Adaptive Armor vs Corrupter Fervor [Necro]

in Engineer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Hello.
I dont want to whine,
especially when Reaper AND Scrapper are designed as melee brawlers and therefore have great sustained options to back it up.

But.
This.
Thing….
I just have to write some concerns, from experience with a similiar trait.

• 1) The necro one is already strong. Almost always on 10x stacks, sometimes drops but insta back….This one is just better in every way and on a crazy level.
  • 2) Its totally passive. Borrowed idea, but there is no difference in how a good or a completely new player uses its effect.
  • 3) The condition part (THE BETTER PART) is permanent and top from start, not slowly stacking.
  • 4) Trait + hoelbrak rune
    The necro defense line, death magic, is considered weak and you need the offensive presure traits, BUT
    its not weak defense AT ALL. The necro builds who take are very very tanky, and they dont take hoelbrak. It allowed to drop transfers and take warhorn for example.
  • 5) The trait is passive +20-30% more HP, with good heals it appears in the unkillable domain.

POTENTIAL NERFS:

• make the condition armor also stacking
  • lower toughness per stack
  • rework and potential ban from tourneys

If its fine, then fine, just a heads up warning. Ofc everything else will also get adjusted on our BW3 feedback. Agree/ Disagree ?

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Engineer

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Hello.
I dont want to whine,
especially when Reaper AND Scrapper are designed as melee brawlers and therefore have great sustained options to back it up.

If its fine, then fine, just a heads up warning. Ofc everything else will also get adjusted on our BW3 feedback. Agree/ Disagree ?

Lets wait and see how it shakes out in game. Engineer is pretty weak overall currently, especially in mitigation of damage. Its the reason people take TK and Elixer S and the Alch traitline and/or Soldiers.

This spec is designed to be melee and like you said, needs the toughness if you want to stand in the middle of a fight.

in Engineer

Posted by: Lite.3819

Lite.3819

I was looking into that trait myself also.

You have to take in the fact and engineers have no viable melee options such as migration of damage as displacedtitan stated above. Anything fighting engineers at close range will burn the engineer fast no matter how the engineer trait, even a bow ranger.

Anything that gave engineer a melee advantage in the past was removed. Guess we’ll have to wait and see what the development team has in store for the engineer.

Engineer – Street Rag (Black Gates)
Current Build

in Engineer

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

Melee engineer will also lack sustain and a reliable source of stability, so they need all the mitigation they can get. Warriors and guards can get away with lesser mitigation because of their great amounts of sustain.

in Engineer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Melee engineer will also lack sustain and a reliable source of stability, so they need all the mitigation they can get. Warriors and guards can get away with lesser mitigation because of their great amounts of sustain.

Have you looked at the traits? There are two traits that give stability, and two traits that give sustain. (the superspeed one boosted by other SS traits)

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Engineer

Shifu.4321

Have you looked at the traits? There are two traits that give stability, and two traits that give sustain. (the superspeed one boosted by other SS traits)

One of the traits giving stability means no Adaptive Armor (both GM). The other one is a 2 stack stability on a minimum 25 second CD AND requires summoning a gyro, which you might not even use and if you do, will probably want to summon it for something other than stability.

As for rapid regeneration, its swiftness component is basically negligible (about the same as guardian virtues and who really uses that for reliable sustain?). As for superspeed, your own lightning field is on a 24 second CD, while the other conditions require a gyro to be destroyed and someone to be revived/finished.

Also, many of the sustain and stability traits are on the same tier, so you have to choose on or the other (getting the lightning field GM or the stab GM means you give up AA)

So great on paper, but in actual usage, not as impressive.

(edited by Shifu.4321)

in Engineer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

500 toughness is alot and i dont think stacking it in combat will be that difficult.

Honestly i think chances are this will be changed to 300 toughness at full stacks to bring it in line with all the other grandmaster traits that grant stats with such an uptime. But then again they gave one of the guardians stat gm traits only 250…

in Engineer

Shifu.4321

I think this is how they’ll make the engineer have “heavy” armor without actually giving them heavy armor.

in Engineer

nearlight.3064

One of the traits giving stability means no Adaptive Armor (both GM). The other one is a 2 stack stability on a minimum 25 second CD AND requires summoning a gyro, which you might not even use and if you do, will probably want to summon it for something other than stability.

As for rapid regeneration, its swiftness component is basically negligible (about the same as guardian virtues and who really uses that for reliable sustain?). As for superspeed, your own lightning field is on a 24 second CD, while the other conditions require a gyro to be destroyed and someone to be revived/finished.

Also, many of the sustain and stability traits are on the same tier, so you have to choose on or the other (getting the lightning field GM or the stab GM means you give up AA)

So great on paper, but in actual usage, not as impressive.

While I agree that the scrapper trait line is overly dependent on synergies, that still means your statement about them not having sustain and stability was wrong.

A lot of streamers who play engi at a top level say that rapid renew ration could bring celestial builds back from the grave. I don’t think it should be counted out, but either way that set up would be gyro dependent, and only the function, blast, and elite gyros seem to be good enough to support the playstyle.

I’m honestly also pretty mixed about the hammer, but only because rifle’s lockdown ability is so strong.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

in Engineer

Posted by: Ging.6485

Ging.6485

The thieves are complaining about our stealth reveal (which I don’t think is all that useful outside of WvW)

and now the Necros are complaining that we got a slightly shinier version of something they have.

in Engineer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

The thieves are complaining about our stealth reveal (which I don’t think is all that useful outside of WvW)

and now the Necros are complaining that we got a slightly shinier version of something they have.

Its not only thieves and necros just look at the mesmer (idefender and bulwerk gyro) and to a lesser extent guardian (gyros and spirit weapons) forums….

in Engineer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

This is what happens when people compare traits and abilities in a vacuum :/

in Engineer

Posted by: Lite.3819

Lite.3819

The thing that bugs me about that elite reveal is the 3/4 sec cast time. Won’t see the light of day on my belt. That is one long cast considering almost all of thieves cast are instant. 1 cloak and 1 ss and out of range. Rather toss a grenade at where I think they went.

All in all this traitline makes you stronger against burst but does almost nothing against conditions.

Engineer – Street Rag (Black Gates)
Current Build

in Engineer

nearlight.3064

The thing that bugs me about that elite reveal is the 3/4 sec cast time. Won’t see the light of day on my belt. That is one long cast considering almost all of thieves cast are instant. 1 cloak and 1 ss and out of range. Rather toss a grenade at where I think they went.

All in all this traitline makes you stronger against burst but does almost nothing against conditions.

Maybe it’s because I’m a necro main, but 3/4 cast doesn’t sound completely bad to me. I mean tell that to the thief forum people complaining about revealed, tell them how easy it is to interrupt it.

But let’s be real, I mean you don’t have to spam the tool belt skill, whenever they stealth, but it could be incredible utility for forcing revealed through shadow refuge.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

Why are we comparing apples to applies to another profession that has two health bars? The premise of this thread doesn’t make sense to me.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry