An Old Request

An Old Request

in Engineer

Posted by: arenta.2953

arenta.2953

Yes its been said before

but for peets sake. can Anet plz give engineers the option to choose animation for rifle 1?

i’m really tired of the hit shot. i just want my character to aim like a normal rifle without needing to be on a dull warrior

engineer is fun and exciting…but that rifle 1 animation….just whyyyyy

plz?
you wouldnt need to make a new animation, jsut give us warrior 1 rifle animation (make it an option)

Jade Quarry’s Tomoko Takei, Anabuki Tomoko, and Assassin Ahri

An Old Request

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

…without needing to be on a dull warrior…

engineer is fun and exciting…

jsut give us warrior 1 rifle animation

This seems contradictory!

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

An Old Request

in Engineer

arenta.2953

…without needing to be on a dull warrior…

engineer is fun and exciting…

jsut give us warrior 1 rifle animation

This seems contradictory!

na, engineer’s skills are what make it fun (while warriors are….kinda static)

but the engineer’s rifle 1 skill is annoying to me (i like the 2-5 though)

i just want an option to switch it to aimed animation.
then it would be perfect.

cause i’m really tired of the asuran crotch shots.

sorry. but i’m not a fan of this
http://download.gamezone.com/uploads/image/data/1111267/Bigkitten.jpg

(edited by arenta.2953)

An Old Request

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

It’s a shotgun and we shoot it like a shotgun.

There are many valid things to complain about but this isn’t one of them. There’s no chance the dev team ever spends time giving us optional animations to use.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

An Old Request

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I love the animation, changing it is a terrible idea.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

An Old Request

in Engineer

arenta.2953

i said optional change.

its better than me going into game files to manually change it.

An Old Request

in Engineer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

i said optional change.

Animation is fine as is. And please, be all means, change the game files and post a video link here of your results. I think you’re bluffing. ; P

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

An Old Request

in Engineer

arenta.2953

i said optional change.

Animation is fine as is. And please, be all means, change the game files and post a video link here of your results. I think you’re bluffing. ; P

someone tell me the files and i’ll gladly do it. (video promotion included)

animation is fine to you, but i want an optional

and i repeat

OPTIONAL change for animation. make it a gem store or an menu option. or tell me the game files so i can switch it.

animation might be fine to you but i don’t like it.

sorry but shooting a “piercing sniper from my hip” isn’t very appealing.
you might like this
http://download.gamezone.com/uploads/image/data/1111267/Bigkitten.jpg

but i dont.

what shotgun has that range. or only shoots 1 shot that pierces.

(edited by arenta.2953)

An Old Request

in Engineer

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

I prefer the dev time be invested in bug fixes and ES then changing a cool animation to some optional alternative for a very small minority.

An Old Request

in Engineer

arenta.2953

I prefer the dev time be invested in bug fixes and ES then changing a cool animation to some optional alternative for a very small minority.

small minority…you mean the majority that over time has left in the years Devs ignored this?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/Rifle-Animations
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/Engineer-and-rifle-Can-we-be-cooler
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/Rifle-animations-moves-disapointing-and-lacking

just type it in google. hundreds of them
https://www.google.com/search?q=guild+wars+2+rifle+engineer+animation+site:forum-en.guildwars2.com&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS651US651&espv=2&sa=X&ved=0CDYQrQIoBDAAahUKEwjS-53qjNXHAhVM7YAKHanqDXM&biw=1920&bih=955

so many people asked

and because nothing happened

they left
and engineer got forgotten. over.
and over
and over.

sucks huh

(edited by arenta.2953)

An Old Request

in Engineer

Posted by: Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

I would actually welcome that change. Especially if it’s going to be anything like firing the Discarded Rifle in Caudacus Manor.

As for wasting developer resources, that’s a void argument. Hobo sacks were perfectly fine yet people kept asking for a rework. And in retrospect they were much preferable to some of the skins we got now (Bomb Kit, Grenade Kit, Med Kit to name the most obvious).

And yes this is my own personal opinion. So no need to get all upset about it.

An Old Request

in Engineer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

If Anet started implementing animation options, that would open up many many possibilties, which would be awesome. I just don’t see it happening though. :-/

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

An Old Request

in Engineer

dancingmonkey.4902

small minority…you mean the majority that over time has left in the years Devs ignored this?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/Engineer-and-rifle-Can-we-be-cooler
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/Rifle-animations-moves-disapointing-and-lacking

https://www.google.com/search?q=guild+wars+2+rifle+engineer+animation+site:forum-en.guildwars2.com&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS651US651&espv=2&sa=X&ved=0CDYQrQIoBDAAahUKEwjS-53qjNXHAhVM7YAKHanqDXM&biw=1920&bih=955

so many people asked

they left
and over
and over.

sucks huh

Who are the “they” that left?

All of the threads you linked had the same people posting repeatedly in all of them.

The same 10 posters repeatedly posting on the same topic in various threads is not hundreds od posters complaining. It is a very vocal minority.

An Old Request

in Engineer

arenta.2953

so many people asked

they left
and over
and over.

sucks huh

Who are the “they” that left?

All of the threads you linked had the same people posting repeatedly in all of them.

The same 10 posters repeatedly posting on the same topic in various threads is not hundreds od posters complaining. It is a very vocal minority.

read the threads

yes its the same people posting IN the threads, but thats because they are arguing in that thread

but posting in different threads, there isn’t much repeat. the odd return here and there.
but for the most part, its new accounts over and over.

and no. vocal minority?
what makes you think we’re the vocal minority and you aren’t?

how do you know your the majority.

specially when you consider how many people have left engi for warrior for the rifle animation. even if engi has the more fun skills. at least warrior doesnt look like you jerking off.

how many more people would play engineer if it actually AIMED its rifle 1 skill.

(edited by arenta.2953)

An Old Request

in Engineer

arenta.2953

give engineers that OPTION (so they can choose the animation)
and you’d get alot of ex rifle warrior
as well as alot of theifs who were hoping for a sniper elite profession.
and even rangers who were hoping for a rifle.

the “minority” you speak of is divided in multiple classes. so is it a minority?

or is it the majority.
looking at the number of people who wanted a sniper class (as thief elite profession). i’d say we have alot more people than you think.

An Old Request

in Engineer

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

If you want to play a sniper, play Killshot Warrior.. what’s the difference?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

An Old Request

in Engineer

dancingmonkey.4902

the “minority” you speak of is divided in multiple classes. so is it a minority?

or is it the majority.
looking at the number of people who wanted a sniper class (as thief elite profession). i’d say we have alot more people than you think.

If you actually believe a single weapon skill animation will bring players over from plating warrior and thief, then I feel your not realistically aware of what they are asking for.

I will take my dev time devoted to functionality and game play, any day of the week, over having it wasted on adding a single “optional” animation change.

An Old Request

in Engineer

arenta.2953

If you want to play a sniper, play Killshot Warrior.. what’s the difference?

difference is engineer’s theme with turrets, grenades, bombs, and mortars. added to the RIFLE

while warrior’s theme is mostly static banners, signets, and a few melee fighting moves. the rifle stands out and overall the theme is bland compared to the utility and adaptability of the engineer

the playstyles and themes differ, as do the appearences and stats of the armor.

warrior isn’t a sniper, its essentially a melee soldier with a rifle.

-
-
-
and keep in mind as i keep saying OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

this would be an optional change.
aka if you don’t want it. you don’t need to worry. its just an animation change for those who want it.

An Old Request

in Engineer

arenta.2953

or is it the majority.

If you actually believe a single weapon skill animation will bring players over from plating warrior and thief, then I feel your not realistically aware of what they are asking for.

I will take my dev time devoted to functionality and game play, any day of the week, over having it wasted on adding a single “optional” animation change.

you’d be surprised what a simple animation change can do.

and dev time? your assuming this would take a while to impliment.

but heres the thing. its ALREADY IN GAME.

its on the discarded rifle
its on the warrior rifle
its on the engineer mortar (oh yeah, didn’t you notice they changed that from a hip shot to a shoulder aimed?)

this isn’t something that would take much work. its actually very short time wise.

hell they spent the time to change the mortar animation to it. so your assumption devs dont spend time on this is wrong.

specially when you consider theres different dev teams for specific stuff

story dev team, balance dev team, etc. this request is going to a small subclass of dev team.

