same as it currently is.

Elite:
Transformer: Passive transform conditions into boons every 5 seconds. Create an Electric field around self that inflicts Vulnerability, Slow and Weakness with some damage(Much like Ranger’s Entangled).
Toolbelt: Overcharge grant Quickness or Alacrity to self and allies.

Weapon: Staff or Mace
Staff could work somewhat like Revenants.

We can get traits that grant additional stats for each equipped Gadget or grant additional boons when activating a gadget.

This would bring non condition Engineers back to the PvE scene due to the team support potentials this would give.

I’m going to make a new thread for this idea. This worked well as a sounding board.

A Signet Elite Spec?

in Engineer

Posted by: Lonami.2987

Lonami.2987

To be fair, I would just transform gadgets into signets.

So, you have this perk, and can overload it for a boosted effect.

Elonian elite specialization ideas: El: Dervish
M: Bladedancer – N: Scourge – En: Occultist – Ra: Swampstalker
T: Sharpshooter – G: Sunspear – Re: Hierophant – W: Corsair

A Signet Elite Spec?

in Engineer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

This is just my opinion but, I think that “signet” are a bit to “magic” for the Engineer. I think the engineer deserve more some “implant” a kind of medecine that continously boost them. The tool belt skill could come with a soft self outburst of power while the active of the implant would create an area of effect centered on self. (this is deliberatly the opposite of elixirs). This already exist in our society, there is no way that engineers that pursue the path of technology to compete on an equal ground with magic wouldn’t come to this kind of answer.

I don’t think that we will see a spec that change the way current skills work… It would probably help a lot of skillsets in almost every profession of the game, it would probably be very healthy for the game but… There is no way they will do it.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

(edited by Dadnir.5038)

A Signet Elite Spec?

in Engineer

Posted by: TEKnowledgy.1760

TEKnowledgy.1760

This is just my opinion but, I think that “signet” are a bit to “magic” for the Engineer.

I agree.

But now my opinion of the engineer i think signets is to lazy for the class engineer always been very complex class lotta people hate it because it’s hard to truly master. Engi was very first class i ever used I’ve grown on its complexity I’m not a lazy player either though I’m happy to take time to learn the class what works well what doesn’t still to this day I think engi is the most enjoyable class in the game to master and learn. Believe it or not revenant would come in 2nd to it I love the learning curve both classes had. Ranger used be 2nd now its third though now trying master mesmer in PvE i can tell I’m going to love it’s PvE learning curve.

Engi don’t need to be lazy ol signet class if it was bet 100$ it be used 5x more than it currently is.
People are lazy in gw2 not everyone but alot are why you don’t see engi all over the place.

A Signet Elite Spec?

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

AFAIK when people talks about the “signet mechanic”, they aren’t talking about the lore justification of the skills, but about the way they work, gameplay wise. Thematically, it could be anything more fitting for engie, from “implants” to “force fields” or “bio-boosters” or whatever.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

A Signet Elite Spec?

in Engineer

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

AFAIK when people talks about the “signet mechanic”, they aren’t talking about the lore justification of the skills, but about the way they work, gameplay wise. Thematically, it could be anything more fitting for engie, from “implants” to “force fields” or “bio-boosters” or whatever.

Yes. When I am talking about Signet Elite Spec I am talking about the mechanic of a Signet but given a Engineer twsit such as physical augmentation, cybernetic modification, , and etc.

A Signet Elite Spec for Engineer is possible as Engineer follow a technology theme Profession and augmentation to the physical body has been a technology form of “Signets”

One way of a Signet Elite Spec for Engineer is to introduce physical augmentation skills that function just like Signets such as Muscle Augment which boost Power passively but when used it has the Engineer create a AoE area for a short time that damage all enemies inside it by punching the ground and unleash electric energy from the Augment the Engineer has.

Another can be a Sight Augmentation that boost Crit chance passively and when used it serves as a Stun break skill that unleash a small electric shock AoE that cause minor damage to nearby enemies but also stuns nearby enemies for 1 or 2 seconds thus giving time for acting either to continue attacking or to escape .

(edited by EdwinLi.1284)