A possible change for flash shell?

in Engineer

Posted by: Mercanus.3417

Mercanus.3417

When I first saw the change for mortar kit I was like oh neat lots of fields etc etc and now is mobile. I had always assumed flash shell would be a blind on impact fire field before I saw the changes in effect and still wish it would be. Anyone else think this would be a nice change to be patched in? Too OP? Not OP enough?

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

When they fix Mortar Shot so that it actually cleanses conditions off allies from splash damage, Flash Shell is going to be incredible.

Give it some time.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Mercanus.3417

I was thinking more for it fitting into condi builds with applications of condis rather than its ability to remove condis but that’s neat too I guess.

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I have fire bomb, FT, and incendiary powder for burning. I would rather not have it on another kit. I like the field we have, they simply need to fix it.

I suspect they are in the process of building another sizable patch to fix bugs and make adjustments based on feedback, now that this patch has built some feedback.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

I was thinking more for it fitting into condi builds with applications of condis rather than its ability to remove condis but that’s neat too I guess.

I think we have enough burning access as it is. I also think putting a fire field and water field in the same slot is unprecedented for good reason.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Mercanus.3417

I’ll take bugfixes first for sure though I would like to see a little more condi application with mortar is all doesn’t need to be burning necessarily. Maybe confusion on flash? maybe?

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

I’ll take bugfixes first for sure though I would like to see a little more condi application with mortar is all doesn’t need to be burning necessarily. Maybe confusion on flash? maybe?

You can get an ethereal field from Streamlined Kits. Depending on the finisher these give confusion or Chaos Armor.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Mercanus.3417

yep aware of that, it is nice which is why i thought of confusion on the flash shell.

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

yep aware of that, it is nice which is why i thought of confusion on the flash shell.

Kind of like a pulsing Static Shot? It would be interesting.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

I’m still surprised they didn’t use the opportunity to give Engineer a Lightning Field. It’s so fitting for the class!

The class is always greener on the other side.