(edited by arenta.2953)

An Old Request

in Engineer

dancingmonkey.4902

One other reason you cannot have varying “optional” effects for different skills, is because the cast animations of skills are a necessity for skilled players to dodge the right skills. If you go adding optional effects for skills just to suit one poster, you harm the game as a whole.

and dev time? your assuming this would take a while to implement.

And your assuming it won’t. Do you feel your assumptions have more value then everyone else’s?

its on the engineer mortar (oh yeah, didn’t you notice they changed that from a hip shot to a shoulder aimed?)

Yeah, I did. I also feel it was a waste of dev time. Not to mention, there are multiple threads complaining about how they dislike the look, and how it adding to cast time.

(edited by dancingmonkey.4902)

An Old Request

in Engineer

arenta.2953

One other reason you cannot have varying “optional” effects for different skills, is because the cast animations of skills are a necessity for skilled players to dodge the right skills. If you go adding optional effects for skills just to suit one poster, you harm the game as a whole.

and dev time? your assuming this would take a while to implement.

And your assuming it won’t. Do you feel your assumptions have more value then everyone else’s?

i post threads of people who would like this.

and no, rifle hip shot vs sholder shot animation isnt going to screw up someone’s abiltiy to dodge.

why?
cause its the same skill time
same dmg
same animation time

just a different animation.

your argument is invalid because asura rangers have different skill animations for their sword than humans,sylvari,norn, and charr

and asura GS for reaper, and ranger also differs from humans, sylvri, norn, and charr.

all these use different animations for race? how is changing it from hip to shoulder gonna hurt it?

will it make it easier to predict when they use blunderbuss cause they not aiming with their shoulder?
yes.

but thats the option of the user. not the enemy.

FOR THE LAST kitten TIME. ITS kitten OPTIONAL. ITS NOT GOING TO MAKE A CHANGE TO ALL ENGINEERS. ONLY THOSE WHO WANT THIS. sheesh

An Old Request

in Engineer

arenta.2953

Yeah, I did. I also feel it was a waste of dev time. Not to mention, there are multiple threads complaining about how they dislike the look, and how it adding to cast time.

you feel like it was a waste

devs dont’ agree. cause they did it.

and sholder to hip doesn’t affect cast time. cast time is seperate. its called animation loop speed.

shoulder an hip fire can use the same loop speed (as a result stuff like quickness and frost can affect the loop speed)

the change to mortar cast speed wasn’t the animation change. it was the loop speed change.

i guess you don’t know how animation works…

An Old Request

in Engineer

dancingmonkey.4902

And you think skills need an optional animation just for you.

Devs don’t agree.

An Old Request

in Engineer

arenta.2953

And you think skills need an optional animation just for you.

Devs don’t agree.

just for me? have you seen the threads i liked

no i guess you ignored them.

how about the few people who said they’d like it in this thread

no u ignored them as well.

your wasting time. plz leave unless your going to be serious.

reason i posted this thread was the Devs told me to see if there was still support for the idea. they are considering it. but you derailing it isn’t needed.

also wasting time? how about all the maps that were made and never put in

your blind

An Old Request

in Engineer

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

difference is engineer’s theme with turrets, grenades, bombs, and mortars. added to the RIFLE

So a sniper is supposed to use turrets, grenades, bombs, mortars… That’s like Sniper + Engineer + Demoman + ~Soldier (Mortar is almost a Rocket Launcher)…
If you want to play a sniper as killing enemies from range with a Rifle, Warrior is a hundred times better than engi. Engi is nothing Sniper-like.. Quaggan, 3 of your Rifle skills are short-range and #2 is misses “every time” when used at a longer range…

Just check this thread out: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Axe-skill-1/page/6#post5360460
It’s ugly. Ugly as hell, Anet still not changing it BACK! Not even new animation is needed.. Well, GL to your “Old Request”.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

An Old Request

in Engineer

Posted by: Moderator.3204

Moderator.3204

Since the discussion in this thread has derailed and is no longer constructive this thread is now closed.