Absolutely disgusting

Absolutely disgusting

in Engineer

Posted by: Nila.7813

Nila.7813

This is an abokittenely disgusting class with a survivability far beyond a normal class’s Soldier Amulet survivability would be. The boon uptime and passive healing are way over the top.

Here’s what it takes to kill a marauder engi in 1v1 by a class that would die in 5 seconds when connected onto. This is absolutely disgusting and there isn’t any engineer nerfs (especially pasives) on the horizon from what it seems from Guild Chat balance preview. A survivability level like this should be only achieveable when picking a celestial amulet. This is not a fair deisgn towards other Marauder users.

Absolutely disgusting

in Engineer

Posted by: David.5974

David.5974

^^ sure, but you must know that marauder scrapper is only created with every defensive trait lines (alchemy: condi remove+boons/inevntions: high healing-bunker down/scrapper: rapid regen, adaptive armor..) then add high power coeficient on hammer skills, many surv abilities and this is it.

You can use high cc pressure(lack of stability). Or shoot down his hp under 25%(3 sec god mini elixir) he will loose 1 heal(under 25% heal skill reset). I know him deep so my nades always eat him

“Doctor suggest me, to stop play with engi because my fingers are broken.
So.. I start play scrapper. "

Absolutely disgusting

in Engineer

Posted by: Arimas.3492

Arimas.3492

Complaining but still won the fight, tastes like salt. Scrapper/Engi does of a lot of defensive perks to it for this exact reason. You’re complaining about this Scrapper because you can’t take him down in a few seconds when he can’t even touch you LOL.

This is definitely a learn to play issue, I watched the video and there were many things you could have done differently to end the fight quicker. There was also many things the engi could have done much better and would have owned you too. Quit calling for nerfs when its your skill that’s the problem.

Quit your bullkitten.

Absolutely disgusting

in Engineer

Posted by: basz.6129

basz.6129

Rune of durability gone = mara scrapper nerfed to the ground. Just fyi.

Second, definitely just a lazy play issue, that scrapper was trying so hard, and still wasn’t terribly accurate or fluid in rotation execution. Just frantic healing. Don’t worry pew pew, we are getting the bat hard

Absolutely disgusting

in Engineer

Posted by: Twigifire.8379

Twigifire.8379

You could go marauder druid and achieve the exact same thing though with pew pew longbow to boot :/

Absolutely disgusting

in Engineer

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

For a sec there I thought the title was referring to that ranger :/

Absolutely disgusting

in Engineer

Posted by: LilBiM.3581

LilBiM.3581

If I take anything from this video I would tend to take that it looks like Scrapper needs a mobility buff. Given that the Scrapper in this video was within striking distance of that Ranger for about what felt like 10 seconds in the 3 minutes of that fight. Kind of looks like the Scrapper needs the ability to tank otherwise that fight would have been more one-sided than it looked…. and it looked one-sided.

This must be a troll.

Absolutely disgusting

in Engineer

Posted by: Duke.6042

Duke.6042

This is an abokittenely disgusting class with a survivability far beyond a normal class’s Soldier Amulet survivability would be. The boon uptime and passive healing are way over the top.

Here’s what it takes to kill a marauder engi in 1v1 by a class that would die in 5 seconds when connected onto. This is absolutely disgusting and there isn’t any engineer nerfs (especially pasives) on the horizon from what it seems from Guild Chat balance preview. A survivability level like this should be only achieveable when picking a celestial amulet. This is not a fair deisgn towards other Marauder users.

As a Marauder engi, tanking is pretty simple, but there isn’t a lot of killing power. My last match I was fighting a 3v1 at mid while the team attacked far and home and while I could run around the outside of the circle and heal when needed, I couldn’t kill the guard, ele or ranger there. It was just a stalemate until I slipped up and accidentally popped a heal before I needed it. It’s just a balance. The marauder power is trying to make up for all the dps losses from the traits.

TL;DR tanked 3v1 for a couple minutes so I understand that it is a little too survivable for marauder, but I can’t kill things in a reasonable amount of time.

Absolutely disgusting

in Engineer

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

If I take anything from this video I would tend to take that it looks like Scrapper needs a mobility buff. Given that the Scrapper in this video was within striking distance of that Ranger for about what felt like 10 seconds in the 3 minutes of that fight. Kind of looks like the Scrapper needs the ability to tank otherwise that fight would have been more one-sided than it looked…. and it looked one-sided.

This must be a troll.

I agree, I mean the engi was close for maybe 20 secs in total?

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Absolutely disgusting

in Engineer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

They made Scrapper tanky for a reason. Hammer is slow with little mobility. If you don’t at the very least take Slick Shoes, Grenades or Rocket Boots, you’re going to be constantly trying to stay on top of your opponent to do any damage.

