Anet ruined engineers

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

It’s true.

Engineer has always been a class with on demand skills. Need a light field, water, fire.. no problem. But as a whole your build was still defined by your weapon.

Flamethrower had a build, EG had a build, and if you saw an engineer using pistols, it meant something.

Now none of that means anything. The class has lost all of it’s identity and become ele light. Engis now just cycle through all their highest dps skills, and start over. Rotations, rotations, rotations, with no identity.

Spec for flamethrower? Fine. 90% of the time you’ll use your rifle. Spec for pistols? Sorry, you can’t. Rotate through your conditions and do something else.

No identity, no specialization, and no fun.

The class, as-it-is, is just freaking bland.

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: Vermillion.4061

Vermillion.4061

The new patch destroyed build diversity.

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: Bloodgruve.6038

Bloodgruve.6038

I really don’t like the new trait system. WoW did this same thing back at the height of it’s game and a few years later it’s lost half its subs, not blaming that totally on the changes but it’s playing a part. Don’t fix what’s not broken.

“Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance”

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

It’s true.

Engineer has always been a class with on demand skills. Need a light field, water, fire.. no problem. But as a whole your build was still defined by your weapon.

Flamethrower had a build, EG had a build, and if you saw an engineer using pistols, it meant something.

Now none of that means anything. The class has lost all of it’s identity and become ele light. Engis now just cycle through all their highest dps skills, and start over. Rotations, rotations, rotations, with no identity.

Spec for flamethrower? Fine. 90% of the time you’ll use your rifle. Spec for pistols? Sorry, you can’t. Rotate through your conditions and do something else.

No identity, no specialization, and no fun.

The class, as-it-is, is just freaking bland.

There wasnt viable builds like that in past its just in your imagination. You just learn to play into point where you start understand what is most efficient and trust me that patch didnt change it. Opposite is true much more stuff is viable now.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: Arobain.8274

Arobain.8274

bland you say, ok have a good day, i’ll have fun with the 3 builds i created that i find very fun, ta ta

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: Gern.2978

Gern.2978

Engineer has always been about using rotations to maximize DPS, as every other class does to one degree or another. The fact that you did not know this before doesn’t make it less true.

Hi, my name is Gern, and I’m an altoholic….

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: MattyP.6954

MattyP.6954

I feel much more free to experiment with builds now, seeing as I don’t have to do random errands or dump gold to get traits anymore.

Right now I’m playing around with a Dire/Rabid, P/P, Flamethrower, Gadgets (Firearms, Inventions, Tools) build that is a whole lot of fun in the Silverwastes, and I probably wouldn’t have tried something so gimmicky pre-patch. (http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=VZ;4cPVv026JRFx0;9;4jkm;0236157138;4Ow;4jxqQjxqQl-kicA;6f1A4f6A9fBf0-WWk7ec — I use AED, but that skill doesn’t seem to be on this site)

Server — Fort Aspenwood
Mains — Mathias of the Wood [Ranger]; Collaborator Bluatt [Engineer]
Alts — Necromancer, Warrior, Elementalist

(edited by MattyP.6954)

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I’d love to hear examples of these builds that didn’t benefit from rotating through your best options. I think the old HGH is the only build that didn’t have you wanting to rotate through multiple kits. Now you rotate EG in with whatever you were doing because ELIXIR gun’s skills count as Elixirs.

I actually feel like my options have opened just as MattyP said. Right now I’ve been playing a condi build in PVE finding it nearly as effective as power in a practical sense (a good bit behind on paper, but I find it more consistent and easier to pull off as well as different niche benefits).

(edited by Jerus.4350)

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

Engis now just cycle through all their highest dps skills, and start over. Rotations, rotations, rotations, with no identity.

This is how engineer has always been played. It has always been about rotating between your hardest hitting skills, which is why elixir and gadget builds have always underperformed compared to kit-centric builds.

I will say though that HGH and Static Discharge are a lot stronger than they were pre-patch, even if they don’t compare to bombs and grenades in sustained damage pressure. SD has always been about burst, and Kinetic Battery empowers that even further.

