Any words on Engineer changes?

in Engineer

Posted by: Karast.1927

Karast.1927

Flamethrower is extremely good for the short cool down AoE knock back imo. The 8 sec fire field is also extremely handy.

But I’ve come to see flamethrower more as a support type kit than a dps one since I tend to use it for support.

But that’s just me.

in Engineer

Posted by: nofo.8469

nofo.8469

Flamethrower utility isn’t very good tbh.

Your opinion. I like the FT and since there is almost no reason for them to nerf it in anyway it will only get better with fixes.

My opinion which I backed up with rationale if you bothered quoting the rest of the post.

in Engineer

Posted by: CriSPeH.8512

CriSPeH.8512

Your opinion. I like the FT and since there is almost no reason for them to nerf it in anyway it will only get better with fixes.

My opinion which I backed up with rationale if you bothered quoting the rest of the post.

No you only backed it up with more of your opinion, that applies to your playstyle.
Putting aside the bugs it has the FT is a very usefull and perfectly viable kit.

in Engineer

nofo.8469

No you only backed it up with more of your opinion, that applies to your playstyle.
Putting aside the bugs it has the FT is a very usefull and perfectly viable kit.

Perfectly viable for what exactly?

Soloing monsters in Orr or tagging events? Sure, anything else, not really, useful as utility don’t get me wrong the knockback and blind can come in handy.

But as a main weapon? Its not opinion the flame thrower is sub-par.

in Engineer

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

The engineer is more at home in trenchs then open warfare, Because he is in the back lines using artillery such as morters, rather then upfront damage like the warrior.

Wait, then why is almost everything we do more effective or only effective in close to melee range?
Even the grenadekit, with its traited 1500range, is more effective in melee range because its impossible to actually hit anyone at more then 600range. Its only good for carpetbombing an area and hoping you hit something.

Pistols, far better in melee range. PDV doesnt miss more then half the time and Blowtorch deals upwards to 300% more damage (your two hard hitters).

Rifle is so much melee focussed its not even funny. Blunderbuss has its ideal damage at less then melee range! Max dmg on jump shot, melee range. Most damage on the landing to get you to jump towards your enemy like a gapcloser.

Flamethrower, close range. Can simply not hit anything passed 600 or so range with anything.

Elixirgun, most damage and support at melee range. Fumigate and Acidbomb (especialyl Acid can hit for quite a lot)

Bombkit is melee range.

Toolkit is melee range.

Infact we have no reliable long-range combat options AT ALL. So why would you say we are at home at the back of the line? All we can do there is flail grenades in the enemies general direction and hope we score a hit.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

Hip firing a shotgun or rifle irl is extremely rare and would hardly call it a tactic. It is extremely rare because it is innacurate and will likely hurt you, especially if you do it repeatedly.

Whether or not you think it looks stupid is up to the individual but please for the love of god don’t try to argue realism in favor of hip firing.

I think the shotgun for the engineer is more of an actual blunderbuss. When they were used they were shot from the hip on the larger modles or with an extended arm for the smaller models but they weren’t shot like a rifle because the powder flash would burn your face.

in Engineer

nofo.8469

Hip firing a shotgun or rifle irl is extremely rare and would hardly call it a tactic. It is extremely rare because it is innacurate and will likely hurt you, especially if you do it repeatedly.

Whether or not you think it looks stupid is up to the individual but please for the love of god don’t try to argue realism in favor of hip firing.

I think the shotgun for the engineer is more of an actual blunderbuss. When they were used they were shot from the hip on the larger modles or with an extended arm for the smaller models but they weren’t shot like a rifle because the powder flash would burn your face.

Interesting, hadn’t thought about that. Very good point.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

Interesting, hadn’t thought about that. Very good point.

Ya, I found that out about a month ago from one of those pawn shop shows. Someone brought in a blunderbuss that he thought was a shotgun for a child so the owner called in a gun guru to appraise it.

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1496

coglin.1496

Perfectly viable for what exactly?

Soloing monsters in Orr or tagging events? Sure, anything else, not really, useful as utility don’t get me wrong the knockback and blind can come in handy.

But as a main weapon? Its not opinion the flame thrower is sub-par.

Man, you got issues, if you actually think you can sit here and claim your opinion as fact. FT is extremely viable closer range AoE with versatility. If you do no like it, do not use it. I don’t us it regularly myself, just not my thing. Otherwise your just foolishly attempting to make false claims and spread mis-information in the attempt to get others to sympathize with you and conform to your opinion.

Poor craftsman blame their tools. Poor players blame their Engineer.