Abusing the new system, a build!

in Engineer

Posted by: Egorum.9506

Egorum.9506

Supskies, i done found a broken strong build! =D

p/p, rabid, balth runes, energy and geomancy sigils (haven’t decided on something better for the second rune yet)

aed, egun, tool kit, bombs, supply crate (optional?)

explosives- glass cannon (no other options), short fuse, shrapnel?
firearms- condi pistol, increased condi damage, incendiary powder
inventions- amr, mecha legs, bunker down (more for the heals than anything else)

some cool facts:
Burning is totally broken. 15k damage from blowtorch, 15k from firebomb. pull someone in and torch em, then glue shot, glue bomb, fire bomb. then wait, because they’re dead as it gets.

AED is broken as kitten with amr and balth runes. even if you’re getting focused hard you can get off a quickened aed. and if they drop you again, aed again. and again. and again. if you do it wrong and blow the cd without being low enough on hp you can still tank/kite between bombs and gear shield and acid bomb. Seriously, once you get it down you just never die unless you get really, really ganked.

still debating on egun for maybe slick shoes or elixir s, but i love the acid bomb and healing elixir when you’re running from their whole team.

still debating on geomancy, but i can’t think of anything else aside from maybe hydromancy to keep em close while you ruin their day.

still debating on supply crate vs elixir x for the moas or mortar for group play.

give it a shot, it’s pretty sick.

Attachments:

Risen Howl etc?

in Engineer

Posted by: Susulemon.3204

Susulemon.3204

explosives- glass cannon (no other options) <— that’s what I hate about the new system, no option, YOLO. The other two is useless when you go bombs so you are forced to take it, 5% dmg above 90% hp is pretty useless too

in Engineer

Posted by: Slapinator.4196

Slapinator.4196

I am just testing explosives with grenadier and im telling you with berserker amulet in pvp it just insta kills someone 1 shoot boom dead kinetic battery boom dead another poor soul.

in Engineer

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

i’d trade firearms for invention. You lose incendiary powder but using your crits you can have much more healing power and 25% speed. Ip is strong but rabid has really low healing power so it nerfs your healing capability a lot .

in Engineer

Posted by: Egorum.9506

Egorum.9506

I’m using both firearms and inventions o.O? what do you mean?

also, slick shoes and mortar kit are great. swap out shrapnel for the mortar trait. running sigil of torment too for more burn protection now

Risen Howl etc?

in Engineer

Posted by: Peutrifectus.4830

Peutrifectus.4830

Teehee, I’ve been using AED + AMR… It works alot better post patch

Esp with balthazar runes…. And p/p…. AND FLAMETHROWER!…. And incendiary powder…. And sigil of smouldering…. I love burn…. I love lamp *-:-)

Oh and you might want to try magnet pull>prybar>slickshoes then drop your fire field >:)…. Then either glue shot or glue bomb…. >:)

My build;

Pistol: smouldering/Pistol: torment
Rabid amulet (rabid/dire mix for wvw)
Runes of balthazar

Firearms: chemical rounds, pinpoint precision, incendiary powder.
Inventions: automated medical response, mecha legs, bunker down.
Tools: power wrench, lock on, kinetic battery (double incendiary ammo >:))

Utilities: slickshoes, toolkit, flamethrower (bombs are fine)… Mortar or supply crate… Whatever I feel like.

(edited by Peutrifectus.4830)

in Engineer

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

I am just testing explosives with grenadier and im telling you with berserker amulet in pvp it just insta kills someone 1 shoot boom dead kinetic battery boom dead another poor soul.

this

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in Engineer

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

I was trying to see how much of an immortal I’d be with AED and AMR, well… I surely made the wrong build (I wanted to try and add stability so I tried to make a FT glass cannon), and looks like knowing when to use AED might be an issue: many different builds have different bursts. However I think this might go well with something like celestial amulet to normalize the burst, but that pigeonholes us into a HGH build. Maybe a Marauder+Wurm SD build might work.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself