Alleged leaked patch notes. 10/15

in Engineer

Posted by: yanchoy.9176

yanchoy.9176

General:
Engineer turrets will now target whatever enemy was last hit by their owner whenever possible
Runes of lyssa now work properly on all elites

Engineer:
Bomb Kit – Bomb: Base radius increased from 120 to 180. Radius when traited with Forceful Explosives is increased to 240.
Bomb Kit – Fire Bomb: Base radius increased from 120 to 180. Radius when traited with Forceful Explosives is increased to 240.
Bomb Kit – Glue Bomb: Radius when traited with Forceful Explosives decreased from 360 to 300.
Kit Refinement – Magnetic Bomb: Radius when traited with Forceful Explosives decreased from 360 to 300.
Self-Regulating Defenses: This trait now functions with Fast-Acting Elixirs.
Hidden Flask: This trait now functions with Fast-Acting Elixirs.
Autodefense Bomb Dispenser: This trait now functions with Short Fuse.
Sharpshooter: Critical chance increased from 30% to 33%.
Metal Plating: Damage reduction has been increased from 30% to 33%.
Homing Torpedo: This skill will no longer fail to strike larger worm creatures.
Glue Bomb: Added an unblockable fact.
Smoke Vent: This skill now has a range indicator.
Steel Packed Powder:: Fixed a bug so that the vulnerability condition will be applied when is equipped on the grenade skill and not the Reserve Mines trait.
Elixir C: This skill now functions with Potent Elixirs.
Toss Elixir R: This skill now functions with Potent Elixirs. Resurrection has been normalized to 17%, from a random percentage chance (14-20%). Underwater version now functions the same as well.
Toss Elixir S: This ability now only grants stealth. Base duration of stealth increased to 5 seconds.
Toss Elixir B: This ability now grants stability to allies, in addition to a random boon. Base recharge increased to 30 seconds.
Elixir H: Normalized protection duration from 7 seconds to 6 when traited with Potent Elixirs.
Mine Field: Base explosion radius increased from 120 to 180.
Reserve Mines: Base explosion radius increased from 120 to 180.
Throw Napalm: This skill now leaves a fire field behind for 3 seconds when it lands that burns enemies for 1 second every second. Burning duration of Throw Napalm on impact reduced to 4 seconds from 5.
Rifle Turret – Automatic Fire: Bleeding has been removed. This ability now applies 8 seconds of vulnerability each hit.

Overall it’s a medium/strong buff for me

/Snow white and the 7 dwarfs and their wives

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

This was posted and locked already, on the front page just a few threads down. Appreciate the sharing, but enjoy what is likely going to be a forum block for it.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: Iarkrad.8415

Iarkrad.8415

A step in the right direction.
My response?
Nerfhammer incoming

No more non cosmetic world event rewards. We haven’t forgotten the Ancient Karka.

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

My response?
Nerfhammer incoming

i fear for the day the devs finally give in to the whiners and they buff our class only to nerf it to useless status the next week.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in Engineer

Posted by: Iarkrad.8415

Iarkrad.8415

The buff/condition stack nerf is that mother of all nerfs (Elixer R being the father) that will ruin the engineer class. Personal opinion.

No more non cosmetic world event rewards. We haven’t forgotten the Ancient Karka.

in Engineer

Posted by: ikiturso.4026

ikiturso.4026

Intresting for WvW’s sake. Is throw elixir B 2 second stability? or somethin usefull? With these uprages im tempted to test bomb kit, elixirgun, elixir B. (if toss skill is real).

“Hidden Flask: This trait now functions with Fast-Acting Elixirs.” explain me this pls!