I run a full Elixir build in WvW (not full Marauder, but 5 pieces, Head, Chest, Legs, Weapon and Amulet) and the second my opponent moves out of my range I’m screwed until either I can juke them with Toss Elixir S, CC them with Thunderclap or Rocket Charge is off cooldown. If the latter two miss, I’m 100% screwed if they continue to kite me. Mesmers and Thieves are a huge problem because they love to Blink out of my range, reset their health and come back and I can’t do anything to chase them. Either I win when they come back to attack me or I run as well.

Scrapper is tanky and does good damage, yes. But Scrapper is a sustained damage, sustained fighter. Hammer does solid damage but it has very little burst. It’s not like Rifle where you can Overcharged Shot -> Net Shot -> Jump Shot -> Blunderbuss – 25k burst people (usually 10 – 15k for Blunderbuss and Jump Shot each). It’s about keeping your opponent under pressure while maintaining your own health via defensive and regenerative options. Remember that Engineer can’t weapon swap, Hammer is slow and melee and Grenades are the only effective ranged kit which are extremely difficult to use for most people.

Imagine if Warrior couldn’t swap weapons and was using either Hammer or Mace mainhand. Yeah… You might get CC’d a lot and take some big hits if you let them get close to you but they have no options to burst you down if they manage to lock you down and if you can kite well they’re not going to touch you at all. Same story for Scrapper but it has the defensive options to deal with kiting, if it didn’t, it’d be a terribly designed spec.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

(edited by SpellOfIniquity.1780)

Absolutely disgusting

in Engineer

Posted by: morgul.9276

morgul.9276

^^ sure, but you must know that marauder scrapper is only created with every defensive trait lines (alchemy: condi remove+boons/inevntions: high healing-bunker down/scrapper: rapid regen, adaptive armor..) then add high power coeficient on hammer skills, many surv abilities and this is it.

You can use high cc pressure(lack of stability). Or shoot down his hp under 25%(3 sec god mini elixir) he will loose 1 heal(under 25% heal skill reset). I know him deep so my nades always eat him

This must be a troll.

1. You’re talking about on of the best Power Rangers and Druids in game… He’s fighting against Scrapper which barely knows his class.
2. This is conquest game and imagine how this duel may looks like if they fight on the point (Scrapper full cap point or Ranger dies in less than 60sec).
3. Scrapper was playing WITHOUT with Slicky Shoes, if he takes it… ranger is dead.
4. Scrapper was playing WITHOUT Sneaky Gyro, because it’s not allowed on the 1v1 server… he’s immortal with this elite.

This is not about who won this duel… duel shows how OP scrapper is, even if newbie or bad player using it.

(edited by morgul.9276)

Absolutely disgusting

in Engineer

Posted by: Dristig.9678

Dristig.9678

This must be a troll.

1. You’re talking about on of the best Power Rangers and Druids in game… He’s fighting against Scrapper which barely knows his class.
2. This is conquest game and imagine how this duel may looks like if they fight on the point (Scrapper full cap point or Ranger dies in less than 60sec).
3. Scrapper was playing WITHOUT with Slicky Shoes, if he takes it… ranger is dead.
4. Scrapper was playing WITHOUT Sneaky Gyro, because it’s not allowed on the 1v1 server… he’s immortal with this elite.

This is not about who won this duel… duel shows how OP scrapper is, even if newbie or bad player using it.

Who cares? The Ranger had 100% health at the end of the video how are we supposed to take any lesson away from it? You even point out that the Stealth Gyro is all the Scrapper has and they just DOUBLED the cooldown. Post a video where scrapper kills that Ranger then we’ll talk.

Absolutely disgusting

in Engineer

Posted by: chungiee.8764

chungiee.8764

Meta build (with Elite spec) vs random suboptimal Ranger build… nothing really to see here.

Any half decent monkey with Cele Druid destroys Scrapper Engi 1v1 currently.

Chungie – Aurora Glade (EU)
Highest Rank: Team Q – 33 / Solo Q – 1 (27/07/14)
Team: Svanir Pushing Lord [solo] / Carried Ace to Rank 1 Esport Guild Leaderboard

Absolutely disgusting

in Engineer

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

This sort of fight is exactly why I like static discharge with reflecting turrets on scrapper.

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

Absolutely disgusting

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

OP better dont wish current scrapper meta to nerf because then we will all go condi stealth scrapper and even bucket wont be enough for all your tears:-P

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Absolutely disgusting

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

This must be a troll.

well darn if this is what skilled rangers are then they really do take no skill to play at all

scrapper had no chance whatsoever in this match even with slickshoes and stealth as the ranger clearly was built to counter the scrapper build to begin with nothing but stunbreak and gap openers and cc even if the scrapper stealthed and ran up to the ranger and slick shoed ranger would ve just used his utility evade skill wich fully counters slick shoes as ontop of a stun breaker its an evade evade doesnt= block so slick shoes cant break through evade , honestly i saw nothing broken asides from ranger being broken by having over 1500 range still thanks to offshoot bonus range

(edited by Rezzet.3614)

Absolutely disgusting

in Engineer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

Yep, marauder engi is supes strong. Now let’s also talk about how OP smokescale and bristleback are with insane channeled damage.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

Absolutely disgusting

in Engineer

Posted by: Rocknull.2986

Rocknull.2986

Absolutely disgusting

in Engineer

Rocknull.2986

Absolutely disgusting

in Engineer

Rocknull.2986

I im trying to hold back the tears.

Absolutely disgusting

in Engineer

morgul.9276

This must be a troll.

well darn if this is what skilled rangers are then they really do take no skill to play at all

scrapper had no chance whatsoever in this match even with slickshoes and stealth as the ranger clearly was built to counter the scrapper build to begin with nothing but stunbreak and gap openers and cc even if the scrapper stealthed and ran up to the ranger and slick shoed ranger would ve just used his utility evade skill wich fully counters slick shoes as ontop of a stun breaker its an evade evade doesnt= block so slick shoes cant break through evade , honestly i saw nothing broken asides from ranger being broken by having over 1500 range still thanks to offshoot bonus range

I don’t like both ranger and scrapper BUT… ranger can be killed whilst scrapper is almost immortal.

1. Ranger is range class, what range should he have on longbow… 500?
2. Dodge through “Slicky Shoes” or block, mhmmm interesning…
3. Only “Signet of Stone” would let him survive burst in “Slicky Shoes”… it has much bigger cooldown than slicky.

Read before you start defend “underpowered” Scrapper again:
- invul below 25%
- stealth for year every 20 seconds
- evade on hammer “3”
- block on hammer “4”
- stun on hammer “5”
- insane combo field/finishers for CC or DMG
- OP healing turret + leap finisher
- perma retaliation
- perma condi clears
- stability
- SLICKY SHOES which are sick on point fights and every duel

Absolutely disgusting

in Engineer

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

Ranger is range class…

No it’s a mixed class, like every other class in this game, which is why it has both range and melee weapons / utilites, etc.

because it’s not allowed on the 1v1 server…

Not that scrapper couldn’t do with some toning down like the silly low cooldown on the sneak gyro, but the game is not balanced on 1v1 duels.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

Absolutely disgusting

in Engineer

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

Actually I find the stealth Gyro is not particularly effective at stopping me from killing scrappers.

You can use the flamethrowers air gust and push them into a wall (you see the gyro go flying back too) then you pelt them with mortar shells and an electric field. the mortar also destroys the gyro…. I don’t know it doesn’t seem very troublesome to me personally. I dramatically prefer the mortar, especially if taking scrapper to give some range versatility.

Absolutely disgusting

in Engineer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

- invul below 25%
- evade on hammer “3”
- block on hammer “4”
- stun on hammer “5”
- perma retaliation
- perma condi clears
- stability

Which is why the nerf to the sneak gyro is going to be hilarious. If Anet is supposed to tweak Scrapper “survivability”, the sneak gyro nerf does almost nothing. They will have to nerf the Scrapper again. And again. And again. And again. Oh the joy for scrappers. Arent you all glad the sneak gyro is going to be nerfed?!

Absolutely disgusting

in Engineer

Posted by: David.5974

David.5974

If they nerf sneak gyro, we can pick elixir x… with hgh and after effect gone its 1 mimute cd. Tool belt is really good too.. For killing bunkers nice thing.

“Doctor suggest me, to stop play with engi because my fingers are broken.
So.. I start play scrapper. "

Absolutely disgusting

in Engineer

Rezzet.3614

This must be a troll.

I don’t like both ranger and scrapper BUT… ranger can be killed whilst scrapper is almost immortal.

3. Only “Signet of Stone” would let him survive burst in “Slicky Shoes”… it has much bigger cooldown than slicky.

- invul below 25%
- evade on hammer “3”
- block on hammer “4”
- stun on hammer “5”
- perma retaliation
- perma condi clears
- stability

Absolutely disgusting

in Engineer

Rezzet.3614

This must be a troll.

