Adaptive armor + Ironblooded

in Engineer

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Add stealth gyro, elixir S , elixir B, wrench and you have one unkillable engi in any pvp setting.

Adaptive armor definitely needs a nerf. I main engi and I know that is just OP. Anet needs to stop this BS passive play. 20 condi reduction plus 100 toughness when hit every one second are you kidding me? Ironblooded included which if you have elixir B means another 10 dmg reduction. As many people have mentioned in many threads, the engi can easily take on 3 enemy players focusing him /her.

Some might argue this takes skill. The hell it does. Any average player that doesn’t faceroll their keyboard can pull this off. Yah maybe CC might work to knock the engi out of position only if CC was unblockable like some CCs should be.

Most of the passive play in GW2 is tolerable because the buffs are temporary and only last a couple of seconds. The engi’s passive play is way above any other profession now.

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

Add stealth gyro, elixir S , elixir B, wrench and you have one unkillable engi in any pvp setting.

I don’t know, but my l2p-sense starts tingling whenever someone uses the term “unkillable” on something he wants to nerf…

So it seems someone bunkered up against power dmg…
Good on him. Can you tell me why you haven’t tried to kill him with condis?

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in Engineer

Posted by: archmagus.7249

archmagus.7249

But the Condi damage reduction doesn’t stack, only the toughness does

in Engineer

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Why would someone take Iron Blooded AND Elixers anyway? HGH is better in every conceivable way if you are also slotting Elixers on your bar.

This highlights everything that is wrong with Iron Blooded right now, you need Elixers to get boons but without HGH the uptime is too low to matter.

Also, that Engineer is literally doing zero damage so just kill his team then focus him down.

in Engineer

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

I don’t know, but my l2p-sense starts tingling whenever someone uses the term “unkillable” on something he wants to nerf…

Adaptative Armor+Hoelbrak+Celestial gear+Alchemy are more than enough in order to tank conditions, while easily stacking 25 stacks of might in order to do awesome damage :p

M I L K B O I S

in Engineer

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

Adaptive armor definitely needs a nerf. I main engi and I know that is just OP. Anet needs to stop this BS passive play. 20 condi reduction plus 100 toughness when hit every one second are you kidding me? Ironblooded included which if you have elixir B means another 10 dmg reduction. As many people have mentioned in many threads, the engi can easily take on 3 enemy players focusing him /her.

Some might argue this takes skill. The hell it does. Any average player that doesn’t faceroll their keyboard can pull this off. Yah maybe CC might work to knock the engi out of position only if CC was unblockable like some CCs should be.

Most of the passive play in GW2 is tolerable because the buffs are temporary and only last a couple of seconds. The engi’s passive play is way above any other profession now.

I like how you listed an entire build, complete with utility skills and other core-specializations and then went all “nerf adaptive armor” instead of “nerf Ironbloded/elixir S/elixir B/stealth gyro/toolkit”.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in Engineer

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

I like how you listed an entire build, complete with utility skills and other core-specializations and then went all “nerf adaptive armor” instead of “nerf Ironbloded/elixir S/elixir B/stealth gyro/toolkit”.

maybe because Adaptive armor is passive and doesn’t take any thought to achieve?

in Engineer

Arantheal.7396

while easily stacking 25 stacks of might

You know that iron blooded & HgH compete with each other, right?
And you also know that celestial does poor dmg, right?
I mean, playing a subpar bunker is all nice and dandy for ya, but it kills your team.
Just saying :P

in Engineer

Arantheal.7396

maybe because Adaptive armor is passive and doesn’t take any thought to achieve?

Err, most traits are… oO
Do you think traits in general are overpowered!?

I mean, lets look into streamlined kits: permanent swiftness for doing nothing but kit-swapping. Would you scream OP PLZ NERF at this as well?

Even worse: mecha-legs.
Reduction to chill/cripple/immob & +25% permanent movement speed WITHOUT ANY COUNTERPLAY…

in Engineer

Posted by: ANort.1425

ANort.1425

Has anyone tested a build like this?
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUnUUBlchlYBWXBEqilJjieur79Oc7SmwS8ZOgAA-TJBHABA8AAUuMwAXAgS2fAA
(with -condi duration food for WvW) Seems like it would have great survivability and sustain along with nice burst damage. Biggest weakness seems to be the lack of a stun break, but you could swap out grenades for elixir gun or elixir S.

(edited by ANort.1425)

in Engineer

Posted by: paladinecho.3024

paladinecho.3024

Why must “THAT GUY” be here to ruin everything that is good? The one that wants to nerf every good thing that makes something fun. Its like he enjoys finding good things and bringing them to an end.

in Engineer

Posted by: underscore.4219

underscore.4219

Don’t nerf adaptive armor – this trait goes well with my Carrion build that i was testing in PVP, which could do with some extra toughness and the condition damage reduction is a good bonus.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ricky Rouse.1583

Ricky Rouse.1583

Adaptative Armor+Hoelbrak+Celestial gear+Alchemy are more than enough in order to tank conditions, while easily stacking 25 stacks of might in order to do awesome damage :p

Mind telling me how you are getting 25 stacks of might without HGH?

I’ll wait.

in Engineer

Posted by: lorddarkflare.9186

lorddarkflare.9186

Mind telling me how you are getting 25 stacks of might without HGH?

I’ll wait.

Well, in a purely theoretical, silly way:

- Mass Momentum + Juggernaut for 14 – 16 stacks.
- Napalm + Orbital Strike + Flame blast + Detonate Healing Turret 9 stacks.

in Engineer

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

That makes no sense … what trait ISN’T passive and needs no thought to achieve? You just presented an argument to nerf almost every trait in the game. I doubt that’s going to happen.

You know what I really love about these threads … the people that make them have no concept of how the metagame shifts around to address these things. They just imaging a static bubble where no class has any ability to adapt to the unkillable engi and it’s game over.

Nothing needs to be changed here, except people adapting to ‘unkillable’ professions.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Engineer

Posted by: Sold Out.7625

Sold Out.7625

“I main an the class I’m complaining about, trust me, I’m legit.”

Mhm. Erryone says that.

Leader of the Free Winds – RP, community, and all kinds of fun.
Jara Ariasdottir (Soon all classes proper!)