And there has never, ever been a time where sitting in the Flamethrower or Elixir Gun was an optimal play style in competitive modes. Even when it originally had stability the first go-around at the game’s launch, the movement speed reduction made it a situational swap-to kit for stomps or whatever.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

(edited by Phineas Poe.3018)

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

Engis now just cycle through all their highest dps skills, and start over. Rotations, rotations, rotations, with no identity.

This is how engineer has always been played. It has always been about rotating between your hardest hitting skills, which is why elixir and gadget builds have always underperformed compared to kit-centric builds.

I will say though that HGH and Static Discharge are a lot stronger than they were pre-patch, even if they don’t compare to bombs and grenades in sustained damage pressure. SD has always been about burst, and Kinetic Battery empowers that even further.

And there has never, ever been a time where sitting in the Flamethrower or Elixir Gun was an optimal play style in competitive modes. Even when it originally had stability the first go-around at the game’s launch, the movement speed reduction made it a situational swap-to kit for stomps or whatever.

In my opinion a full elixir Build with rifle and mortar ( celestial) now can be really really strong. Elixir S, 6 second stealth every 32 seconds , stab every 3 second ,elixir U for quickness and projectile detroyer work great. You need nades at least or bomb instead when you play with pistol pistol … but with rifle you can go full elixir now , with mortar and have a lot of success

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

I agree. I think build diversity is greater than it was pre-patch. We’ll always have that one meta build—because that’s really all “the meta” has room for at the end of the day—but I think Carrion Bombs, HGH, Static Discharge, and FT/EG have all gotten elevated.

In a structured, in-it-to-win-it team you’ll probably still want to run Marauder with the Grenade Kit, but if you’re just looking to have a good time in PvP and WvW, I don’t feel we’ve ever had more options.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

PierPiero.9142

i am not so sure that maradeur is the way . In my opinion celestial remain better for 2 reason : more toughness and more healing power

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I think they did great things for the engineer, as well as at least doubling the build options, expanding diversity.

As I see it, the problem as of now, is that the bugs are limiting the profession greatly.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

i am not so sure that maradeur is the way . In my opinion celestial remain better for 2 reason : more toughness and more healing power

Without Incendiary Powder the additional condition damage from Celestial doesn’t compare to just running Marauder fully geared for power.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

PierPiero.9142

true, infact i don’t take granadeer but i take fire arms. I don’t think now explosive so important. I prefer to play with firearms invention and (alchemy or tool) … but it is a matter of taste. With maradeur you are way too squishy ….

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

true, infact i don’t take granadeer but i take fire arms. I don’t think now explosive so important. I prefer to play with firearms invention and (alchemy or tool) … but it is a matter of taste. With maradeur you are way too squishy ….

I’m running a variant of Chaith’s build (or at least one he posted last week) that uses Mortar Kit over Elixir X: http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-Z70;2cPVg0l6cQ-x0;9;4ilm;0036146236;9;1CoF2CoF2a0e

Marauder is squishy, but the trade off is that your Pry Bars crit for like 5K and two double Orbital Strikes can measure up to 9-10K unblockable 360 radius damage coinciding with a ton of healing. If you need to escape, save Kinetic Battery for Toss Elixir S instead. If you double-up the stealth, 12 seconds with Kit Refinement’s Super Speed off Tool Kit is a perfect disengage.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

It’s funny how things have flipped over. We used to say, fix Firearms now it’s going to be, fix explosives.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: Dreamwolf.7423

Dreamwolf.7423

Here is my thoughts/opinions: Anet is going to nerf Engineers into the ground until they finally remove them from the game.

I used to love my engineer, wasn’t my main, but I enjoyed playing it when the mood struck me. I ran turrets. Yes, I know, (insert rant against turrets here), but that was MY play style. I don’t like kits, elixirs, and all the other things that take my weapon skills away. With this last patch I can no longer “play the way I want to play”. Why bother giving Engineers weapons when they do NOTHING??? It feels to me that all engineers are being forced to use kit/bundle skills as opposed to weapon skills.

If they don’t want Engineers using weapons, remove weapons, why even give them a choice? Now we have an upcoming expansion and a potential new weapon. Really? WHAT’S THE POINT? Most engineers are spamming grenades, flamethrower or mortar kit now anyway so it’s just another weapon that won’t be used.

But, hey, I’m a minority in the Engineer world. Still, this is how I feel, in an abridged version.