- invul below 25% , wich locks all of engineer’s skills, useless but he aint gonna die for 3 seconds so OP
- evade on hammer “3”
- block on hammer “4”
- stun on hammer “5”
- perma retaliation
- perma condi clears
- stability
- SLICKY SHOES which are sick on point fights and every duel because glasscannons cant be bothered to bring stunbreak

i can do the same

Ranger

2300 ranged attacks + 50% damage on 1000+ range
- insane range short cooldown burst skill on 2
-low cooldown long range stealth on 3
-long range knockback on 4
-massive range wide radius high damage aoe cripple on 5

-permanent stability,might,fury and other boons
-perma condi clears
-insane burst damage pets
-insane CC pets
-infinite cc if running druid
-infinite heals if druid

Absolutely disgusting

in Engineer

morgul.9276

This must be a troll.

- invul below 25% , wich locks all of engineer’s skills, useless but he aint gonna die for 3 seconds so OP
- evade on hammer “3”
- block on hammer “4”
- stun on hammer “5”
- perma retaliation
- perma condi clears
- stability
- SLICKY SHOES which are sick on point fights and every duel because glasscannons cant be bothered to bring stunbreak

i can do the same

Ranger

-perma condi clears
-insane CC pets
-infinite heals if druid

- Engi is fine, scrapper is broken.
- Ranger is underpowered whilst druid is broken.
- Ranger has no stability, since he must use “Entangle”.
- Power Ranger is not even close to be in meta.

Absolutely disgusting

in Engineer

Rezzet.3614

This must be a troll.

- evade on hammer “3”
- block on hammer “4”
- stun on hammer “5”
- perma retaliation
- perma condi clears
- stability

i can do the same

Ranger

-perma condi clears
-insane CC pets
-infinite heals if druid

-the contradiction happens when you say scrapper is broken and immediatly point out base engineer skills and traits
-ranger is far from underpowered
-using Entangle is Optional and thanks for adding to the list of broken things
-i agree however not being meta doesnt mean its trash and the same goes for scrapper base engineer with condition builds outperform power scrappers

its like people saying marauder engi is OP but fail to realize the marauder build works on assasin and serk gear too because the tankiness comes from traits and runes

(edited by Rezzet.3614)

Absolutely disgusting

in Engineer

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

[quote=5935155;Rezzet.3614:]

Absolutely disgusting

in Engineer

Posted by: Starbreaker.6507

Starbreaker.6507

This must be a troll.

- evade on hammer “3”
- block on hammer “4”
- stun on hammer “5”
- perma retaliation
- perma condi clears
- stability

i can do the same

Ranger

-perma condi clears
-insane CC pets
-infinite heals if druid

I’ve been looking at all the profession forums and it’s comical to see the same thing in each one – people point the fingers at another (or all other) professions as OP and theirs is just fine (except thieves and warriors) .

One common theme that people seem to agree on though is what’s said above about core professions being on average way behind the elite spec.

I get why they made them as an alternative way to play a profession, but I don’t think they should have given them such a defacto power creep.

Here’s to hoping they can come up with a solution to bring everything into line…

(edited by Starbreaker.6507)

Absolutely disgusting

in Engineer

morgul.9276

Helseth about scrapper… 100% truth.

Absolutely disgusting

in Engineer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Yes because its entirely impossible that he met a very good scrapper on a build that’s perfectly countering an OP chronomancer in a situation where AoE tanky melee on point will actually hurt soft ranged that rely on stealth and evasion, ending in a stalemate – stay on point and loose it/die or run away and use tactics to take it from him.

Bleh, I dont play sPvP at so kitten it, I know nothing.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

Absolutely disgusting

in Engineer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Lol, wish people would stop idolizing these idiots. Just because they’re high ranking doesn’t mean they know everything/are always right.

So many sheeple.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Absolutely disgusting

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

lolhelseth. good to laugh at, not to commiserate with.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Absolutely disgusting

in Engineer

Posted by: Obindo.6802

Obindo.6802

You should apply to the new Maze Runner movie!

Absolutely disgusting

in Engineer

morgul.9276

Lol, wish people would stop idolizing these idiots. Just because they’re high ranking doesn’t mean they know everything/are always right.

So many sheeple.

It’s not about Helseth – no one idolizing him, I only uploaded video with his opinion.
It’s just truth, most of the top players think the same about scrapper… wonder why? – yes, they trying to troll you “plebs” whilst scrapper is underpowered.

Absolutely disgusting

in Engineer

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

So many sheeple.

It’s not about Helseth – no one idolizing him, I only uploaded video with his opinion.
It’s just truth, most of the top players think the same about scrapper… wonder why? – yes, they trying to troll you “plebs” whilst scrapper is underpowered.

Hmm, does PvP not show specialization icons for classes? Oh yea, I guess that is a scrapper.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Absolutely disgusting

in Engineer

morgul.9276

So many sheeple.

Hmm, does PvP not show specialization icons for classes?

PvP doesn’t show specialization icons…
- engi with hammer = scrapper

Anyways specialisations are op, so everyone knows that engi=scrapper etc.