Why throw napalm was nerfed? Leaves some trail of fire on ground pfftt. EDIT: ofcourse combo field no nerf, my bad

(edited by ikiturso.4026)

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

“Hidden Flask: This trait now functions with Fast-Acting Elixirs.” explain me this pls!

inb4 the lock

hidden flask has a hidden 90 second cooldown, if it starts working with fast acting elixirs that cooldown will be 20% shorter, meaning 18 seconds, 72 instead of 90. Not the biggest of changes but it will help.

toss elixir B stability has to be at least 4 seconds base so its any use for stomps and avoiding melee trains.

if this changes do go live, a build running elixir b and s has 3 free stomps. bring it!

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in Engineer

Posted by: ikiturso.4026

ikiturso.4026

Elixir B should be kitten . And with traits it would be awesome! Thrown stability and and miz in elixir gun for reta fields.

in Engineer

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

“Metal Plating: Damage reduction has been increased from 30% to 33%.”

Survivability of turrets: Fixed.

/sarcasm

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

/sarcasm

As I said to a guildmate: 3% isn’t enough. The only reason this’ll help any is because of the big boost to minion HP, assuming, of course, that Turrets count as minions.

in Engineer

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

Hmm do I missed the buff? Bombs are a little bit more useful and the rest is small changes?We have access to stability with the toss B and our turrets will shoot at our last target. That’s the buff?

in Engineer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Hrm, the Elixir S and B changes are kitten awesome changes, if these notes aren’t fake.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Engineer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

/sarcasm

There was also a general health increase on minions (mesmer excluded)…

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Well there are nerf crying all over profession forums so imo this patch will be pretty balanced:-P

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

digiowl.9620

Hrm, the Elixir S and B changes are kitten awesome changes, if these notes aren’t fake.

Reliable stealth and reliable stability sounds like it is worth a utility slot or two indeed.

As for fake, hard to say. But the last time there was such a leak, most of it carried through with some minor changes.

Note btw that this is not for the September 17. update, but the October 1. update.

in Engineer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Bigger bomb aoe was needed
S toss being more reliable was needed (rng is bad)
More reliable access to stability was needed
Turret AI not being totally stupid and continually trying to shoot at something behind a wall while I’m pew pew-ing at something else was needed

Fixes for problems that shouldn’t wind up making Eng OP at the same time. Good stuff.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Engineer

Posted by: Fikston.5296

Fikston.5296

Worth mentioning 2 other general points, maybe:

Weapon skills that hide your weapon no longer hide your back item
&
All player controlled minions. excluding Mesmer phantasm and clones because they were already increased in a previous patch, now have 71.43% more hit points in a PvE map.

It’s vague but these could hopefully affect backpacks and turrets…

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

If the attack duration bugs aren’t fixed with turrets, these changes won’t put turrets where they need to be. If the bugs are fixed and they attack with the right durations, and all overcharges work (I still think they need to be instant), I think I would run turrets.

Nearly doubling their health and making them attack the right stuff is going to be pretty cool if this goes through.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

All player controlled minions. excluding Mesmer phantasm and clones because they were already increased in a previous patch, now have 71.43% more hit points in a PvE map.
——-
Turrets need a health and defense buff in WvW they die within seconds most of the time :/

in Engineer

Aberrant.6749

Worth mentioning 2 other general points, maybe:

&

It’s vague but these could hopefully affect backpacks and turrets…

I was wondering that myself but I didn’t want to jump to conclusions

Tarnished Coast

in Engineer

digiowl.9620

——-
Turrets need a health and defense buff in WvW they die within seconds most of the time :/

WVW equals PVE when it comes go game balance.

in Engineer

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

No doubt this will get locked soon. But the nerf to condition/boon stacking can be quite severe. Afterall, we do rely on multihit abilities that stack short instances of conditions. (Fire bomb, poison dart volley, blowtorch might fit the bill aswell, glueshot, gluebomb, poison grenade)

Especially if there is a lack of visual feedback when a target has been “saturated” this can be a real problem. Using for exmaple a Blowtorch only to find out it did nothing, because the target was still saturated. Wasting a cooldown.
And obviously of this change is true (remember, speculation on “leaked” patchnotes) it would be a pretty severe nerf to Condition builds in PvE. Where this kind of build already suffers heavily due to how limited conditions can stack.

