Any build ideas using Rocket boot?

in Engineer

Posted by: Omnimaetus.8019

Omnimaetus.8019

Combining super speed and rocket boots now effectively launches you around 1200 distance effectively making you fastest guy in existence.

Anyone have an idea for a troll build revolving around massive speed and escape?

in Engineer

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

i tried 20/30/0/10/10 with heal turreet, bomb kit, flamethrower kit and RB with rifle and soldier (upgrade is rabid) and udndead runes for total 700 cond dmg. I used it in spvp and tpvp and it was quite good …. good mobility, almost never died cuz RB also nice escape ability combined with mine imobilize and constant swiftnes and vigor. Only time i got pwned at escaping was when op thief used all his closing skill to kill me.

all is vain

in Engineer

Posted by: Sylentir.8913

Sylentir.8913

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQFAUl0p6d38SyF17IxIFcW0hUU47L6h+tsjB-TkAA1EYpwyhlBLJWWsGCcEA is my current build. In case you don’t want to click the link, it’s 0/0/20/30/20, with rifle, medkit, rocket boots, slick shoes, toolkit, and supply drop. It uses any variety of defensive gear (I choose soldier in PvP) and Guardian runes to abuse that 3-second block.

You are extremely mobile, can permaslow targets, and are tanky as kitten. If you need to close distance between you and a target, you’ve got rocket boots, super speed, and magnet. If you need to open distance, you’ve got rocket boots, super speed, and overcharge shot. If you need hard CC, you’ve got plenty: one knockback/knockdown, one AoE knockdown, one pull, and an AoE stun. If you only need soft CC, you have an immobilize, and as many cripples as you could need. You can still deal decent damage, especially with blunderbuss and jump shot to the face.

I especially love this on Spirit Watch, as you can use both super speed and rocket boots with the orb :P It’s impossible to catch an engineer carrier once they start moving.

Talia Gallowglass [Few] ~ Sylvari Engineer Main
Ferguson’s Crossing

in Engineer

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

I’ve been using this in tPvP: http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-V70;2cPkk0u57QFx0;9;4T9-9J46A5;30;025-L;5sV2DsV2D5Be

mobility is godly, the blast finisher from rocket boots works nice with heal turret and tool belt, S is there for stomps and avoiding burst. looks glassy, but played right it can be a nightmare to try and kill.

haven’t dug back into condi builds yet. Too many Necros out there at the moment and getting into a condi battle with one is never a good idea. I have some ideas though, just gonna give it a week or so before I start trying them in practice.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in Engineer

Posted by: Frightlight.3796

Frightlight.3796

I went 30 into explosives for the burning, explosions area increase, and the smoke bomb
20 points into firearms for rifle range and the vulnerability on immobilize
20 into tools for sd and gadget recharge
I currently use bomb kit, rocket boots, slick shoes and crate as for runes i took two vampire for the minor health steal does come in handy some as this build and 4 wurm runes with a power toughness crit and healing neck with a zerker jewel in it very good skirmisher build causes a lot of chaos

in Engineer

Posted by: Devinchi.2756

Devinchi.2756

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-V70;2sPkk0R-oRFx0;9;49T;0T4;018A;412BL;9;24RH

That’s the build I’ve been trying out in PvE and WvW, as I’m not much for sPvP. I’ve had good success with it overall and am having tons of fun with the improvements to gadgets, especially to the rocket boots. With Sitting Duck, Incendiary Powder, and Rocket Kick, I have rather reliable access to 5 conditions on my own to boost rifle damage with Mod Ammo. Add to that Rifle Mod and a fast 20 stacks of vuln with analyze, jump shot, and net shot and you’ll get some absurd crits with jump shot and blunderbuss. With the low cd on the toolbelt skills and a focus on damage, static discharge is a no-brainer. Sometimes I like to toss in slick shoes in place of pbr or utility goggles especially in larger WvW fights. Superspeed+slick shoes+rocket boots =a massive line of knockdown, and gets you some hilarious results if used to either run away or lead a charge through a zerg.

Heavy Charrtillery – lvl 80 Engineer
Sorrow’s Furnace

in Engineer

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

I was running full knights gear with zerker trinkets with knights rifle with a 5% damage increase, citadel runes for fury, healing turret rocket boots slick shoes and bomb kit, traits 20/20/0/10/20 bigger bombs and knock back turrets, swiftness on crits and longer range, vigor on swiftness, gadget recharge and kit refinement, anyway id rocket boot threw my target with slick shoes on then use bob and kit refinement on bomb kit to suck them into bob for a whole lot of kd and kb you deal alot of damage doing this and you can finish them with jumpshot blunderbuss and overcharged shot with the vigor on crit you get a lot of mobility and escaping is a breeze with super speed and rocket boots, you can also use jumpshot to get away if you need to just target it off in a random direction then rocket boots away very very troll build

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in Engineer

Posted by: Tsyras.5274

Tsyras.5274

I replaced Rifle Turret in my SD with it. Gain a useful tool while losing a few secs on one of the TB abilities.

in Engineer

Posted by: Bull Zooker.1672

Bull Zooker.1672

I was using battering ram, toolkit/bombkit and rocket boots last night.
im no expert in building engineers but I had everything I needed with that set up.

when in trouble use the battering ram and rocket boots in opposite direction. 1200+ distance between you.

Grandad Fester / Unruly Pigeon – Necromancer by trade

in Engineer

Posted by: Dedlaw.9130

Dedlaw.9130

I’ve yet to try this, but want to use Bomb kit/Rocket Boots/Slick Shoes with a Rifle.

Jump Shot into a zerg, switch to Bomb kit & activate Slick Shoes, drop your bombs while running around for Slick Shoes to work it’s magic, then once you drop BoB you Super Speed/Rocket Boots out of there pronto. Knockdowns and blowouts for everyone!

Gimmicky one-trick-pony, but could be a nice troll build ^^

Dedlaw – Fresh 80 Zerker Warrior
DODGE!!! – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvS6zMThiZU

in Engineer

Posted by: Jay.3574

Jay.3574

I’ve tried this on both Tpvp and Spvp yesterday with this build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQFAUlIq6d38ynF1LJx4DdGki86XxC+8gtyttA-ToAgyCuI+S9l7LzXyvsfNE4IA
It works great on Spvp but terrible on Tpvp simply buz it lacks the sustain to fight in close range for bombs and rocket kick. Condition damage with rifle is worst than p/s or p/p.

my 2 cents