R.I.P. Engineer

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: RubberDougie.2750

RubberDougie.2750

Here is my thoughts/opinions: Anet is going to nerf Engineers into the ground until they finally remove them from the game.

I used to love my engineer, wasn’t my main, but I enjoyed playing it when the mood struck me. I ran turrets. Yes, I know, (insert rant against turrets here), but that was MY play style. I don’t like kits, elixirs, and all the other things that take my weapon skills away. With this last patch I can no longer “play the way I want to play”. Why bother giving Engineers weapons when they do NOTHING??? It feels to me that all engineers are being forced to use kit/bundle skills as opposed to weapon skills.

If they don’t want Engineers using weapons, remove weapons, why even give them a choice? Now we have an upcoming expansion and a potential new weapon. Really? WHAT’S THE POINT? Most engineers are spamming grenades, flamethrower or mortar kit now anyway so it’s just another weapon that won’t be used.

But, hey, I’m a minority in the Engineer world. Still, this is how I feel, in an abridged version.

R.I.P. Engineer

I try to use Rifle 3 and 5 whenever they are up. Sometimes 4, too, when I want to KB something or for a bit of burst after using 3 and 5. <_<. I’m not sure how pistol is nowadays to be honest. I haven’t touched it in 2 years.

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

It’s funny how things have flipped over. We used to say, fix Firearms now it’s going to be, fix explosives.

we asked for explosives to not be dominated by grenadier for years…

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

PierPiero.9142

I’m running a variant of Chaith’s build (or at least one he posted last week) that uses Mortar Kit over Elixir X: http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-Z70;2cPVg0l6cQ-x0;9;4ilm;0036146236;9;1CoF2CoF2a0e

Marauder is squishy, but the trade off is that your Pry Bars crit for like 5K and two double Orbital Strikes can measure up to 9-10K unblockable 360 radius damage coinciding with a ton of healing. If you need to escape, save Kinetic Battery for Toss Elixir S instead. If you double-up the stealth, 12 seconds with Kit Refinement’s Super Speed off Tool Kit is a perfect disengage.

It is another subject, i konw , but for me Kinetic Battery is too situational . I don’t know when it triggers and i have only 8 seconds to use it … in my opinion perma vigor is better in that line . Even if i can imagine that 12 seconds of stealth is really great
Would not it better to take firearms rather then explosive ? Perhaps no becouse you have no condi damage… so IP is not that strong

(edited by PierPiero.9142)

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

Jerus.4350

One of my big problems is how we can lose unused traits when they just happen to have bad timing on popping up. Get Kinetic Battery in a situation I either don’t have or don’t want to use toolbelt skills, welp, when I want it I won’t be able to now.

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

I don’t like kits, elixirs, and all the other things that take my weapon skills away.

You really can’t complain that ArenaNet is limiting your options when you’re really just limiting yourself.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: Dentrius.1274

Dentrius.1274

I don’t think we got “ruined” just our best pre-patch cele spec got eclipsed by cele eles and we have to go either with a glass canon for team fights only or a bunker lockdown for home and team fights. The problem is that other proffesions can fullfil these roles easier. Guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: lorddarkflare.9186

lorddarkflare.9186

This is a joke right? Grenade dominance is still pretty absurd and I want it gone.

That aside, the number of good builds has sharply increased.

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

Dreamwolf.7423

I don’t like kits, elixirs, and all the other things that take my weapon skills away.

You really can’t complain that ArenaNet is limiting your options when you’re really just limiting yourself.

I’m not limiting myself, I’m playing the way I want to play, which is how the game was advertised, which was the main draw for me. Now, unless I spam grenades or bombs or elixirs or flamethrower, I can’t play my engineer because I get destroyed by the OP kit/bundle set. I don’t see how playing with options that were made available is limiting myself. I’m supposed to be able to PLAY HOW I WANT, not how Anet dictates it.

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

I’m not limiting myself, I’m playing the way I want to play, which is how the game was advertised, which was the main draw for me. Now, unless I spam grenades or bombs or elixirs or flamethrower, I can’t play my engineer because I get destroyed by the OP kit/bundle set. I don’t see how playing with options that were made available is limiting myself. I’m supposed to be able to PLAY HOW I WANT, not how Anet dictates it.

might i suggest you try a lb/gs ranger? engi just isnt any good at spamming 1 with a ranged weapon. it seems that thats how you wanna play it and youre complaining that youre being outplayed by people who are into using the other things available to engi.

