Antitoxin Spray- Toolbelt skill?

in Engineer

Posted by: Samael.7185

Samael.7185

If toxin turns out to be the next agony (though probably a dumbed-down version) I’m personally hoping the toolbelt skill provides some kind of aoe toxin removal- would at least give the proffession more popularity in new content. Curious to say the least!

Discuss!

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

I think the Antitoxin Spray skill is supposed to give AoE Toxin Removal to begin with. I’m curious what the toolbelt skill will be, though.

in Engineer

Samael.7185

Hmm… The animation is clearly a plasma coloured healing mist/spray, but I’ve heard it’s available to any proffession and only applies the player activating the skill.

From gw2guru.com:

“The other rewards is a new, universal healing skill titled “antitoxin spray,” which heals a player and cures them of poison, torment, confusion, and a new condition titled toxin."

Note- ‘A player’- so I think it only applies the player themself, at least with current information.

in Engineer

Anymras.5729

It has a similar animation to skills like Healing Spray and Regenerating Mist, going by the screenshot, both of which affect nearby players. They might only mention ‘a player,’ but the animation seems to indicate a close-range AoE heal.

in Engineer

Samael.7185

Well, if the skill is indeed a close-range AoE heal (though I haven’t heard anything supporting that theory) that opens up even more interesting options of what it could be :P It also brings up another problem- will toxin be clearable with condition removal? And what secondary effects might it have? I doubt it will be dispellable considering I don’t think it will be usable by proffession and will be more likely to be a pve condition (ala Agony in FoTM), so I hope it will be something that might even help us in areas where we are currently suffering!

(edited by Samael.7185)

in Engineer

Anymras.5729

The only thing supporting the theory that it’s a user-only heal is a minor bit of wording, while the only thing supporting the theory that it’s a close-range AoE heal is the animation.

They might be intending to slip Toxin onto skills, or add new skills to inflict Toxin. The last few patches have been sparse on details, and information from the staff about their plans is rare (and sometimes inaccurate), so they could be planning anything. They do call Toxin a condition in the bit you quoted, which seems to indicate that it would be cleansable with condition cleansers.

As for what Toxin is, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s essentially just a powerful Poison effect, or an AoE condition damaging players around the afflicted (especially if it’s PvE like Agony, as they seem to be trying to make things more difficult for zergs).

in Engineer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

a) hoping the toolbelt ability will be “Throw Antitoxin”

b) I’m actually hoping toxin replaces bleed for many professions’ skills, yet acts similarly. This might help to mitigate the 25 stack cap in dungeons by making a separate condition to track. In mid-sized zergs it’d be a little better, but in large zergs like we see for LS events it wouldn’t amount to much.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Engineer

Posted by: Nightmare.8351

Nightmare.8351

So, I got the new healing skill for everyone. So here is the reference for all of you:

(Yes I know this is about the toolbelt, its below)

Antitoxin Spray – Use antitoxin to heal yourself and nearby allies while also removing toxic pollen, poison, torment, and confusion.

I don’t know the base healing, but with about 190 healing power the heal is 4035, with 519 per condition removed.

And this is the toolbelt:

Packaged Antitoxin – Throw a vial of antitoxin that converts toxic pollen, poison, confusion, and torment into regeneration.
25 second cooldown
1200 range

3 Seconds (base) of regeneration per condition

By the looks of it, it throws a consumable on the ground that acts like the medkit skills.

(edited by Nightmare.8351)

in Engineer

Posted by: zaragoz.6351

zaragoz.6351

The question is will this be replacing elixir h, med-kit, or healing turret on your bar?

Ferguson’s Crossing
Zaragoz[SS] – 80 engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

The question is will this be replacing elixir h, med-kit, or healing turret on your bar?

no lol

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I am curious how this will hurt conditions engineers with every player in the game now being able to cleanse the damage from pistol #2, pistol #3, elixir gun #3, grenade #5, bomb #3, and tool kit #3.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Engineer

Posted by: Eroiqua.5891

Eroiqua.5891

I am curious how this will hurt conditions engineers with every player in the game now being able to cleanse the damage from pistol #2, pistol #3, elixir gun #3, grenade #5, bomb #3, and tool kit #3.

Not only that, but this skill also doubles as the Perplexity nerf.

in Engineer

coglin.1867

I am not so much worried about that, as it is not an innate condition applier to the profession itself. What I am concerned about is how it will effect P/P and P/S and several of our kits.

in Engineer

Posted by: Fast Asleep.8475

Fast Asleep.8475

Not only that, but this skill also doubles as the Perplexity nerf.

Don’t know if you ever fought against perplexity but the healing will have no really impact on the runes as long as they stay without internal cooldown. Any good player will still load you with conditions first and interrupt you after you ve used you condition cleanse or whenever you use long casting skills. So you will just sit on a kitten heal with 1,5 second casting time thats crying for an interupt itself.

Gunnars Hold [Chvc]

in Engineer

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

Anyone notice that the toolbelt skill doesn’t remove the new toxic pollen debuff, despite the tooltip saying it does? I didn’t have much time to properly test it or bug report, but I remember dropping the antitoxin and being unable to use it to remove toxin on two occasions.

