Anyone changing their build after the patch?

in Engineer

Posted by: Joshua.9346

Joshua.9346

I do so enjoy watching others theory-craft :o
Elixir S looks like it could be fun.

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

That change will probably not be in tomorrow’s patch.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in Engineer

Posted by: Singer.8740

Singer.8740

I use an HGH nade build so post patch the only change I will be making is losing self-regulating defences for fast acting elixers and swapping elixir c (I zerg in wvw mosty) out for elixir s. (I also often switch to rocket boots when im out in wide open spaces.)

Etheeria (The mad bomber). If you don’t have shellshock your not doing it right.

in Engineer

Posted by: Noss.4105

Noss.4105

I’m gonna try how bomb kit works without Forceful Explosions, so I could take Shrapnel instead of it.
Lately I’ve been leaning more and more on Elixir S over bomb kit to get reliable stomps, as I’m usually fighting outnumbered in WvW. And the upcoming 5 second stealth on Toss Elixir S might just replace bomb kit with Elixir S permanetly for me.
I do love bomb kit, but I’ve lost so many great fights just because I couldn’t get stomps under pressure with smoke bomb.

Oh, granades and rocket boots/elixir gun are my 2 other utilities.

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

I might switch out slick shoes for elixir s now that the toolbelt is more reliable. Having one of the strongest mechanics in this game is too tempting to pass up.

(Im on my settler build with h.turret/r.boots/s.shoes/tool kit)

in Engineer

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

I might switch out slick shoes for elixir s now that the toolbelt is more reliable. Having one of the strongest mechanics in this game is too tempting to pass up.

(Im on my settler build with h.turret/r.boots/s.shoes/tool kit)

Elixir S will grant not only invulnerable but the toolbelt will grant invisibility.

Can’t see me and can’t hurt me if even if you know where I am.

Typically I could only reliably do this with cloaking device before…but now…mother of god the rivers of tears will threaten to down me.

Post Patch: Toss Elixir S + Rocket Boots = thief style disengage

Yeah I think I may be altering my build a smidgen.

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

in Engineer

Penguin.5197

Elixir S will grant not only invulnerable but the toolbelt will grant invisibility.

Can’t see me and can’t hurt me if even if you know where I am.

Typically I could only reliably do this with cloaking device before…but now…mother of god the rivers of tears will threaten to down me.

Post Patch: Toss Elixir S + Rocket Boots = thief style disengage

Yeah I think I may be altering my build a smidgen.

Yup Yup without superspeed I will be shortening my rocket jump distance a bit, but for the ability to misdirect its definitely worth it

in Engineer

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Honestly my build will stay the same. HGH hybrid rifle/nades should still be working fine.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

(edited by TheGuy.3568)

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in Engineer

Posted by: Kontrolle.3514

Kontrolle.3514

Tried hundreds of builds but this is the one i like the most and i use the same utilitys/trinkets for power builds and condition builds.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQJAqel0pqb3zSyF1LJxIFde0hUUY7LSR+1/nCyF-jwBBINBkWAkwAIHqIasl1FRjVVjIqWdDTKAIWDA-e

Im happy about the really needed area increase for bombs. But throw elixir b for stability? what the? A ground target skill with high casttime and travel time?
We need some instant-cast stunbreaker+stability skill, even if its elite.

in Engineer

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

… But throw elixir b for stability? what the? A ground target skill with high casttime and travel time?

Most elixir builds I’ve seen, and the way I play, they are thrown at the feet with a cast of ~1 second.

Serious question – does ANY class have a Stunbreaker and Stabo instacast ability?

Edit – NM Stand Your Ground does (which I should probably know since my only alt is a Shout Guardian.)

Edit to the Edit – actually it looks like Engi, Thief and Ranger are the only classes that don’t have a Stun Break/Stabo ability. The warrior ability is massive.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

(edited by Tyaen.5148)

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

If they ever let Turrets scale to Power, I might change my gearset from Celestial to Cleric’s with some Vitality trinkets or something.

Until then, though, I use what I like, so I’m sticking with it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Decklan.7540

Decklan.7540

One day Turrets will be mobile, until then, I’ll always be upset.

