AMR+AED+Gadgeteer.

AMR+AED+Gadgeteer.

in Engineer

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

So I’ve been doing some pvp lately to get some titles and dragon rank and been running SD build on engi now and always felt that the healing turret is bit of a lackluster due to having a pretty meh toolbelt skill. So I started using AED because the stun let’s me land a pretty decent burst but I’ve noticed that when running it with gadgeteer trait AMR doesn’t want to recharge the charged version of the skill.

Has anyone else tested/noticed this behavior when running this combo?

AMR+AED+Gadgeteer.

in Engineer

Posted by: NineLives.8725

NineLives.8725

Yes, and now that AMR is 90s, this is a real problem.

AMR+AED+Gadgeteer.

in Engineer

Posted by: Depths.4051

Depths.4051

its not a real problem, 10 seconds is pretty ridiculously broken. I was able to pop AED 4 times in a relatively short period of time because of this during one battle. Pretty sure its to give you a chance to save yourself once in battle, not pop yourself to full hp every time you’re low.

Never tried the gadgeteer trait ill have to try that.

(edited by Depths.4051)

AMR+AED+Gadgeteer.

in Engineer

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

in my opinion 40 cd on A.E.D + 90 of AMR make AED unusable. AED is an high risk high reward skill … if you use it and you don’t go down 40 secs are too much . it means that you have an heal every 30 sec (avarage value) … but it is a really an high risk skills. In my opinion they should change the AED CD otherwise they should raise up the lowest value of aed at least for pvp

AMR+AED+Gadgeteer.

in Engineer

Posted by: NineLives.8725

NineLives.8725

@Depths :
The 10 seconds on AMR got fixed, you know, hello ?
Yes, this IS a real problem that gadgeeter break a 90s CD proc.

AMR+AED+Gadgeteer.

in Engineer

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

I noticed the reset issue also. Doesnt matter cause none of the three will ever be used again.

AMR+AED+Gadgeteer.

in Engineer

Taku.6352

I would use them if the AMR worked properly as AED allows me to keep pressure on the opponent without having to worrying about healing. And when it’s charged the AED lasts for 8 seconds which either gives me lot of time to keep dealing dmg or pressures to enemy to go on defensive if they don’t want me to get that full heal.

AMR+AED+Gadgeteer.

in Engineer

Synosius.9876

AED is 5s.

I tried to make an aed build work for 2 days and thats when i noticed amr wasnt resetting aed if i had the gadgeteer charge. Then i dropped gadgeteer and tried to make aed work eith just amr but its even less survivable even with the potential 10s cd.

Amr doesnt proc when the hp threshold is crossed but instead when you are hit with dd under the threshold. When you cross that 25% mark every thief in the world spams hs on you and 3/4s cast time might as well be a 34m channel.

Aed was almost usable with a 30s cd. Gadgeteer charges should make aed insta cast then you could get some awesome trait synergy. Bettet yet, make aed a utility instead of a heal skill. How about “box of gadgets” where all the gadgets replace 1-5 like a kit.

Enough crazy talk now back to your heal turret and like it.

AMR+AED+Gadgeteer.

in Engineer

Taku.6352

AED is normally 5 seconds but under the effects of gadgeteer it lasts for 8 seconds.

AMR+AED+Gadgeteer.

in Engineer

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

AMR with 10s ICD was surely overpowered. AMR with 90s ICD is disheartening. It was probably the only trait making A.E.D. worth taking, togheter with gadeteer.

I suggest either reduce drastically the AMR cooldown (something like 60s seems “ok-ish”, even though I’d prefer it to be even less) or buff A.E.D. (again, 40s CD seems a little bit too much considering it’s outstandingly risky to use).

Just don’t let engi become the new ranger in SPVP. Nothing works in the high tiers, atm. Zananan being forced to use Soldier amulet to be somewhat viable makes my heart bleed.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

AMR+AED+Gadgeteer.

in Engineer

Posted by: NeoSpud.7523

NeoSpud.7523

AMR might be more useful if it had a buff indicator like Speedy Kits has.. would be good to know if it was ready.

AMR+AED+Gadgeteer.

in Engineer

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

AMR might be more useful if it had a buff indicator like Speedy Kits has.. would be good to know if it was ready.

Just like IP, CS and a LOT more traits in the game

Frenk – EU
All is vain

AMR+AED+Gadgeteer.

in Engineer

Posted by: Susulemon.3204

Susulemon.3204

People keep losing focus here, the problem is AMR doesn’t recharge the charged version of AED, not the 90s cd vs 10cd of AMR.

AMR+AED+Gadgeteer.

in Engineer

Synosius.9876

all what… 3 of us who ever actually tried it can confirm, be thankful for the bumps.

AMR+AED+Gadgeteer.

in Engineer

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

4 actually. Sucks that ANet would rather nerf AMR into oblivion than fix it.

AMR+AED+Gadgeteer.

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

i dont think that is the intention at all and i think its shortsighted of you to say so

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

AMR+AED+Gadgeteer.

in Engineer

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

i dont think that is the intention at all and i think its shortsighted of you to say so

k

AMR+AED+Gadgeteer.

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Well kitten. I was just going to try this later today and now I read that it’s broken. Crap.

Although on the plus side I won’t waste time that I was otherwise going to.

One of the only redeeming features of A.E.D. was that you could make it interesting with AMR… hopefully this bug will get fixed sooner rather than later.

Although if gadget builds ever get good, I predict they’ll just get nerfed hard… I mean, look at what happened to turret builds, the only kitless spec that was actually a little bit good.