Adrenal Implant making first minor obsolete

in Engineer

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

Isn’t that a bit silly design?

It is like predetermined anti synergy. Either make it stack or give us back the old version where you get 10% of the bar refilled.

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

With the nerf to vigor, engi is one of the few classes who still can go up to 100% endurance regen. You should be happy that we have plenty access to vigor, a grandmaster that gives us condition-less 50% endurance regen, which also happens to be placed at the end of a vital line, competing with very situational traits, that most builds can ignore easily without loosing too much.
Toped only by thieves, we have the 2nd most dodges in the game (and running elixir R makes this gap really, really close).

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in Engineer

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

With the nerf to vigor, engi is one of the few classes who still can go up to 100% endurance regen. You should be happy that we have plenty access to vigor, a grandmaster that gives us condition-less 50% endurance regen, which also happens to be placed at the end of a vital line, competing with very situational traits, that most builds can ignore easily without loosing too much.
Toped only by thieves, we have the 2nd most dodges in the game (and running elixir R makes this gap really, really close).

I don’t think its additive, so its not 100%. Its 75%.
I also have no been able to tell if the two even work together. Might be bugged.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in Engineer

Arantheal.7396

Welp, I can not put my hands into fire for this, since so many things have changed, but as far as I’m aware, the hardcap for endurance regen is 100% (at least it was pre-update). To these times, effects that increase a % amount of anything would stack up until 100% were reached, so unless this got changed, vigor + adrenal implant should give 100% endurance regen.
One example was the old (and hopefully current) movement-speed modifiers:
OOC-base-speed was 66.66% With swiftness that were 100% movement speed, hence super-speed never made you faster than OOC + swiftness.
In combat movement-speed got halved to 33.33%, allowing swiftness to give you OOC base-movement-speed (66.66%), while super-speed would hardcap movement speed again to OOC movement-speed + swiftness (100%), while still being in combat.

I guess I need to grap a stop-watch and test that out myself again…

in Engineer

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

It seems you didnt get the purpose of this thread. It doesn’t stack at all.

With vigor and the trait active you have as much regen as with just vigor or with just the trait active: 50%. Yes I tested this ingame.

in Engineer

Arantheal.7396

Welp, one reason less to run the buggy mess that streamlined kits is currently, and a really cheap way to achieve perma-vigor for us…

In case that’s true (and I definitively get my stopwatch out from my drawer now), you’re totally right and the grandmaster makes the minor obsolete.

in Engineer

Posted by: Nilix.2170

Nilix.2170

It’s not pointless as there are still times when you won’t have vigor up, however it is quite wasteful. Since it doesn’t stack, total potential is kitten but I don’t know if it’s intended or not.

Mortar Shot is STILL nerfed by 28%
Purity of Purpose

in Engineer

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Well it’s probably there because the endurance gain traits were converted to give vigor. Like feline grace.
Also adrenal implants isn’t the only grandmaster in tools. Problem is it does what an energy sigil does, so there is no real reason to waste trait points in it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

It seems you didnt get the purpose of this thread. It doesn’t stack at all.

With vigor and the trait active you have as much regen as with just vigor or with just the trait active: 50%. Yes I tested this ingame.

This does not agree with testing I did, where I found the two to be stacking. However, I don’t believe it was up to 100%, it looked more like 75%.

I’m not aware if the devs have commented on this specifically, it would be nice to have them say one way or another what it’s supposed to do.