Am i playing op class?

Am i playing op class?

in Engineer

Posted by: StarNightz.8496

StarNightz.8496

So i was just dueling to practices my engi in spvp (and im very new to pvp in general) and this one warrior was keep losing to me. He rq but before he left he said to me that im a scrub and playing op engi class that takes no skill to use…i honestly thought engi was one of the hardest class to play but is it really that op?

Kimditcher

Am i playing op class?

in Engineer

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

Its just warrior which is UP atleast the ones i have encountered.

Am i playing op class?

in Engineer

StarNightz.8496

Sry didnt understand wat u wrote

Kimditcher

Am i playing op class?

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

except for 2 or 3 builds, warriors are screwed in PvP.
I guess his ego got hurt since he’s used to be looked with awe upon in Dungeons and WvW…
Welp, the later less lately.^^

Just kidding, there are some amazing warriors out there, but the guy you’ve met seem to suffer from a big l2p-issue himself. Playing an engi properly requires 12 fingers and a lot of practice, so keep it up and improve yourself.
Don’t let yourself getting demotivated by ignorance / jealousy or hatred towards a class that you like.
One bit of advice tho: If you were running turrets: don’t.
They are really hard to counter in 1v1 situations, so a true easy-mode for the class. But if you really want to improve your own skills you should always try to run new builds that are hard to play well, else your learning experience is zero.
Additionally tureteer builds are rocking in pug vs pug matches, but on higher ranks you’ll meet more and more people who just out-rotate (never visiting) you, only to rush and rofl-stomp you together in the right moment. You’ll not help your team much if you always camp on a node, hiding behind your turrets.

If you enjoy the rifle: play zerker s/d
If you enjoy nades, run cele rifle.
If you enjoy pistol/shield or pistol/pistol: run condi-2kit
And if you mastered these and get bored, come up with your own builds to discover new ways of fun every day.^^

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

Am i playing op class?

in Engineer

Posted by: Ravinsild.4637

Ravinsild.4637

What does Zerker s/d mean? I tried Cele rifle as my very first engineer game on a level 2 Engi I made to see if I liked it, and it was hard so I didn’t like the build but I liked the class.

I got used to the class as a turret engineer but I had a friend who always wanted me at their side so then I picked up p/s condi and now I’m doing p/p condi. I think with more practice even I could like Cele rifle.

I haven’t found a build I don’t like yet really but I only have maybe 25 Engineer games played. I have only been playing for 5 weeks and my most played is my super tanky condi removing beast Necromancet which doesn’t require all this finger finesse kit swapping.

I am learning and I’ve found at least 4 builds I want to try even HGH!

Am i playing op class?

in Engineer

Arantheal.7396

Zerker s/d refers to the trait Static discharge, being used with Berserker Amulet. Basically it’s a squishy sniper that focuses on using toolbelt skills with low cooldowns so he can spam the trait, creating multiple bouncing projectiles which can overload and kill even rather tanky targets instantly if played right.
The build is quite hard to master, and the low survivability makes it even harder to learn it, but once you’ve grown familiar with it, the reward is astounding.
There is a wide margin of trait-setups and utility-skills that work with it, but in general they all work the same.
You’ll find a couple of s/d zerker builds here or on metabattle.com, and if you want to I can repost the one I’m currently running.

Am i playing op class?

in Engineer

Posted by: Ravinsild.4637

Ravinsild.4637

Awesome! I want to learn every engineer build. I’m looking forward to trying flamethrower builds, HGH builds, more different turrets, pistol and shield builds, everything. So far this is my favorite class by far.

Am i playing op class?

in Engineer

Arantheal.7396

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQFAUlUUpkrtdxmKseRSehM6kXDCyAJEXvvA-TJBFwACuAA12foaZAAPAAA

That is my personal s/d zerker build.
It’s actually quite defensive since you have so many RNG condi-transmutes, blinds and aegis. The purpose is to max out its performance in 1v1 situations, where all the RNG messes quite hard with a opponent trying to lock and burst me down properly. Basically it’s like trying to catch wet soap^^
If you prefer the direct dps-approach with minimal survivability, try this:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQFAUlUUpkrtdxmKseNSeBN6kclpA6BEgFIqAC-TJBFABCcBAqZ/BqLDAwDAAA
or this:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQFAUlUUpkrtdxmKseNSeBN6kclaC6BEgFIqAC-TJBFwACuAA12foaZAAPAAA

Am i playing op class?

