Acid Bomb's jump

Acid Bomb's jump

in Engineer

Posted by: Atmaweapon.7345

Atmaweapon.7345

This is just for fun.

Does anyone else get those “cartoon” vibes when you use Acid Bomb to jump over a cliff?

You leap backwards, but rather than a smooth arc, you come to a complete stop, hover in the air for just a moment, and then plummet straight down.

It doesn’t really help that the animation is really jerky with my Charr going from the shot recoil animation to a landing animation in midair which quickly clips into the falling animation.

It’s also made funnier with explosive descent. I not only tend to survive those falls, but I cause a little explosion on the ground when I land on my face (We should have a Big’Ol Bomb effect rather than grenade barrage).

Also, does anyone know any other class abilities that work like this?

(edited by Atmaweapon.7345)

Acid Bomb's jump

in Engineer

Posted by: Lyuben.2613

Lyuben.2613

My biggest issue is that I can’t swap to my rifle when doing this, to net someone, to stay in the acid.

Vibor Bauman- Level 80 Engineer- Gandara

Acid Bomb's jump

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1496

coglin.1496

Has anyone tried to see if this ability breaks immobilize? I need to test this and see if it is one of the movement skills that does, by chance.

Poor craftsman blame their tools. Poor players blame their Engineer.

Acid Bomb's jump

in Engineer

Posted by: Kordwar.5417

Kordwar.5417

Has anyone tried to see if this ability breaks immobilize? I need to test this and see if it is one of the movement skills that does, by chance.

You’ll use the cooldown and still be snared. You can also be stopped mid jump by an immobilize or have your jump cut in half if you have a cripple on you.

Acid Bomb's jump

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1496

coglin.1496

I thought as much, but had never tested it. We have a few abilities that break immobilize that do not mention in the tool tip, so I am glad I asked. Thanks for the information Kordwar.

Poor craftsman blame their tools. Poor players blame their Engineer.

Acid Bomb's jump

in Engineer

Posted by: Kordwar.5417

Kordwar.5417

I thought as much, but had never tested it. We have a few abilities that break immobilize that do not mention in the tool tip, so I am glad I asked. Thanks for the information Kordwar.

No problem, it happened to me the other day. I went to jump and was bola’d as my feet were leaving the ground, then I dropped like a stone.

All in all I adore acid bomb. Once you master a quick 180 into acid bomb and turn as you hit the ground you can escape most things if you have a slight lead on them. Preface to that last sentence: I played a hunter in WoW for five or six years, so I used to abuse disengage exactly the same way.