Aggro, Why me Lord?

Aggro, Why me Lord?

in Engineer

Posted by: Rhalas.4167

Rhalas.4167

I get immense aggro, Ive googled it and there seems to be a discrepancy when it comes to aggro thought.
Do your engy’s get alot of aggro and if so, do you know why? I run SD/rifle with berserker armor and valkyrie trinkets if that helps.

[WAR]- HOD
Lord Rhalas: Commander

Aggro, Why me Lord?

in Engineer

Posted by: pza.8024

pza.8024

i feel with you. i noticed a large increase in aggro once i started playing my tanky condition engi (was playing guardian before). and i play her ALOT. Also, my whole guild says all medium armor characters have that tendency, but for myself i only noticed this on engineer, though i neither played thief nor ranger that much to really be sure, to be honest.

Aggro, Why me Lord?

in Engineer

Posted by: Rhalas.4167

Rhalas.4167

Same, I have a 80 ele and a guard thats 70 and I dont seem to have that problem. I dont understand the mechanics or something.

[WAR]- HOD
Lord Rhalas: Commander

Aggro, Why me Lord?

in Engineer

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

Archers in towers/keeps in wvw shoot me every

single

time

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

Aggro, Why me Lord?

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

Archers in towers/keeps in wvw shoot me every

single

time

^this so much lol

its anoying because usually im in the back you know so the heavies do the siege deploying and such but nope im the one shot at from 1500 range away

Aggro, Why me Lord?

in Engineer

Posted by: ChaosDoom.8459

ChaosDoom.8459

Because most of engi skills are AOE therefore it will hit more than you expected eg. SD will bounce off to nearby mobs, nades explosion will also hit on nearby mobs if within range.

Little Furry – Twin Terror of Crystal Desert
Guild KöMÉ – §Strength, Honour & Duty§

Aggro, Why me Lord?

in Engineer

Posted by: ratche.6204

ratche.6204

I’ve noticed this too and find it quite frustrating. For example in fractals, the final guy in the colossus will only come after me. Basically the only break I have from it is when he sends me to jail. THe ettin champ in the asuran fractal will also only come after me. Champs run past my team to get to me. It happens alot. I know it’s not based on toughness, I go in with a guardian sometimes who has like 900 more toughness than me. I think maybe it’s the grenades that do it. 3 hits may make them come after us.

Aggro, Why me Lord?

in Engineer

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

High toughness and/or wielding a shield will do that to ya, =P

Aggro, Why me Lord?

in Engineer

Rezzet.3614

maybe Ai’s consider player’s hp as well

like i noticed some mobs dart to me when i set a healing turret or simply when my hp drops they focus and chase me like crazy

Aggro, Why me Lord?

in Engineer

Posted by: Pannonica.5378

Pannonica.5378

I feel get crazy aggro from enemy NPCs in WvW as well. I could be miles away from the tower/castle gate when our zerg attacks. Once I approach it, without having dealt a single damage point to any NPCs mind you, some AI marks me for target practice. Not 100% of the time, but noticeably often.
I have quite high +crit bonus and good toughness, but I’m not a tank.
On the other hand I’m not a zerker as the OP.

I remember reading about a programming mistake in a game once which basically lead to a very high aggro generation for one specific class and it took long to correct that mistake. Unfortunately I lost the link and can’t source it.
I wonder if this is one of the inherent engineers bugs or if it is just a subjective matter.

TL;DR: +1 on the aggro magnet notion

Pannonica
Red Guard

Aggro, Why me Lord?

in Engineer

Posted by: Egorum.9506

Egorum.9506

Happens all the time, regardless of what setup i’m using. especially noticeable when you drop a turret, watch all the mobs drop what they’re doing to go kill it.

i don’t think it’s nades either, happens even when i’m running bombs and we’re on a single target. it’s always me that gets focused lol

Risen Howl etc?

Aggro, Why me Lord?

in Engineer

Posted by: MuxyKillin.7036

MuxyKillin.7036

it’s not even the skills we bring. ever been chased by the Mossman’s veteran wolves in a difficulty 39 fractal run as a charr? i feel for cats everywhere. that’s some scary stuff

Aggro, Why me Lord?

in Engineer

Posted by: Cold Hearted Person.6154

Cold Hearted Person.6154

I’ve noticed this too and find it quite frustrating. For example in fractals, the final guy in the colossus will only come after me. Basically the only break I have from it is when he sends me to jail. THe ettin champ in the asuran fractal will also only come after me. Champs run past my team to get to me. It happens alot. I know it’s not based on toughness, I go in with a guardian sometimes who has like 900 more toughness than me. I think maybe it’s the grenades that do it. 3 hits may make them come after us.

LOL,This, every time i enter the boss room, even if im late cus of the jp part, and party already started fireworks show that ettin always goes “hUh, YoU!!! i SmAsh u!!!” and run past my party members straight to me, even when i didnt entered the combat mode yet i already have full aggro.

it’s not even the skills we bring. ever been chased by the Mossman’s veteran wolves in a difficulty 39 fractal run as a charr? i feel for cats everywhere. that’s some scary stuff

Heh, ever been chased by champ drake, mossman, 4-6 spiders, 3-5 Skales(or lurkers, or whatever is their name), 2-3 mosquito and some of the yellow mobs from area at the same time?

At this point im considered a aggro master by people that im in party with.

(edited by Cold Hearted Person.6154)

Aggro, Why me Lord?

in Engineer

Posted by: MuxyKillin.7036

MuxyKillin.7036

Hah! You sir take my bow <bows>. That’s why i decided to have the aggro-magnetism work for me and my group, using the rifle, nades and elixirs to draw fire and redirect it (gotta love a lucky wall of reflection on the turret path of the dredge fractal making the dredge shoot themselves)

Aggro, Why me Lord?

in Engineer

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

i personally wonder about this “issue” aswell. So far pretty much almost any encounter (in dungeons, fractals, random roaming in pve etc…) i seem to be the ultimate aggro magnet. Guardian pummels the everlasting kitten out of a champ, i stand rather far away from it waiting for a skill to charge..and the champ is like “oh… OH! Engineer over there! OMG i sooo gonna ignore the dude that breaks my skull with the hammer and take the engi down THIS is the current ultimate focus of my wrath and everybody arround me just dont even care, the guy with the hammer? Whatever, the dude over there with his staff that rains lightning down on me? Nah dont care, but man those engis.. i HATE em >:((((” Not like it really bothers me.. saves me the time to run over to burn em with the flamer and its pretty nice to just walk backwards in cyrcles and burn em while my group got all the time in the world to just get em down. Though… i do would like to know why this “engineer purge” is taking place..and what triggers it XD

Aggro, Why me Lord?

in Engineer

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

you know I always thought I was crazy. I stopped using Engi after about 150 hours of use in PVE because I kept getting dropped in dungeons first. Im glad this is a normal issue I thought something was wrong with me

Aggro, Why me Lord?

in Engineer

Rezzet.3614

the turret aggro thing is intentional though and is actually helpful in pve however if yous low on health dont drop it while a boss or champ is near