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

PierPiero.9142

for pve you can play as you want …. even only with toolkit smashing mobs ( i do it for fun quite often with elixir U ) …. for pvp there are quite many viable builds now. As a casual player there are many builds viable ( sd, hgh condi or cele, power (maradeur,cele),ft ) but at an higher level, as for any other profession the top builds that fit a specific rule are not too many. But for a casual pvp player there are really many builds to play now with engi and for me it is a great plus .

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: lorddarkflare.9186

lorddarkflare.9186

This is a unreasonable position. The class is built around using kits.

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

I’m supposed to be able to PLAY HOW I WANT, not how Anet dictates it.

So in your view, a low-skill build like turrets should be just as effective as a higher-skill build like juggling kits?

That really sounds like an undefendable position to me.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: Nilix.2170

Nilix.2170

The new patch destroyed build diversity.

What?

Mortar Shot is STILL nerfed by 28%
Purity of Purpose

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

I’m supposed to be able to PLAY HOW I WANT, not how Anet dictates it.

So in your view, a low-skill build like turrets should be just as effective as a higher-skill build like juggling kits?

That really sounds like an undefendable position to me.

To the entire thread: Engineers are in a great place right now.

To this quote: All builds should be viable. Turrets aren’t even remotely viable right now given how easily they are destroyed. They need to be able to take buffs like other minions.

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

Dreamwolf.7423

Let me clarify, I use p/s on my Engineer. I do NOT spam the 1 key on any class. I HAVE attempted to use all the other options on my Engineer. I’m a casual PvPer, so my skill level in PvP is not “high”. If Engineer is a class built around using kits exclusively, then they should have no weapons available (one of my original arguments). I realize there are many builds available, I’ve tried quite a few. As I mentioned before, Engineer is NOT MY MAIN. I used to be able to hold my own in PvP with my Engineer, now I’m just a cheap rug being ran over repeatedly. Even using kits and all the things that I’ve been FORCED to switch too.

I liked my turrets, I miss my turrets, I want my turrets back.

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

To this quote: All builds should be viable. Turrets aren’t even remotely viable right now given how easily they are destroyed. They need to be able to take buffs like other minions.

Pet AI builds will always be inferior to more active builds.

Always.

And no, they shouldn’t be viable either. Maybe in PvE, but never in PvP.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

I don’t think it’s even debatable that the number/diversity of builds has dropped. It’s just mathematics, pure and simple.

However, that’s not to say that numerous fun and viable builds aren’t possible – they are. But the reduction in choices and the narrowing of play style is a fact. I used to make minor tweaks if I was solo roaming and flipping camps or manning a ram at a keep wall, etc. Now I never change a trait selection unless it gets nerfed.

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

Stark.1350

Always.

That’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it, but it’s not fact.

And they’re not viable in PvE either, AGAIN, given how easily they are destroyed.

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

It is, actually, given how ArenaNet handled both spirit rangers and turret engineers when they dominated in PvP.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: Mork vom Ork.2598

Mork vom Ork.2598

The only thing that Anet really destroyed is the skill queue.
Especially toolbelt skills with a cast time are a nightmare to get off.
My engi is so clunky now…

Still loving the smell of Napalm
Bill Kilgore – [BIER] – Seafarer’s Rest random Megaserver

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

Stark.1350

It is, actually, given how ArenaNet handled both spirit rangers and turret engineers when they dominated in PvP.

Yeah? Then explain minionmancer necros, tiger. Who are very viable right now.

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: Nilix.2170

Nilix.2170

Well, a lot of things have changed and turrets have only gotten a single nerf. I WILL admit that the nerf is pretty ridiculous in the face of current overachieving condi meta, so I feel you on this one. (Even World Bosses had their life totals doubled to balance it back out a little, come on ArenaNet) But as far as Engineer skills go, it’s really all about the tools you get and how you abuse them past their limits.

Anyone on this board can spout crap about why X SKILL IS MEANT TO BE USED FOR Y PURPOSE but the truth is that no one actually knows how to use Engineer, not even ArenaNet, and we’re all just making it up as we go along. Even the really good players. There’s just a lot of really good utility that you can put together to be useful but you have to be really competent at what you’re using it for.

