Air Blast burning extender

in Engineer

Posted by: Vajra.3914

Vajra.3914

Am I the only 1 who thinks this skill should extend by 2 sec ALL the burning stack on the enemy hit by the skill?

Becuse adding only 1 stack of burning on enemy already affected by burning looks realy poor for now highly telegraphed knockback.

If u think that would make flametrower too op, limit it to 25 stack of burning (like epidemic) so it doesn’t get that abusable, but at least remains useful.

in Engineer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

I think it is just something that has been overlooked atm, because the way it is now just doesn’t make much sense.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in Engineer

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

If that was the case, it would only take Air Burst recharge/2 engineers to have infinitely growing burn stacks, because you’d continually refresh the stacks. Trying to limit affected stacks would be group play unfriendly. Honestly, extra burn stacks is a fine as a solution.

Fishsticks

in Engineer

Posted by: MattyP.6954

MattyP.6954

Yeah… that would probably be OP. I can pump out 12 burn stacks in a few seconds on my engineer… being able to double that would just be insane.

Server — Fort Aspenwood
Mains — Mathias of the Wood [Ranger]; Collaborator Bluatt [Engineer]
Alts — Necromancer, Warrior, Elementalist

in Engineer

Posted by: Are.1326

Are.1326

Yeah… that would probably be OP. I can pump out 12 burn stacks in a few seconds on my engineer… being able to double that would just be insane.

I’m not sure how you think adding 2 sec to exisiting burn stacks turns the 12 stacks into 24…

in Engineer

Vajra.3914

If that was the case, it would only take Air Burst recharge/2 engineers to have infinitely growing burn stacks, because you’d continually refresh the stacks. Trying to limit affected stacks would be group play unfriendly. Honestly, extra burn stacks is a fine as a solution.

I will never understand why ppl cannot read… or use their brain.

How in the world would u keep burning stacks forever when the skill is 15 sec cooldown and it only extend by 2 sec? U would need at least 7 engi (or 3 if that skill recive bonus burning duration from sigil/runes/whatever), and with the same number of player with power build u can outdamage burning anyway;

While in world bosses as I said it can be limited by 25 burning stack cap, so u don’t keep up more than 25 burning even with 1943843 engi arround.

in Engineer

Ghotistyx.6942

Why would you institute a cap when they just had an update removing the previous cap? Why would you even?

7-8 engineers isn’t hard to find, and when they keep increasing every stack by two seconds, all of a sudden no stacks ever drop so any additional stacks from anyone just keep increasing. Power damage wouldn’t hold a candle. It’s the same concept as Thief’s No Quarter, which grants permanent fury by increasing the duration by 2 seconds. Anet even had to slightly alter that to current functionality because players were able to stack ridiculous amounts of fury duration.

I’ve basically repeated my previous post. So much for not being able to read and not using my brain.

Fishsticks

in Engineer

Vajra.3914

Why would you institute a cap when they just had an update removing the previous cap? Why would you even?

7-8 engineers isn’t hard to find, and when they keep increasing every stack by two seconds, all of a sudden no stacks ever drop so any additional stacks from anyone just keep increasing. Power damage wouldn’t hold a candle. It’s the same concept as Thief’s No Quarter, which grants permanent fury by increasing the duration by 2 seconds. Anet even had to slightly alter that to current functionality because players were able to stack ridiculous amounts of fury duration.

I’ve basically repeated my previous post. So much for not being able to read and not using my brain.

It’s the same cap Epidemic has, it only extend 25 burning stack, not 93884, only 25; as I said before, this wouldn’t impatch much PvP, since this skill has and had for some time telegraph, thus easy to evade/block/whatever; and pls, 7 engi in PvP? Max 5, and it wouldn’t realy work due condi cleanse (yeah, that unknown…),while in PvE it would be a slight buff to the flametrower, since it still has many flaw (#2 horrible path finder, #4 30 sec cd and no cd reduction trait), in PvP it wouldn’t even be a problem since if u get caught by burning chance are the engi will trow his #3 before burning expire (and trust me, other than IP, engi doesn’t realy have access to realiable burning, second place beeing flametrower toolbelt), and u have all the time to evade/cleanse.

Edit: Probably he thinks I want a 25 burning cap on enemy, no, The cap would still be 1500, the said cap is only for 25 stacks of burning to be extended on, let’s say, 78 currently on the enemy.

(edited by Vajra.3914)

in Engineer

Ghotistyx.6942

No, I actually comprehend what you’re trying to say. If we reference No Quarter once again, the current functionality is to add a 2s Fury with a 2s icd. Air Blast currently works this way as it gives extra stacks of burning. It allows you to spike your burn damage a tad, instead of increasing every single stack of burning on the target, regardless of if you placed it there or not.

If you have a complaint about Air Blast, consider discussing the stacks or extra stack duration, but the functionality is fine.

Fishsticks

in Engineer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

The tooltip gives the idea that Air Blast extends existing stacks of burning on the target by 2 seconds. In reality what happens is Air Blast adds on a single 2 second burn stack if the target already has burning on them.

Back when burning didn’t stack, this seemed normal. However, now that it does stack it feels weak. What the OP is requesting is that Air Blast do as the tooltip suggests and extend the duration of existing stacks by 2 seconds instead of adding a single 2 second burn stack like it currently does. And to circumvent abuse in PvE, he is suggesting a 25 stack cap for the skill much like Epidemic has.

This doesn’t sound crazy or op to me at all. I hope this clears up some of the confusion going on in this thread.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in Engineer

Ghotistyx.6942

I don’t think there was much confusion. I’ll agree that Air Blast looks weak as it currently stands, but extending existing durations isn’t the answer. Increasing the stacks, duration, or both of the burning from Air Blast is a better solution.

Fishsticks

in Engineer

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

Or we could change the functionality slightly, by having Air blast “spread” a stack of burning to surrounding enemies. There would be a question of the compound effect, since it has the mechanical potential to Splinter Barrage a group of burning enemies with +4 stacks (assuming 5 strike cap on attack). This could be good or bad, depending on how much spike damage results from it.

As a side suggestion, what about a traited ability to make Air Blast cure burning on friendlies?