WVW equals PVE when it comes go game balance.

Not true. WvW for instance has the massive Confusion nerf from sPvP that did not apply to PvE.
WvW kinda floats between spvp and pve. So this is no guarentee that buff would apply to Turrets in WvW.

p.s.

Mods can been locking these threads. But the cat is out of the bag and people will keep bringing it up here, and just about every other forum section.

(edited by Terrahero.9358)

in Engineer

Posted by: VIVorcha.7853

VIVorcha.7853

I don’t get why there are any nerfs to our class at all… but I appreciate the buffs. At least they notice us, and Toss E B isn’t useless anymore.

Love how ANet always tries to put the little number before the big number, so that everything looks like a buff even when it isn’t.

in Engineer

ellesee.8297

buffs all around but you’re still not satisfied.
can you please go roll another class already

#1 Frandliest person NA!

in Engineer

Posted by: XelNigma.6315

XelNigma.6315

I don’t like that the rifle turret is losing the bleed for vulnerability. I’m a power build and I find vulnerability worthless.
The bleeds would deal way more damage than vulnerability can.

I dont use bomb/grenade kits and I dont use elixirs, BAM 90% of the changes dont affect me. But the buff to turret HP and AI is nice, like game changer nice. I’m going to be eagerly testing out there survivability once this hits.
I still think turrets need a lot of buffs in way of traits and the cooldowns need normalized and picking up turrets need to be worth it, but this is a good start.

in Engineer

Posted by: Riojin.2649

Riojin.2649

/sarcasm

As I said to a guildmate: 3% isn’t enough. The only reason this’ll help any is because of the big boost to minion HP, assuming, of course, that Turrets count as minions.

Turrets never counted as “player controlled minions” before. THey arent classes as pets, minions, clones, or even an extension of then engingeer (since the dont proc perplexity, etc.) If there was gonna be a health increase anet would have said it specifically “Engineer turrets gain X% health” I an very sceptical that they are gonna start counting them in this field now. But if they did 20+K health thumper with 33% damage reduction is nice.

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

I’m curious how this will work. Does Elixir C convert incoming conditions when you’re under the effect of it? I thought it just converted on consumption. There was always a posted duration, but I never noticed it actually working.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

I don’t like that the rifle turret is losing the bleed for vulnerability. I’m a power build and I find vulnerability worthless.
The bleeds would deal way more damage than vulnerability can.

I dont use bomb/grenade kits and I dont use elixirs, BAM 90% of the changes dont affect me. But the buff to turret HP and AI is nice, like game changer nice. I’m going to be eagerly testing out there survivability once this hits.
I still think turrets need a lot of buffs in way of traits and the cooldowns need normalized and picking up turrets need to be worth it, but this is a good start.

Ehm, vulnerability worthless in a power build? You don’t play bombs/grenades so you don’t have good vulnerability stacks at the moment. The new rifle turret would give you up to 8 stacks of vulnerability which means 8% more damage for you and your turret. Wtf is wrong with saying the bleed is more worth? Are u drunk? O does your power build deal no damage that 8% must be less? The vulnerability is much much much much much much more worth then this kittenty bleed. Omg that’s the reason why engineer is totally ignored by the main community. Some ppl are just…. just … kitten.

(edited by Forestnator.6298)

in Engineer

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

buffs all around but you’re still not satisfied.
can you please go roll another class already

It’s a mixed bag of fixes that have been a long time coming (and still more remain) and buffs that... stabilize **puts on sunglasses*... a few holes in the design of the class.

To be frank, I would have been happier if everything is/was just fixed. That way, when they consider buffs/tweaks they are working from a proper baseline rather than they fix things after the buffs/tweaks and suddenly find they need to bang us over the head with a nerf bat.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

I’m curious how this will work. Does Elixir C convert incoming conditions when you’re under the effect of it? I thought it just converted on consumption. There was always a posted duration, but I never noticed it actually working.

