Any use for Elixir X in PVE?

in Engineer

Posted by: Moonrabbit.1543

Moonrabbit.1543

I run a condition-based elixir build in PVE (mainly dungeons). While there would be efficiencies in using Elixir X (i.e., low CD, might stacks), I do not see any additional benefits other than controlling adds or potential use as an escape tool (if one gets transformed into the brute). Am I missing something? Is there anyone who uses Elixir X in dungeons with some degree of effectiveness?

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

its good if you know when to use it great for dungeons i simply sweep mobs with tornado and keep em in a wall with #2 skill blinding them or #3 if i really need to keep them pinned

i use the brute to control heavy DPS mobs when team has to wipe lots of adds or simply take the aggro and run

sometimes i just use the elixir when i have cooldowns going so i can endure damage much easily while buying time.

in Engineer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

In PvE specifically I like it a lot. The Tornado seems a game-changer against many bosses since they miss ~all their attacks, consistently. Partially makes me wonder why Elementalists never use it.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Engineer

Posted by: Moonrabbit.1543

Moonrabbit.1543

Thanks for the responses!

Carighan, this is particularly the sort of info I am looking for. Supply Crate is a great distraction and mild dps boost but is on a long CD and is “fire and forget.” I would like to think that Elixir X could be of use in an elixir build. However, with grenades I do not need an elite to take out trash. If Elixer X can be used to soak damage or provide support for my group (i.e., CC) that offsets the loss of my personal dps, then it would have value.

in Engineer

Posted by: NickDollahZ.5348

NickDollahZ.5348

I use Elixir X in the Underwater fractal for the tornado or lich form thing. Only time I ever use it. It works pretty well with a few ele or mesmer who whirlpool too.