Another med kit suggestion

in Engineer

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

Replace all thrown bandages with a buffing pylon.

Buffing Pylon: Pulse a boon every second. Radius 360. Duration 12s. 1000 heal every 3 second.
Throw Bandages: 2s regeneration
Throw Stimulant: 2s fury
Throw Accelerant: 3s swiftness
Throw Antidote: 1s resistance

in Engineer

Posted by: David.5974

David.5974

If you mean that pylon can give you resistance. This can be interesting. This can allow engi more viability for example on sloth. But I am not sure if anet will touch med kit. There was much better suggestions then yours, more lore oriented, more balanced for wvw, pvp and pve at the same time and more balanced with other 8 classes too.

They are ignoring med kit.
Look at this dead post for example:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/Med-kit-suggestions-for-viablity/first#post6022597

“Doctor suggest me, to stop play with engi because my fingers are broken.
So.. I start play scrapper. "

in Engineer

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

The problem with this is that it’s been offloaded to the turrets. They are that “pylon”. The change would be applied there.

in Engineer

Posted by: Mnemesis.8257

Mnemesis.8257

Or… y’know, maybe rebuild it as something that actually resembles a kit. kitten , even elixir gun has offensive capabilities. What we need is a reason to bring the kit that also allows it to function thematically.

A few things need to happen here:

1. Med Kit needs an AA weapon (giant syringe?) with animation(s)
  2. Skills 2-5 need to offer offense/support on par with E-Gun.
  3. Med Kit needs to function selfishly baseline, traiting for party support (build diversity).
  4. Medical Dispersion Field needs to be adjusted to uniquely improve Med Kit functions (per #3).

Kits have always been considered the pinnacle of Engineer utility, which leaves me wondering why it has been so kittening hard for the Devs/Balance teams to get this one right. Every Engineer in their right mind would pick ANY other form of healing above Med Kit in its current state.

in Engineer

Posted by: DirtyMonk.9240

DirtyMonk.9240

Or… y’know, maybe rebuild it as something that actually resembles a kit. kitten , even elixir gun has offensive capabilities. What we need is a reason to bring the kit that also allows it to function thematically.

A few things need to happen here:

1. Med Kit needs an AA weapon (giant syringe?) with animation(s)
  2. Skills 2-5 need to offer offense/support on par with E-Gun.
  3. Med Kit needs to function selfishly baseline, traiting for party support (build diversity).
  4. Medical Dispersion Field needs to be adjusted to uniquely improve Med Kit functions (per #3).

Kits have always been considered the pinnacle of Engineer utility, which leaves me wondering why it has been so kittening hard for the Devs/Balance teams to get this one right. Every Engineer in their right mind would pick ANY other form of healing above Med Kit in its current state.

Agree, the best option would be to make a med kit with offensive, control and clean skills. Just leave F1 heal skill. Other fully rework.

in Engineer

Posted by: Chrury.4627

Chrury.4627

My first thought was is there precedent of a heal skill that damages enemies? And there is 4-5 untraited skills and a few traits and runes that trigger damage on heal skill. So that’s not an issue.

I like some of these ideas. An actual AA that damages would help it as a kit. Maybe the syringe gun idea mentioned could have a non-piercing projectile that either heals allies or damages foes (a bit). Would give an actual reason to target allies or position for one or the other as needed. As it’s still on the heal slot, I’d expect the damage to be lower than the other ranged options but still there. Maybe a high % to be a projectile finisher?

I really like the defibrillator idea in the other thread. It could be a high recharge, decent cast time gadget (so skill 4 or 5). PBAoE Knockback on enemies, instant revive on downed allies, adds 50% health to dead allies. That would at least give the kit a niche.

With the cooldowns and awkwardness of throwing bandages, I just don’t see it getting much play as it is now.

I also agree that the F1 is fine.

in Engineer

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Personally I think just making each of the 2-5 skills work on the group, no picking up, just group abilities, then it’d be pretty solid and worth considering. You’re losing a blast finisher + water field to get these things and I think any Engi knows how valuable those two things are. I mean a simple rotation with HT and say EG you can pump out 7k+ in healing in a couple seconds easily, and/or grab some might stacks or whatever.

I also think adding some low damage or maybe just a longish lasting stack of bleeding to the 1 skill would go a long way.

Anyways, I don’t think the idea behind what we currently have is awful, it’s more that the practicality of using it is non existent, and even then it’s pretty underwhelming.

in Engineer

Posted by: Tiilimon.6094

Tiilimon.6094

The niche of Medkit is that trait.
Health Insurance: 33% Outgoing Heal Effectiveness

This has nice synergy with blasts into Elixir Shell, regen, shooting Super Elixir and swapping to medkit during projectile flight and even with Toss Elixir R for a lot faster revives…but that’s pretty much it.
You can spam blaster and throw swiftness for that guy who always lags behind.. but I think they could come up with something better for at least one skill slot

in Engineer

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

Back when you could thrown them in front of you and just run into your bandages i feel it was actually better than it is now. It always used to be the slow way to heal up but now its even less of a thing that i want to use in the heat of battle.

in Engineer

Tiilimon.6094

The kit is better than ever at this very moment if you utilize it as a better sigil of transference.

I think that’s the problem for most people using it, they’re not built to heal otherwise so the kit seems totally useless when it’s actually the best party healing skill in the game.

It simply doesn’t work for hybrids, at all.
Gotta pump all points into +Healing power and +Outgoing healing or you’re better off with HT/gyro.

in Engineer

Pride.1734

Sorry man but thats just plain Bullkitten.

Sure you can swap to the medkit to get a few hundred more heling out of your elixir gun and mortar impacts. But even if you do that its is by far inferior to the healing turret as a support option. The waterfield and aoe heal which scales pretty well with healing power is far better for support than the medkits little gimmick in every situation.

in Engineer

Tiilimon.6094

You like a panic button which is fine, but I’m talking about a huge benefit at the touch of a button, no cool down, that has great synergy with other healing skills in your kitten nal.

For example:

Soothing Detonation
When you trigger a combo using a blast finisher, allies near the effect are healed.
Healing: 340 (0.2)
Number of Targets: 5
Radius: 240

2k HP + 40% outgoing:
Healing: 1036

Medkit equipped( 73% outgoing):
Healing: 1280

So let’s say you’re dropping Siege Rounds traited OS on an Elixir Shell field with medkit equipped.
The second it hits, that’s gonna be 2×2975 from the blasts, 2×1280 from soothing.

Medkit has increased it by 2758.

Got 4 people in the field? Cool, now medkit has increased it by 11032.

We’re not counting in regens, field HOT and med blasting, but I’m pretty sure you’re starting to understand what I’m trying to say here.

in Engineer

Pride.1734

Ok cool. I won’t take the trouble to check your numbers.

((2520 +0,5*2000)*1,4 ) *4 = 19712
thats just the field without any blasts or regeneration on a far shorter cooldown than what you got.

Now you you got another blast and can fire siege round into your HT and get some soothing detonations anyway. Then you can use your second waterfield and your mortar healing shell to get even more blasts without being so heavily reliant on one cooldown.

2 added waterfields an additional blast, good healing scaling and shot cd is better than any gimmick.

(edited by Pride.1734)

in Engineer

Tiilimon.6094

Yeah, that 11k was the benefit you get from medkit for the orbi blast, not the total outgoing amount healed, which would be around 34k~.

The point of that number juggle was to show that it’s not some small benefit, but A LOT, a whole 1/3 more than without it.

Also, when using medkit it’s more about constantly healing so much with regens/hot/medblaster that you will only use waterfield blasting for huge damage spikes, otherwise you can use all your blasts to stack might and get enough healing from soothing detonations to have everyones hp topped most of the time.

I also used to play a HT mdf cleric, and that works just fine for what it does, but there’s a good reason I changed to MK bd magi and haven’t looked back.

in Engineer

Pride.1734

Ok lets talk sustained healing.
What benefits for your medkit swap? Elixir gun healing elixir and mortar healing shell. And orbital strike. And other toolkit blasts. You could take subpar options like the rocket or bumper turret to get additional blasts but you still cripple yourself wit this setup since the best blasts can’t benefit from your healing gimmick and you don’t have enough waterfields to fully utilize them even if you do use them.

What doesn’t benefit? Kit and weapon skills. Specificly the elixir gun blast and the flamethrower blast. Everything else aside, and only the ability to have enough waterfields to rotate a 6 second cd FT blast in a waterfield is better sustained healing than anything your little medkit gimmick could ever do.

Also "medblaster " lmfao i cant believe you said it.
No seriously if you are doing that please type /dance instead. Chances are the difference won’t be noticed.

Now don’t get me wrong i love the idea of a support engi and having played alot of healing bomb support engi in the past i can see your desire to get something functional going in 2016. But do not cling to a useless gimmick.

in Engineer

Tiilimon.6094

Everything benefits from it except MS and AB for my build, why would anyone with a medkit build have ft btw?

Also, med blaster heals about 1,1-1,5k(depends on the amount of boons) every 1,25 sec(or less with quickness)

It’s quite noticeable, especially when doing WvW healing, as it never hits you and has max targets 5 and it prioritizes people under 100% health so there’s no over healing either.

Keep in mind that I’ll have a HOT field for people to stand in while spamming MB as well as regeneration, which all gain the 33% benefit, resulting in hp/s numbers that are simply impossible to get with HT.

Wish we had dps and hps meters in this game just so we could share results better so engi healing wouldn’t be so kittening cryptic

in Engineer

Pride.1734

wow… ok… you actually use medblaster…. ok this will be my last post in this topic i think you are beyond helping.