To the best of my knowledge, it converts on consumption and the boons you receive last for the listed duration.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dasboba.1652

Dasboba.1652

The most amusing thing about this thread is that it is the only leaked patch notes thread on the forums that won’t get deleted by mods since no devs ever visit this forum.

That said, I’m happy with the bomb changes and especially the fact that glue bomb will be unblockable. Sadly, the aoe cap including blocks will be brutal for all aoe dps including bombs/nades and will likely drive the meta further into melee train blobs.

I guess I’ll look at the bright side, if I toss barrage into a zerg at least I won’t kill myself w/retaliation if all the nades are blocked. /s

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

My response?
Nerfhammer incoming

Buffs to the size of our fire bomb not registering to anyone?

EDIT: It’s like Anet takes a look at all my build videos and goes; " I like this guy, let’s buff all his builds so people play those more." Needless to say, I’m a very happy camper right now.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

(edited by Dirame.8521)

in Engineer

Posted by: Elidath.5679

Elidath.5679

I fear a reverse nerf bat when they realise they basically made a better and traitable version of Mass Invisibility.

Totally hyped by the non-RNG access to stability, though. please make it real ^^

in Engineer

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Seems nice and all, but i still don’t see the known turret bugs fixed in those patch notes. And until those are fixed, they can’t properly balance them.

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

To the best of my knowledge, it converts on consumption and the boons you receive last for the listed duration.

on consumption and converted boons by elixir C last 5 seconds (base). even if u get 30 seconds of poison it will only give u 5 seconds of a random boon after conversion. when converting multiple conditions you might get several stacks of 5 seconds of the same boon tho.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in Engineer

Posted by: Swagg.9236

Swagg.9236

All those buffs. Furthermore, that’s not how Bomb Kit should be buffed/changed. Why is ANet so bad at foresight?

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

So then Potent Elixirs would just increase the duration of boons?

Interesting.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

I’m surprised they haven’t come and locked this one too :P

in Engineer

Posted by: linsalainen.5806

linsalainen.5806

So..this will be the end of condition Engineers? Or do you think it will still be worth playing in wvw?

in Engineer

Terrahero.9358

So..this will be the end of condition Engineers? Or do you think it will still be worth playing in wvw?

That will end up depending how the condition change ends up. We have a bunch of abilities that apply short conditions but over several ticks. Something like Poison-Dart Volley alone can already hit the 5x Cap.
Meaning any other poison applications by you or your allies will not go untill the first application falls off.

It will probably be a lot harder to tag targets in zerg on zerg, small scale fighting it shouldnt be a huge deal. But without proper visual feedback you can very well end up wasting a long-cooldown condition ability (or several if its something you had to setup) when the target was already saturated.

All in all i find it a dumb change, that will have a negative impact on conditions specs in general. But it will probably hurt a lot more in PvE, where conditions are already getting capped pretty hard without this change making it worst.

in Engineer

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

So then Potent Elixirs would just increase the duration of boons?

Interesting.

Right—potent elixirs is listed as a 20% increase so I’d guess that the boons would now stick for a base of 6 seconds (I’m fairly confident it’s also increased by your +boon duration).

in Engineer

Posted by: linsalainen.5806

linsalainen.5806

That will end up depending how the condition change ends up. We have a bunch of abilities that apply short conditions but over several ticks. Something like Poison-Dart Volley alone can already hit the 5x Cap.
Meaning any other poison applications by you or your allies will not go untill the first application falls off.

It will probably be a lot harder to tag targets in zerg on zerg, small scale fighting it shouldnt be a huge deal. But without proper visual feedback you can very well end up wasting a long-cooldown condition ability (or several if its something you had to setup) when the target was already saturated.