Unless I missed an interact, or something…

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

After some testing I must say that skill is sux.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Posted by: Pazu.8320

Pazu.8320

Yeah, the thrown stimulant does not cure toxin as it claims. And I agree, after testing, that this skill is an insanely downgraded version of healing turret. I can only see me using it for Living Story Stuff… and even then I feel like a different party member should take this instead of the engineer.

Paul Lukische (ele), Pazu Plus One (ranger), Oh The Pazubilities (mes) et al – Sanctum of Rall
Champion Titles: Legionnaire, Genius, Magus, Paragon, Illusionist, Phantom, Shadow, Ritualist
Spectral Legion [SL] is recruiting! spectrallegion.com

in Engineer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Not to mention that it doesn’t heal for crap w/o healing power. If I need a condition cleanse, I have Elixir C. If I need a heal, it won’t be this thing.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

I don’t know. I think it’s pretty good.

Poison, torment, and confusion are everywhere in World vs World. For roamers I think this will be a very useful skill to have, especially since its toolbelt skill does not just remove toxic pollen, poison, torment and confusion like the main heal—it converts them into regeneration (3 seconds per).

(Wiki: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Packaged_Antitoxin)

You will then be able to cleanse confusion off you twice every 25-30 seconds; that’s a pretty nice counter to Mesmers in my book. Not that I really have any trouble dealing with them right now, except for the super glass cannon shatterers. I think this pushes Perplexity Bombers a bit back as well, which is probably a much needed fix without an outright nerf to Concussion Bomb, Pry Bar, or Perplexity runes.

So for condition removal, it’s pretty good. Definitely superior to all current options that we have, since Healing Turret is limited to 2 per overcharge, and you can’t choose which ones you remove. And Drop Antidote is just meh overall.

Looking at its actual healing though, it scales by 60% of your Healing Power for a base of 3920 health back. By comparison: Bandage Self heals for 4920 health back; scales by 100% of your Healing Power. Healing Turret heals for 5040 health; scales by 50% of your Healing Power.

While Antitoxin Spray gives 481 health back per condition removed, if you’re simply looking for direct healing, you may want to look elsewhere. Its radius is also smaller than the Healing Turret (360 vs 480).

Do with this information what you will. I think the most impressive addition of this patch is actually the Rune of Antitoxin. I’ll be getting on GW2 tonight solely to get my 250 spore samples and pick that up.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

(edited by Phineas Poe.3018)

in Engineer

coglin.1867

Don’t know if you ever fought against perplexity but the healing will have no really impact on the runes as long as they stay without internal cooldown. Any good player will still load you with conditions first and interrupt you after you ve used you condition cleanse or whenever you use long casting skills. So you will just sit on a kitten heal with 1,5 second casting time thats crying for an interupt itself.

As I see it, any good player will avoid being interrupted.

What truelly amazes me, is that every time someone gets there butt kicked, instead of thinking to themselves, “oh that guys was pretty good”, they go," well shoot, something about that player must be OP, I better log into the forums and cry nerf."

I have repeatedly been accused of using runes of perplexity. I actually simply use nightmare for 100% condition duration. I do run a confusion build using pry bar, concussion bomb, and static shot. With this build I will keep more confusion on you then the average good player with runes of perplexity. If I attacked you on my mesmer or engie with a confusion build, I bet you would accuse me of running runes of perplexity.

in Engineer

Posted by: Fast Asleep.8475

Fast Asleep.8475

Next thing is i never cried about runes of perplexity, kitten, i don’t even care if anyone runs them. WvW is no fair place from the start so there is no difference if you fight one or two enemies regardless of their build or the amount of stacks on them.
The things i was stating are that if you have a good player running perplexity he wont start with all his interupts and just keep them for a point he sees you using skills that he will either be interupted easily or some he doesnt want you to use. The next thing is if said player doesnt burn down his interupts from the start he will normally still attack you. So you might come to the point where you have to cleanse conditions or heal and getting 15s of confusion afterwards just hurts way too much to trade a reasonable heal for the 4-6k of antitoxin spray that even had a 1,5 second casting time at the point i wrote my post (got patched down to 1s now though).

Gunnars Hold [Chvc]

(edited by Moderator)

in Engineer

coglin.1867

If you dislike my opinion on runes of perplexity, then stop making off topic post about them and trying to make this a discussion about runes. I was very specific on the skills I had concerns about when it comes to the effects of the heal, and how it would effect those skills uses.

Even after another poster brought them up, I made a post attempting to draw the conversation away from them, and you went right back off topic to take the conversation right back to the rune set.

(edited by coglin.1867)

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

Coglin, you really need some more experience with what perplexity runes can actually do. There’s no way you can get as much confusion as someone using those with that build you mentioned (or with any build honestly). There’s also no way you’re beating someone running those runes with this heal skill. It really doesn’t matter what you run if they have the slightest idea of what they’re doing.

Don’t take it personal because you have used them or have been accused of using them. This is about the runes, not you.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

(edited by Moderator)