in Engineer

StarNightz.8496

Oh ok thx for the info i run p/s 2 kit 1 elixir and only that for now. I should try other builds too. So its not that engis are op its jist tjat warrior was kitten

Kimditcher

Am i playing op class?

in Engineer

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Condi engi is harder than cele because you lack the sustain from op amulet. But you deal more damage

Am i playing op class?

in Engineer

Posted by: krixis.9538

krixis.9538

simple rule for mmos.

its the player using the class that’s OP.

a class may seem OP when a skilled player is using it.

take a bad player with an “OP” class and they do not seem OP at all and most of the time are a push over.

yes some classes are “easier” to play then others.

also a lot of ppl don’t know how to counter certain classes / builds due to them being less played then other very popular classes (thief / ele)

its taken years for the engie class to be taken srsly by the players. and its only now that we are seeing skilled engineers rising up and taking a lot of players by surprise.

so yes the class is OP if used correctly and skill fully.

no it wont be OP for a new player who does not understand the class.

and yes learning the engineer at first is complex. then you get used to it and its then becomes easy to use.

Desolation EU
Fractal lvl 80 – 126 AR

Am i playing op class?

in Engineer

Posted by: Axyl.9408

Axyl.9408

In short, Yes. Some builds are. Turret builds are borderline broken in bunkering points in PvP, but useless in every other game mode.The Cele rifle might stacking is also too strong. But that’s not the class, it’s the over powered Celestial amulet that’s breaking PvP atm. S/D builds are fine. They’re easy to kill, but they kill easily and you have to play smart.

(edited by Axyl.9408)

Am i playing op class?

in Engineer

Posted by: Black para goner.7612

Black para goner.7612

Warriors are not UP, they can be very strong if the player is gd, same with Engi they are not OP they can be very useless if the player is bad.

Nova Bushido Top Charr Engineer, AG IRQ.
Predator | Quip | Flameseeker | Juggernaut

Am i playing op class?

in Engineer

Posted by: Hummy.6748

Hummy.6748

Turret/bunker engis are as op as it gets in sPvP. I know because I rek at all classes I play and I get rekt by scrub engis on point on any class. I even rolled an engi and slapped a build together one day and got bored of my 27 win streak. It’s just too kitten easy.

Am i playing op class?

in Engineer

Posted by: Amadeus.5687

Amadeus.5687

While I agree with people about the Engineer not being an OP proffession, I still think we are an profession that have strong advantages, that make us feel OP against melee professions! Whenever I see Engineer vs Thief, Warrior or Guardian, my money will allways be on the Engineer, simply because these professions have the hardest time dealing with how much kiting we can do!
So a warrior in a 1vs1 duel can fast turn into very frustrating situation for a Warrior, in special against a condi Engineer (what I understood from the OP you were using in the duel?)! The amount of blinds, block, cripple, poison and just condition pressure in generel is simply to much for them to deal with! I have had several fight where they barely ever get to hit me because of that, which will give anyone the feeling they are up against an OP profession.
When that is said, Engineer is in no way an easy Profession to learn, nor to master, if you are using 2-3 kits! Turret’s might be easy to use, but that ain’t making the profession and easy one!
so StarNightz keep going with the Engineer if you enjoy it, and for sure try out a lot of different builds! The Engineer got a large plate of different playstyles and it’s a lot of fun to test around with!

Am i playing op class?

in Engineer

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP:

I’ll make it easy for you.

PvP: Yes, engi is that OP
PvE: No, engi is not OP
WvW zerg: No one wants an engi there
WvW roam: Really strong

Am i playing op class?

in Engineer

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Sigh, lets get some more context.

1. What build were you running?
2. What build was the warrior running?
3. Did he manage to dodge/interrupt your crate? Assuming you used it.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

Am i playing op class?

in Engineer

StarNightz.8496

I did write wat my build was in middle of the discussion but ill write it again. Im running P/S bomb kit, tool kit, (elixir s/elixir gun/slick bots for my third slot depending on how i feel) and 6/2/0/4/2

Kimditcher

Am i playing op class?

in Engineer

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

I can’t remember the last time I lost to an Engineer in WvW on tier 1-3 servers in roaming. I’d love a challenging fight, so Engis come at me if you want to duel :P

Server? Lets do this!

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

Am i playing op class?

in Engineer

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

I can’t remember the last time I lost to an Engineer in WvW on tier 1-3 servers in roaming. I’d love a challenging fight, so Engis come at me if you want to duel :P

If you’re vs Crystal Desert send me a mail, I’ll be there, I’ll Fraps it.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