In any case, don’t think that all these changes can come up and you can just play the way you did before. Especially not with turrets being able to melt just as fast as anything else to condi as it currently works.

they shouldn’t be viable either. Maybe in PvE, but never in PvP.

I have a serious issue with this thought though. Rangers have good use for pets. Mesmers use Illusions to great effect and dominate with them. It’s not the AI that’s a problem. It’s everything about how Engineers + Full turret play functions.

• one weapon set if you’re going “Full Turret” and not taking kits
  • Can’t use Toolbelt skills without removing your turret from the field so you’re limited to only…
  • Five weapon skills and some overcharges when they come off CD.
  • Turrets are also immobile and so you stay within their range to make them effective.

All this put together makes you immobile and passive not as a player but by build design. As protective as it is, it’s also very debilitating when you have your turrets wiped and placed on CD. The immobility is also very inconvenient in PvE since you’re almost always traveling distances. There’s all these problems with it and they have a history of getting all these assorted buffs that don’t address that issue. So when they’re finally seen as “good”, it’s suddenly no longer worthy of being so BECAUSE of tangentially related issues (all the bullets above = passive gameplay + being = low skill floor = unworthy of being viable) and then we just throw it in the trash again.

Turrets need a rework. It’ll probably make people sad about how they believed turrets would have worked when they first bought the game but that’s just the state of things.

That’s ArenaNet’s opinion. And ArenaNet is often wrong in what they think is fine. Which is why they change things in the first place.

Mortar Shot is STILL nerfed by 28%
Purity of Purpose

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

I’d not go as far as saying that engi got destroyed by the recent patch, but as I’ve pointed out in the other thread, many things didn’t meet the expectations, many build-options don’t exist anymore, once again we have a buglist as long as my roll of toilet-paper, and the few builds that are viable now, don’t even closely resemble the huge versatility that we could pack into pre-patch builds.
Not to mention that we lost many gimmicky traits along the way, that really narrow the choices in builds we currently can make work.

Even tho our condi-builds are still strong for PvP, I don’t see us being as supportive as before anymore when it comes to dungeons/fractals (just look at the pathetic vulnerability-amount we can stack now).
And apart from a very glassy S/D spec, I had little to no success with crafting power-builds in general for PvP. It seems like we lost a great deal of our hybrid-builds, last, but not least because of the cele nerf in general and the altered condi-formulas.
Rampage still can work, but – again – results in very glassy one-trick ponies. It feels way harder now to stall 1v2’s with defensive specs. And with the nerf to bleed in general, it feels like FT is now not only viable, but required for successful condi-builds because of the toolbelt.

This new balancing is odd, and I still need time to adapt.

Anyways, all I can recommend as of now is not to craft ascended gear of any type, since the nerf/bug-fix bat still will strike a couple of times, and not always on places that we can predict now.
As of now, WvW roaming is a dead horse for me, and I will give it time at least until the release of HoT before I start investing gold into my gear again.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

(edited by Arantheal.7396)

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

Jerus.4350

Always.

That’s the unfortunate thing, allowing them to be hit by condi’s killed most of their rare occasions of usefulness in PVE.

I agree that AI builds should be lesser. That said, I don’t think they should even exist on the level of turrets/minions, it should all be more active requiring more from the player. It’s sad to see an entire utility line and all the traits with it go down the bucket because of a heavy handed nerf instead of re-envisioning the design.

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

Yeah? Then explain minionmancer necros, tiger. Who are very viable right now.

MM necros are no where near as strong as what turret engineers and spirit rangers were.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

Jerus.4350

I’d not go as far as saying that engi got destroyed by the recent patch, but as I’ve pointed out in the other thread, many things didn’t meet the expectations, many build-options don’t exist anymore, once again we have a buglist as long as my roll of toilet-paper, and the few builds that are viable now, don’t even closely resemble the huge versatility that we could pack into pre-patch builds.
Not to mention that we lost many gimmicky traits along the way, that really narrow the choices in builds we currently can make work.

