Anti-Engi Engi :)

in Engineer

Posted by: alofear.9637

alofear.9637

So I just want to say that I love my Asuran Engi and I don’t plan on playing anything else.

Currently I’m trying to build an anti decapper engi. I’m assuming that a condition top heavy build would be a great idea, but any other tips on what I should be running?

in Engineer

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

So I just want to say that I love my Asuran Engi and I don’t plan on playing anything else.

Currently I’m trying to build an anti decapper engi. I’m assuming that a condition top heavy build would be a great idea, but any other tips on what I should be running?

Correct. Engineers can’t deal with conditions.

Are you referring to countering turret bunker engineers, or the old rifle/flamethrower/throw mine engineers?

Either way, you’ll probably want to use runes of Balthazar, probably pistol/pistol, and something like grenades, toolkit, and elixir gun. Grenades aren’t a great engi vs. engi kit but you might need them to take down turrets from range.

You might consider sigil of doom—the poison proc is extremely strong in engineer 1v1s.

I’d suggest a standard 6/2/0/4/2 rabid condi setup.

in Engineer

alofear.9637

thanks for the solid build advice

in Engineer

Posted by: Ameno.6813

Ameno.6813

Are you referring to countering turret bunker engineers, or the old rifle/flamethrower/throw mine engineers?

Either way, you’ll probably want to use runes of Balthazar, probably pistol/pistol, and something like grenades, toolkit, and elixir gun. Grenades aren’t a great engi vs. engi kit but you might need them to take down turrets from range.

You might consider sigil of doom—the poison proc is extremely strong in engineer 1v1s.

Wait, wah? Surely you’re referring to just that particular decap engi build right? I have no problem dealing with conditions on a lot of builds I like to run.

in Engineer

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

Wait, wah? Surely you’re referring to just that particular decap engi build right? I have no problem dealing with conditions on a lot of builds I like to run.

Tell me what will you do if I wait for the healing turret and after you set your healing turret I put a 10 sec burining and 5 stacks of confusion on you.

in Engineer

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

It seems a little ambitious to try and counter a build who’s strong point is flinging you around like a sack of spuds with a class that has stupidly limited amount of Stability. You can’t apply your conditions when you’re perma CC’d.

More power to you, but I believe it will mostly be futile.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in Engineer

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

It seems a little ambitious to try and counter a build who’s strong point is flinging you around like a sack of spuds with a class that has stupidly limited amount of Stability. You can’t apply your conditions when you’re perma CC’d.

Condition engineers are very strong vs. turret or decap engineers. Now you might not want to just waltz onto a point they own, but you could definitely duel them and win, probably quickly enough to be time-effective if defending a point you already own. In general, there are very few builds that should push a defended point solo, you’re right.

Healing turret and toughness on your amulet gives you enough survivability to not die to turrets. Amazing access to poison (pistol 2, eg3, grenade5) counters their healing, especially since their main condi removal is tied to healing turret (so it’s impossible to cleanse poison and then heal.)

Your skills are mostly effective from 400+ units, so you can avoid turret knockbacks for the most part. If it gets bad, or if they supply crate, you can grenade turrets down. Pistol/pistol puts out a lot of damage, especially with the reduced cooldown trait. Throw in a good magnet/prybar every once in a while and some good elixir gun autos and that decap engineer will be down before you know it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Ìm having no problems at all as celestial rifle vs any engi on the entire ladder who plays a turret build. I havent met a single regular decap engie in weeks. Since the AR nerf they’re not really viable vs any comps with some condi pressure.

Condi damage + rifle lockdown + stunnbreak from EG to counter their lockdown = win.

in Engineer

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

I had some fights vs pure turret engis the last days. If the elite is up, they will decap the point in most of the times anginst all classes.
If they play the Nap’s enginner build : https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/Nap-s-Condi-Turreteer-Tpvp-and-1v1-build/first#post4027232, they will not die in 1vs1 even against zerker ele or thief.

in Engineer

alofear.9637

Considering I’ve been playing a knockback-neer since the April update, I hopping I can counter it via range/conditions.

I understand how annoying that build can get, but that is the point of that build.