Honestly, I wouldn’t even mind if it was a grandmaster trait that made them mobile…

in Engineer

Anymras.5729

Grandmaster trait would make sense – combine Autotool and Metal Plated as an Adept, RTB as a Master, and then mobile turrets for Grandmaster.

in Engineer

Penguin.5197

(Gm trait)
Shoulder docking stations: Utility turrets spawn on shoulders when activated.

>:D

in Engineer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

The change to bombs is going to make my bunker build go from 10/0/30/30/0 to 0/10/30/30/0 so that I can reduce the recharge on super elixir

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

I will try out some turrets to see how much better it makes them, but to be clear none of this is happening tomorrow. It’s the next update after the Tequatl one.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Anymras.5729

I think it’s actually the update after the update after Tequatl.

Nice how we don’t even know if our turrets will be able to hit the updated World Bosses.

in Engineer

Posted by: Stice.5204

Stice.5204

It’d be tempting to use the reliable Toss Elixir S + Rocket Boots combo for elusiveness in WvW, but then I’d be limited to only one kit so that would require some thinking.

I will probably still never use turrets. Extra hitpoints and smarter targeting will certainly help them, but I don’t care for the playstyle they promote even if it were stronger.

Guardian, Engineer
[SIC] Strident Iconoclast – BP

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

I do so enjoy watching others theory-craft :o
Elixir S looks like it could be fun.

I’ll probably slot in Elixir S/B more often than I do now, but Rocket Boots is still the most appealing third utility for my build. Not much will change there.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

I may replace one of the kits with El. S or B, and also consider traiting 10 points elsewhere as i may not feel the need for Forceful Explosives as much.

Heck, i am already toying with the build. Looking into replacing my reliance on Med Kit with El. H traited for condition removal and shorter recharge (seems to come out slightly ahead on the heal as well).

in Engineer

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Nah, the changes coincide neatly with my existing build (variant on standard HGH) so well that I’ll pretty much just keep using it. 100% stealth on elixir S? 100% stability on elixir B? Delicious.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Ichishi.9613

Ichishi.9613

no
moving
turrets

in Engineer

Posted by: vlad.3467

vlad.3467

i play wvw with standard condi P/P HGH build – mostly rabid gear

med kit – elixir B – elixir S – tool kit

little deviation is 20 in explosives.

for me – the “upcomig patch” if it is true, will be nice buff.

in Engineer

Posted by: Umbaba.4382

Umbaba.4382

… But throw elixir b for stability? what the? A ground target skill with high casttime and travel time?

Most elixir builds I’ve seen, and the way I play, they are thrown at the feet with a cast of ~1 second.

Serious question – does ANY class have a Stunbreaker and Stabo instacast ability?

Edit – NM Stand Your Ground does (which I should probably know since my only alt is a Shout Guardian.)

Edit to the Edit – actually it looks like Engi, Thief and Ranger are the only classes that don’t have a Stun Break/Stabo ability. The warrior ability is massive.

Actually Engineer has an instant cast stability/stun break on the thumper turret tool belt ability. Granted the stability is 1.25 seconds long… BUT STILL it’s an instant cast, it breaks stun AND it’s a blast finisher! It’s pretty decent if you ask me… Although I’d gladly swap the blast finisher aspect of it for some extra stability…

in Engineer

Penguin.5197

Actually Engineer has an instant cast stability/stun break on the thumper turret tool belt ability. Granted the stability is 1.25 seconds long… BUT STILL it’s an instant cast, it breaks stun AND it’s a blast finisher! It’s pretty decent if you ask me… Although I’d gladly swap the blast finisher aspect of it for some extra stability…

I wouldnt. Rumble/explode turret is a double blast finisher in one. The potential for it is too good to trade up :P

in Engineer

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

I will be changing from FT to Bombs.

I don’t like having to trait 30 for Nades, forcing a trait (especially a 30 point one) to make a weapon viable is terrible design.

FT may be the weakest damage kit and one of the worst weapons in game (that range bug is so kitten annoying too) but I found bombs too easy to dodge, so never used them myself. Now that they will hit in the same radius as other AoE skills they will be much more effective vs skilled players and vastly superior to FT.

(edited by Brew Pinch.5731)