Even tho our condi-builds are still strong for PvP, I don’t see us being as supportive as before anymore when it comes to dungeons/fractals (just look at the pathetic vulnerability-amount we can stack now).
And apart from a very glassy S/D spec, I had little to no success with crafting power-builds in general for PvP. It seems like we lost a great deal of our hybrid-builds, last, but not least because of the cele nerf in general and the altered condi-formulas.
Rampage still can work, but – again – results in very glassy one-trick ponies. It feels way harder now to stall 1v2’s with defensive specs. And with the nerf to bleed in general, it feels like FT is now not only viable, but required for successful condi-builds because of the toolbelt.

Anyways, all I can recommend as of now is not to craft ascended gear of any type, since the nerf/bug-fix bat still will strike a couple of times, and not always on places that we can predict now.
As of now, WvW roaming is a dead horse for me, and I will give it time at least until the release of HoT before I start investing gold into my gear again.

2 things

First, totally agree on the vuln duration hit being annoying, that 30% condi duration was a key part of one of our stronger niches in vuln production. That said I do think we gained a lot in Damage and we do have a bit stronger might production, though not enough to take over might completely and still fall to Ele in Damage. But, overall I think we’re still solid in PVE with more options.

Second thing is crafting ascended, honestly, with the ascended swapping, yes I’d recommend being wary and being open or even expect to possibly swap it, but I wouldn’t hold off out of fear, just know you might end up wanting to change it out at the cost of your runes. I just made a Sinister sets, if they nerf burning in a way that I feel my PVE condi build ideas just can’t be justified anymore I’ll just swap it to a second set of Zerk and put it on my thief or even jus thave 2 fully decked out Engi’s

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

2 things

First, totally agree on the vuln duration hit being annoying, that 30% condi duration was a key part of one of our stronger niches in vuln production. That said I do think we gained a lot in Damage and we do have a bit stronger might production, though not enough to take over might completely and still fall to Ele in Damage. But, overall I think we’re still solid in PVE with more options.

Second thing is crafting ascended, honestly, with the ascended swapping, yes I’d recommend being wary and being open or even expect to possibly swap it, but I wouldn’t hold off out of fear, just know you might end up wanting to change it out at the cost of your runes. I just made a Sinister sets, if they nerf burning in a way that I feel my PVE condi build ideas just can’t be justified anymore I’ll just swap it to a second set of Zerk and put it on my thief or even jus thave 2 fully decked out Engi’s

were in kinda a transition period atm… and we have the worst of both worlds in terms of condi duration, especially in pve. steel packed powders vuln duration was nerfed probably with HoT in mind because unshakable wont be a thing any more with the new break bars… so we got a kinda random nerf there AND we have less free condi duration AND unshakable is still a thing. itll prolly get better when HoT comes out, whenever that is.

and lemme tell ya, i have about 5 ascended sets + 1 exotic set across 3 engis and theres nothing quite like that kind of versatility. its really amazing to have so many options, yet i still wish i had a LOT more (mostly in terms of sigil and rune options).

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

Jerus.4350

Totally, on one hand I want a legendary armor set so I can swap stats, on the other hand, without swapping runes it’s kinda pointless. Really wish they’d enable that in some way.

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

Your engi rotation depends on the situation.

Sometimes I damage, other times I am throwing down blinds so the pugs don’t wipe. Other times I’m using the dam med kit on an NPC that we need to keep alive from slow walking assassins that do like no damage but add up if ignored.

What really kills build diversity is gear. Outside of sPvP, gear may just lock you into a play style (at least on your 4th or 5th alt).

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

i have always rotated through skills and kits quickly. it’s important to get off offensive and defensive combos quickly and constantly to maintain pressure while sustaing. I’ve a super fun and effective cele build for pvp atm, Egun and toolkit. loads of combos, loads of mobility, loads of fun. it’s a baller cele build and swags harder than any build ive made post patch.

still loving this class to death and i will stop playing it when i stop playing gw2

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Oh please. If you want to win, you just have to figure out what your opponent does that you need to defend against and figure out how your build can defend against it. You can’t possible win every fight, but there will be fights you will excel at.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Anet ruined engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

The only thing i dont like is, that engi now has less option to skill like before the patch.

Befor the Patch i run a EG/TK/BK Build and i must switch as often as now this hasn`t changed and it is good so. Engi should use all his gadget/elixiers or kits.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]