A build without so many kits?

in Engineer

Posted by: Amaranthe.3578

Amaranthe.3578

hey guys,kinda of a weird question
can someone recommend a decent build for doing content in HoT maps solo and in events that doesnt involve 3+ kits? something chill
maybe a build with 1 kit or 2
dont mind if its power or condi

in Engineer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Just use 4 gyros and a flamethrower, traiting juggernaut and mass momentum. I run that with full rabid and p/p and good old traveler runes (cause I am too lazy to slip out of my WvW set, lol). If you want a little more condi cleanse swap some gyros for elixirs instead (alchemy is the obvious third traitline).

It may not be most effective thing in the world, but hey it burn stuffs to death good enough and is pretty simple. The flamethrower is what make you laugh maniacally while playing.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

in Engineer

Posted by: Eulogy.4970

Eulogy.4970

for open world pve, try this build if you dont want 4 kits:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASncoC1ahFpCepCsehl7ii+2j9cHsBjwAIcCDoMD-TBhFgAAKBpV+Zq+zlOCA-e

swap out the gyros for whatever you prefer or is relevant to what you’re up to.

Swap your Applied force to adaptive armor if you’re getting your bum kicked.

Use your hammer skills then swap to flame thrower and have at it.

Runes\sigils are up to you. personally, in solo play i really like scrapper runes.

This layout has great bar breaking for big guys and solid survival while still just wearing yellow zerker gear. Keep moving around just a little bit to eat up the TONS of heal kits that Bunker down gives you and it’s a literal blast.

Not really the ideal build for FoTM and whatnot though but it can be modified to be better for them. Such as taking Elixer gun and whatnot.

in Engineer

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

Condi Pistols and Flamethrower works, so is Power Rifle with Proc traits such as (Takedown Round, Aim-Assisted Rocket, Static Discharge, Siege Rounds) with Mortar as the only kit.

in Engineer

Amaranthe.3578

Condi Pistols and Flamethrower works, so is Power Rifle with Proc traits such as (Takedown Round, Aim-Assisted Rocket, Static Discharge, Siege Rounds) with Mortar as the only kit.

power rifle? is that a thing?

in Engineer

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

Sigh.. It used to be before HoT power creep happened.

You could either run it with Kits (typically Grenades, ToolKit, etc.) or you could run HGH elixirs instead.

in Engineer

Krispera.5087

power rifle? is that a thing?

It works fine for Open PvE, which is what OP is asking. Of course Hammer is better for trash mob and self support it gives.

Rifle only works well with the traits I typed in my earlier answers (+Suprise Shot). Jump Shot is an okay-ish ’’leap’’ and good damage, Overcharged Shot is stupid but a strong CC.

Rifle trait could be at least 20% or 30% speed. Net Shot is boring and useless, this thing should be unblockable and piercing, make it AoE if you want… Blunderbuss is good for closer fights, but the targetting is wonky AF.

Use Mortar when lots of mobs, use Rifle when you’re bored to aim the ground.

I don’t use it in PvP and a little more serious instances lol.

(edited by Krispera.5087)

in Engineer

Amaranthe.3578

What would a pistol/flamethrower condi build look like?

in Engineer

Krispera.5087

What would a pistol/flamethrower condi build look like?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqalUUhatYfXw+KQ7FLsF1YOOG/YYKeRvG4HWiBAA-e

It’s a little glassy, so change Inventions trait line or put a Shield on if you’re struggling. Change Rocket Boots for Elixir C if conditions are a problem for you.

As for stats, if you’re poor go Rabid or Rampager. If you’re richer, go Viper or Sinister.

As Dawdler.8521 said, Mass Momentum and Juggernaut is pretty too.

in Engineer

Posted by: scorekeeper.6524

scorekeeper.6524

This is my lazy build-
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUlcThyrY1VwmKQ7FL5F14VMiFR4D2PVG4BGAVFA-ThBBABYt/o8rS1fOTJYe6AC4CAAwDAgUA5J0C-e

Just sit back, pop your elixirs and hit stuff. For more might go into the alchemy line. For near perma quickness go into scrapper line and use leadership runes instead of scholar. If you don’t have ascended gear, the just use relevant exotics instead.

in Engineer

Posted by: Llethander.3972

Llethander.3972

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdIQJAqenUUB9dhVYBuoCsehF2iKsGuoXjO4P+kH8DLxAA-TxRBABA8AAKT5Hlq/YmSQ/3fAR9AUcCAIFQeCtA-e

There’s the build I’ve been using forever and a day. The zerks gear gives damage and crit (for bunker down) while the celestial pieces give everything, including condition damage to bump up the pistol’s hybrid damage as well as providing survivability.

It brings a lot of breakbar damage, a stun break, 4 separate blast finishers and a decent enough split between physical and condition damage. Swap in a second pistol as preferred.

It’s not something I’d take into Raids, Fractals or PvP but it serves quite nicely in PvE. There’s very little that I have trouble with. Elixer R can be swapped with anything, I just like the utility from Throw Elixir R as I prefer being able to pick people up without having to actually stop to pick them up.

I freely admit that, from a meta standpoint, this build is garbage. I enjoy it, though.

in Engineer

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

It really depends on what you are looking for.

The scrapper with flamethrower is a very sturdy build if you find HoT content a bit too hard. It also has great projectile reflection uptime for ranged heavy enemies (I use a lot against some of the bandit bosses from current events)

If you want to cover the map faster then rifle with rocket boots and streamlined kits (in tools line) is the best option. Perma swiftness and 2 jumps on short CD. You can combo it with bombs for max power aoe dps.