Any Elixir X build ideas?

in Engineer

Posted by: Optics.3289

Optics.3289

I made my first attempt at an Elixir X build a few nights ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEyY_VzcU10

I’m interested to see any other build ideas for the Elixir for comparison.

In mine, the traits stacked together with the boons create, most importantly, huge Might stacks that never really run out. There’re Might gains from the heal, from the weapon sigil and from Elixir X abilities. This means that Elixir X abilities are twice as powerful as normal as you’ll often have 5/6 stacks of Might when you activate it.

There’s also a high amount of CC with the build. As it revolves around Synaptic Overload for getting Quickness to use in both rifle abilities and Elixir X abilities, I’ve incorporated various knockdowns in the build and if you look at the Juggernaut and Tornado abilities there’s also a ton of ways to interupt/knockback.

Tornado may not be as good as Juggernaut but there’s still a wide variety of crowd control involved with the number 1+2 abilities. Generally the build’s good for capturing nodes and group scaled combat, as you can pop Elixir X and just reign havoc over 3+ enemies at the same time, and since you get a big health pool you don’t have to worry about survival too much for those 20 seconds.

It’s useful to prepare yourself before using Elixir X by logically popping all Elixirs in the build so that you have maximum boon potential when you go into one of the forms. 1v1 the build is almost unbeatable when you turn into Juggernaut (as long as you take a bit of time learning the abilities that get you closer to enemies and the abilities that require you to be in close range to enemies) and with Tornado there’s still a large chance of winning. Chances are roughly 80% Juggernaut 20% Tornado anyhow (surely? I tested it and almost every time I got Juggernaut /20 attempts).

With Fast Acting, I’m also pretty sure that this is the shortest cool down Juggernaut activation in the game, so surely it can be utilised.

Please post your builds if you have any ideas for Elixir X combinations. I understand that almost everyone uses Supply Crate- but who’s to say we shouldn’t try and branch out for once

Please check out my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/OpticsTV/videos
I’ve made a lot of popular Engi builds in the past I swear

(edited by Optics.3289)

in Engineer

Posted by: Rodrigo.1486

Rodrigo.1486

A couple of things you are probably aware of but are worthy of note:
1. When you turn into either elite form your power in hugely increased; therefore, if you place a Big-Ole-Bomb and then transform the bomb explodes after the transform and benefits from the power increase.
2. Toss Elixir B gives you a stability. If you use it before overcharged shot you don’t get knocked down
3. You can increase duration of Elixir X either via Elite Supplies or Potent Elixirs (if I remember correctly). If you take into account your high elixir recharge rate you end up with an uptime of 25 seconds on rampage every 84 seconds. That is almost 1/3 uptime on your elite!

My recommendation would be for you to always include bomb kit, and maybe flamethrower (for knockback); use the sequence BoB> netshot>Elixir X for the mega damage; and lastly to change your power shoes to elite supplies for elite uptime (and try to keep swiftness from the toss skills and elixir b). The build looks like fun. I will be trying it later tonight. Have fun.

in Engineer

Posted by: EpicBanHammer.7521

EpicBanHammer.7521

A couple of things you are probably aware of but are worthy of note:
1. When you turn into either elite form your power in hugely increased; therefore, if you place a Big-Ole-Bomb and then transform the bomb explodes after the transform and benefits from the power increase.
2. Toss Elixir B gives you a stability. If you use it before overcharged shot you don’t get knocked down
3. You can increase duration of Elixir X either via Elite Supplies or Potent Elixirs (if I remember correctly). If you take into account your high elixir recharge rate you end up with an uptime of 25 seconds on rampage every 84 seconds. That is almost 1/3 uptime on your elite!

My recommendation would be for you to always include bomb kit, and maybe flamethrower (for knockback); use the sequence BoB> netshot>Elixir X for the mega damage; and lastly to change your power shoes to elite supplies for elite uptime (and try to keep swiftness from the toss skills and elixir b). The build looks like fun. I will be trying it later tonight. Have fun.

It’s Elite Supplies. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Elite_Supplies

in Engineer

Optics.3289

Ahh, I overlooked Elite Supplies at first because 5 seconds didn’t seem a worthy trait, but now that you mention it being combined with Fast Acting it seems more viable.

Are you sure it would be valuable to get this extra duration over an increased combat speed as Juggernaut though? I’m unsure myself

Please check out my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/OpticsTV/videos

in Engineer

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

You noticed synaptic overload has a 20 sec cooldown?

in Engineer

Optics.3289

Ofc which is why I included Elixir U

in Engineer

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

And why do u say multiple times in your vid you’ll gain any time u use CC quickness which is an incredible boost (it would be yes, but cmon, 20sec cd kill this trait.)

in Engineer

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Am i the only one that saw “you’ll often have 5/6 stacks of might” and thought wat?

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Engineer

Optics.3289

Am i the only one that saw “you’ll often have 5/6 stacks of might” and thought wat?

It’s cause of Elixir B with Might gains from Enhance Performance along with Sigil of Strength for passive might gains on crit hits

You can get up to 12 stacks man I swear hahah, it’s surprising

(edited by Optics.3289)

in Engineer

Optics.3289

And why do u say multiple times in your vid you’ll gain any time u use CC quickness which is an incredible boost (it would be yes, but cmon, 20sec cd kill this trait.)

My bad I didn’t mean literally any time, just realised I said it once near the start so apologies for confusion. There’s multiple indications I make to it having a cooldown as well though

20 second cd can be acceptable though, especially since you can gain stability so no time is wasted with Overcharged Shot. Perhaps with I.P the Hip Shots you get from Quickness can be devastating + it’s not like every fight will last a duration shorter than 20 sec

edit: it’s for the Juggernaut Quickness procs that you’ll get from literally every ability knocking enemies back. It adds to the power of the elite which is the purpose of the build essentially