Anet, can you fix the Supply Crate animation?

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Q:

Sooooo many times I see the crate animation fire… the supplies dropping, only to think I’m gonna be ok because the crate activated, and then I apparently got interrupted during cast so the crate didn’t really drop. I’ve lost fights because the visual cue occurs and tricks me, especially in situations where I drop it slightly behind me and expect it to be there when I acid bomb a reverse. Can’t we have the crate animation fire later?

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in Engineer

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

A:

Post this in the SPvP forum if you want it fixed.

in Engineer

Posted by: nakoda.4213

nakoda.4213

+1

edit: and i am so glad you brought this up, i was too kitten to say anything because i thought it was just me not being patient enough to wait for the animation to complete before doing something else.

Boundaries are for the effortless.
Benn E Violence :: 0/20/30/20/0
You kittens don’t even know what the prefix “meta” means.

(edited by nakoda.4213)

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

this is very annoying I agree.
I suppose I be seeing alot more of this bug now if we cant drop supply crate while under S.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in Engineer

Posted by: Raijinn.9065

Raijinn.9065

This is by far the most annoying thing on the engineer for me. Absolutely terrible and I cannot imagine how many times it has gotten me killed,or left me unable to save someone. It’s almost like they changed the cast to a channel and if you press any other button too fast it interrupts the cast, what it’s been seeming like to me

in Engineer

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

It’s definitely something annoying that’s left me to scratch my head for a moment many times.

I’ve made it a habit to actually look at my elite slot now, to see if it’s actually on cooldown if I’ve been stunned etc anywhere near the time I’m casting.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

in Engineer

Posted by: CriSPeH.8512

CriSPeH.8512

+1
Lag makes this much much much much much much much worse.

in Engineer

Posted by: Jericho.4521

Jericho.4521

+1
It would be nice to know for sure that you get that supply crate off when you absolutely need it, or react as fast as possible just in case you got interrupted.

in Engineer

Posted by: Pannonica.5378

Pannonica.5378

+1
but I don’t expect anything being done about it anytime soon.

Pannonica
Red Guard

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

+2

I keep fighting thinking my supplies dropped, but by the time I noticed they didnt actually drop its too late

in Engineer

Posted by: Kamahl.3621

Kamahl.3621

-1, else the crate will end up having no animation whatsoever, it’s timed so that you see a crate falling from the sky while you cast it, and it impacts the moment it is done.

Even though it would be elite, can you imagine how much more annoying supply crate would be if there was no pre-cast animation that would help a player avoid the stun?

in Engineer

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

+3 . . . just need to be careful what you ask for as the easiest way to do this is simply delay the start of the crate animation and in doing so delay the time it starts working.

Instead of asking for an animation change you could ask for a shorter cast time and have the existing animation start once the cast is finished.
Pros:

• Removes the misleading visual cue for the caster (the animation only runs when the cast is successful)
  • Animation warning of the impending stun is the same
  • Less time spent casting the Elite
  • Far easier for ANet to program = more likely to happen

Cons:

• Later arrival of the crate (cast time + animation time) (ANet may accept this as offsetting the shorter cast time)

Also, suggest you repost this thread in the SPvP forum as bugs like this actually get ANet attention there.

in Engineer

Chaba.5410

Put a giant red drop target down then or something to change the visual warning cue of impending stun. Something other than the visual of a package landing that then magically disappears.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

in Engineer

Posted by: CriSPeH.8512

CriSPeH.8512

^+1
The visual queue for the Enemy should be nothing more than a big red ring on the ground like everyother GTAoE.

The animation of the Supply Crate(or any skill) should not display unless the skill actually deploys.

This is a bug not a balance issue.
Just like the Elixir S camera bug.
Meaning we will just have to live with it.
Anet has more important nerfs to think about.

This is a bug not a balance issue

in Engineer

Posted by: nakoda.4213

nakoda.4213

each turret should drop down like a missile and imbed in the ground, and when the casings blow off, bandages go flying while the turrets deploy, creating a cascade of contraptionated cavalry to confuddle the crooks on the opposing team.

Boundaries are for the effortless.
Benn E Violence :: 0/20/30/20/0
You kittens don’t even know what the prefix “meta” means.

in Engineer

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

I second this. It doesn’t make sense for it to do the animation and not actually put the elite down.

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

+111

I’ve had the opposite problem before though, funnily enough. I see the crate animation drop from an enemy engineer, but it got interrupted somehow. However, I saw the crate coming down and dodged around, so it actually worked as a feint XD

Still, could use some tidying up.

in Engineer

Chaba.5410

Chaba Tangnu