All in all i find it a dumb change, that will have a negative impact on conditions specs in general. But it will probably hurt a lot more in PvE, where conditions are already getting capped pretty hard without this change making it worst.

ah because im leveling a engineer right now. Im sorry but i cant find the urge to play him anymore since i was going to play condi engineer. Im more into roaming in wvw tho maybe it wont be affected that much? Or maybe i should just reroll or get another build, that is the question for me right now

in Engineer

Posted by: Moonrabbit.1543

Moonrabbit.1543

Is there any reference in the notes to a reversal of the 5% reduction in kit damage that was implemented in the last patch?

in Engineer

Terrahero.9358

Is there any reference in the notes to a reversal of the 5% reduction in kit damage that was implemented in the last patch?

There was not in the leaked version. But these are not finalized nor proven beyond a doubt to be legit. I personally think they are legit, but hey…

in Engineer

Posted by: Requiem.8769

Requiem.8769

There was not in the leaked version. But these are not finalized nor proven beyond a doubt to be legit. I personally think they are legit, but hey…

A Dev officially released patch notes a couple of hours ago. While neither certain nor comprehensive, as far as I know they fully match the leaked ones.

in Engineer

ellesee.8297

A Dev officially released patch notes a couple of hours ago. While neither certain nor comprehensive, as far as I know they fully match the leaked ones.

can i get the source?

#1 Frandliest person NA!

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

can i get the source?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/October-15th-balance-skills-updates-preview/first#post2832788

in Engineer

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

are u all blind?

read this Features:
Added new condition damage floaters: An option to use the more iconic damage floaters.
New Fact System: Added trait facts. Showing linked skills in traits. Traits and skills update facts when affects by other traits.
General:
Aoe spells with that have a maximum number of targets will now count combatants that block or evade the attack towards that maximum (actually this must be nerf for all aoe)
Fixed a bug where some 0 damage spells (Tainted shackles among others) did not place their casters in combat.
Fixed a bug that disabled utility skill swapping while transformed
Stun breakers now break blowouts and launch as well
Tab targeting now prioritizes players over npcs (including minions)(mesmer clones are an exception)
Made adjustments to click targeting to make it more precise

Fixed a bug that caused extra “Miss” floaters to display whenever an attack was dodged, evaded, or missed due to blind
Fixed a bug that made F1-F4 skills display the wrong amount of damage (too little if your weapon was better than common rarity)
Engineer turrets will now target whatever enemy was last hit by their owner whenever possible
Runes of lyssa now work properly on all elites
Fixed a bug where stuns would always round up their duration to the nearest second if you had extra stun duration from items or trait
All duration stacking boons(Aegis, Fury, protection, Regeneration, Retaliation, Swiftness, and Vigor) and conditions(Blind, Burning, Chilled, Cripple, immobilze(now stacks duration), and Poison) now stack to a maximum of 5 times.
Dark Projectile Combo: The damage portion of the life siphon bolt now slightly scales off power.
Dark Whirl Combo: The damage portion of the life siphon bolt now slightly scales off power.
Made it a bit easier to retarget channeled skills (now if you try to recast them on a separate target, it will cancel your current instance of the skill and start casting it again on the other target)
Made it harder to accidentally waste your downed 2 skill when you get downed while trying to use your weapon 2 skill
Skills that buff allies in an aoe now prioritize party members

we are getting buffed! Celebrate!

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

in Engineer

Posted by: RaynStargaze.6510

RaynStargaze.6510

Less RNG and bigger bomb size?!?!? This cant be real…

If it is its pretty amazing!

now just increase the range of the hitarea for the accelerant-packed turrets so i can actually hit people with it and allow me to explode turrets in downed state and i will seriously consider turrets

in Engineer

Aberrant.6749

I fear a reverse nerf bat when they realise they basically made a better and traitable version of Mass Invisibility.

Totally hyped by the non-RNG access to stability, though. please make it real ^^

MI stealths up to 10, the toss would only do 5. MI also has a 1,200 radius

The tooltip on blowtorch has changed as well (idk when this happened, but I just noticed it recently). It’s no longer 3 stacks of 2s burn at close range, but one 6s burn.

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Aberrant.6749)