Am I the only one with this bug?

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

Whenever i activate the Flame turret’s secondary mode theres no smoke field AoE at all no matter how many times i activate it on Rare occasions then it decides to work ?

in Engineer

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

How long do you wait?
These overcharge abilities of turrets have a sloooow ‘loading’ time before the ability is active.

Might be that.

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

in Engineer

Rezzet.3614

30 seconds cooldown and it should activate every 5 seconds with 2 seconds duration and as i said i ve tried multiple times so thats a nothing going on for over 5 minutes.

in Engineer

Posted by: athuria.2751

athuria.2751

I definitely noticed this happening in CoF some days ago when I was running it, but I wasn’t able to replicate the effect in the Mists. It’s definitely not something I saw before running that dungeon, but I haven’t been running the open world on my engi since so I haven’t seen if it persisted.

Syrlya | Sylvari Mesmer
Arabelle Jones | Human Engineer
Stormbluff Isle

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

(Makes a note to check his engi next time he’s on.)

As time goes by more and more bugs are building for this class, at this rate it will never be fixed.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Engineer

Posted by: Leo.7942

Leo.7942

I haven’t tested this at all recently, but I used to use flame turret all the time while leveling. If it still behaves the same way, then the smoke field will only activate if there are enemies in close proximity. I think our thumper turret works this way as well.

If that doesn’t explain it, I have no idea what might be wrong. :/

in Engineer

Rezzet.3614

OK i literally tried using the flame turret’s secondary all day wich made my pve experience hell since my new engineer is lvl 12 and the story is at lvl 16 the flame turret’s secondary did not proc at all in the whole day and i played till about 3 AM.

i ll try it today for 20 minutes and give an updated result when im done.

in Engineer

Rezzet.3614

alrite apparently the smoke field is Only generated during combat.

in Engineer

Posted by: Walorx.5129

Walorx.5129

What’s neat about the flame turret overcharge is that it can ‘charge’ persay, until an enemy aggros it! What that means is you can leave it overcharged before a fight happens, and it’ll instantly do the ability once someone gets in range. Pretty nifty ability, not a bug at all (or to my knowledge at least).

Vöz – “Stand in the red circles, they heal you”
YOUTUBE.COM/VOZTACTICS

in Engineer

Rezzet.3614

sometimes it doesnt go off even when aggroed tho or i just have bad luck.

in Engineer

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

What the overcharge of the Flame Turret does, basically, is change the turret’s next attack into a smoke blast instead of a fire shot. If the turret doesn’t attack (due to no combat or enemies being too far away, remember that flame turret has crap range) the smoke blast won’t happen.

Kind of annoying if you’re trying to use the turret to stealth out of combat through smoke field + blast finisher, though as mentioned above it does allow you to overcharge the turret “in advance” and have the smoke field activate as soon as an enemy gets close.

in Engineer

Rezzet.3614

well i noticed something even more anoying, the smoke combo field i shoot my target it pops up Blind text but target gets no effect apparently combo blind has a cooldown or something wich kills the purpose of using overcharged shot even more thats mainly why i needed overcharged shot to work at anytime so i could use it with my rifle.

in Engineer

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

well i noticed something even more anoying, the smoke combo field i shoot my target it pops up Blind text but target gets no effect apparently combo blind has a cooldown or something wich kills the purpose of using overcharged shot even more thats mainly why i needed overcharged shot to work at anytime so i could use it with my rifle.

If you’re talking about the Rifle basic 1 attack, its only a 20% projectile finisher. Which means it only actually applies the finisher effect 20% of the time, not every hit. Most projectile basic attacks are like this, they don’t want you to spam basics in a field to rack up a ton of combo effects.

The combo “prompts” (like Blind in this case) still pop up every shot regardless of whether it applies or not, though.