Please make an ele take your healing build and use water 1 on staff. Guess what? chances are you have an attack that is much faster, has better range, has a hitbox and heals for about 4 or 5 times than what your little medblaster does. Heck even our healing bombs outclassed this skill bigtime in 2012 while still doing damage! You are beyond delusional if you think you are even close to contributing anything meaningfull to your team if you spend you time using the number one skill on your medkit.

Ok now your other point. You don’t have the waterfields to take advantage of the best blast finishers that the engi has. FT and EG have your best blasts on your shortest cooldowns but you cant use them to their full effectiveness. Heck even the MS has a shorter cd than your mortar strikes. You give up the little extra healing that the medkit trait gives you by having to choose a subpar option when using the medkit even without considering the ammount of healing that the HT itsself pushes out.

To conclude please post your build so i may laugh at you some more.

in Engineer

Tiilimon.6094

Well, water jet range and healing is better for sure, but the radius is only 240, med blaster is a 600 range cone.

If I would try to do the same kind of battle healing with it, I would only reach a small portion of the targets I’m healing right now.
The hp/s might actually be about the same, except that as an ele I wouldn’t have that 33% bonus for my other sources of healing.

I would also lose AOE combat rezz which is worth quite a lot in a pvp setting, stealth, shield, blinds, massive amount of condi>boon conversion…

You seem to be living under the impression that I’m ONLY using med blaster, which is still not the case

You’re also insulting me personally for using a different skill in a MMO game than you, are you feeling mature now?

in Engineer

Posted by: LilBiM.3581

LilBiM.3581

The only thing I would do to Med Kit is to give it Quickness for 3s (20s ICD) on Kit Activation on the Health Assurance Trait.

in Engineer

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

As it is it is rubbish, even with the 33% healing trait.

Copy pasta the old Guardian healing tome abilities, change the healing base numbers, scaling with healing power and cool down timers for balance purposes, done.

pro’s group support/utility with boons and some boonstrip, con’s, long cooldowns on skills 3-4-5, no water fields, you want water fields you take HT or medic gyro.

SKILL 1
Heal Area now Synergistic Healing 7sec cooldown, .75sec ct:-
Heal allies in the target area.
Healing: 700
number of targets: 5
radius: 240
range: 900

SKILL2
Purifying Ribbon now Containment Beam 12 sec cooldown .75sec ct:-
Release a beam of light that bounces to nearby enemies and allies, curing conditions on each ally hit and blinding each foe hit.
blind: 3 sec
conditions removed: 2
number of bounces: 3

SKILL3
Protective Spirit now Protective Grid 35 sec cooldown 1sec ct:-
Grant protection and regeneration to allies in a cone.
Protection: 10 seconds
Regen: 10 seconds

SKILL4
Pacifism now LED incapacitator 35 sec cooldown 2sec ct:-
Pacify foes.
Daze: 2 seconds
Number of Targets: 5
Boons removed: 2
radius: 600

SKILL5
Light of Deliverence now Emergency Threshold Overload 60 sec cooldown 3sec ct:-
Heal all in the area and apply resistance.
Healing: 3000
Number of targets: 5
Radius: 600
resistance: 3 seconds

numbers comparisons

Druid Cosmic Ray vs Synergistic Healing
Cosmic Ray .50sec ct no cooldown, only usable in celestial avatar
Healing: 650
radius: 120
range: 1200

Synergistic Healing .75sec ct 7sec cooldown
Healing: 700
radius: 240

Tempest Water overload vs Emergency Threshold Overload
Overload Water 4sec ct 20sec cooldown
Healing: 3220
radius: 360
regen: 8sec – 1040hps

Emergency threshold overload 3sec ct 60second cooldown
Healing: 3000
radius 600
resistance: 3 seconds

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

(edited by Chorazin.4107)

in Engineer

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

Med kit is far too tedious to use. It’s a great concept, but it just doesn’t measure up well practically.

I am a teef
:)

in Engineer

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

I have spent about 3000 hours using medkit and I have stated this countless of times. Medkit could be fixed with couple of simple suggestions, which do NOT require much coding:

medkit #1 should heal engineer as well and increase healing 33 %- 50 % for engi. Alternative medkit #1 would also do some damage (just like ele water staff #1 or druid staff #1). In it’s current form using medkit #1 is not worth using as engineer is not doing any damage while using it.
medkit #2-5 must all be made significantly faster and reliable, double projectile speed, 1/4 s activation time, remove any aftercast and increase the hit box by about 25 % (now you can often throw medkit #3 in front of you, then it still doesn’t activate if you run over it with swiftness, happened to me hundreds of times).

Complete rework takes much more resources from Arenanet. Medkit is very quirky to use at full effectiveness, arguably the most difficult heal skill in the game. I feel there should be reward for the efford required.

If Arenanet has resources for rework, then medkit #1-5 should be turned into 360 degree pulse around engi skill with about 240-360 radius. The skills should affect both engineer and up to 4 other targets. Probably the healing amount for others must be toned down not to make it too powerful.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]