Anyone found their build yet?

in Engineer

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

Anyone else already found a crazy good build? I know I have :^)

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Engineer

Posted by: Blooperz.6145

Blooperz.6145

messed around with cele/rifle in explosives/inventions/alchemy….it’s stupidly tanky now…its like u have to try to die with all the get out of jail free procs engis have now…what did you run?

in Engineer

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

PvE – P/S – Power/Condi/Support

Explosions – I, III, II
Firearms – II, III, II
Alchemy – I, I, I

Healing Turret, Bomb Kit, Grenade Kit, Elixir Gun, Mortar Kit

P.S. – I hope a nomenclature for discussion builds is developed soon. I took my best stab at it.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

My build (the one that I’ve been running for about the last 4 months or so) hasn’t really changed.

What I miss, is the ability to make minor tweaks as situations permit. I used to run in PvE 2,2,0,4,6 ( a hybrid P/P Cele Static Discharge — I know, I know, don’t laugh….it’s fun as hell). In WvW I would switch to 0,6,0,2,6 – but core was the same.

This build is still viable and in fact even more powerful. But there are some traits that are completely useless to me now (Alchemical Tincitures), which was not the case pre-update.

in Engineer

PistolWhip.2697

I am right now testing

Hoelbrak Runes, Cele, rifle with Battle and Intel

Firearms 2,2,3
Tools 2, 1, 2
Alcchemy 2, 3, 1 because it seems the vigor doesn’t stack with Adrenal and Prot is 2 gud

Its pretty godly so far and I can hit 20-23 might stacks easy

This is for pvp btw

EDIT: Forgot to add with tool kit, nades, egun and mortar kit

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Engineer

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

i still play arround but so far i got a wacky nade\eg\elixir-b\mortar setup…not 100% pleased with it…but i just cant look at the bomb kit anymore with those visuals. Eh..i gonna do some field testing later and see what comes of it

in Engineer

Posted by: Cero.5132

Cero.5132

firearms 3-3-1
explosives 3-1-1
Tools 1-2-3

my new static discharge build xD rifle, medkit, utility goggles, tolkit, battering, motar…

dose 4k motarkit autoattacks on squishies are hilarious… not to mention the double miniskyhammer burst XD

in Engineer

Posted by: Crysto.7089

Crysto.7089

“Nuke Em’ From Orbit”
Full Zerk.
Scholar Runes.

Explosives: Glass Cannon, Shaped Charge, Siege Rounds
Firearms: High Caliber, No Scope, Mod. Ammo
Tools: Static Discharge, Takedown Round, Kinetic Battery

Rifle
Nades, FT, EG, Mokitten

odge something, double Orbital Strike on your flamethrower field + heal blast + ft blast+ eg blast= 21 might

No idea if thats better then just doing double nade barrage but it looks cool

#1 Commander/Player NA: Promotions

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

PvE – P/S – Power/Condi/Support

Explosions – I, III, II
Firearms – II, III, II
Alchemy – I, I, I

Healing Turret, Bomb Kit, Grenade Kit, Elixir Gun, Mortar Kit

P.S. – I hope a nomenclature for discussion builds is developed soon. I took my best stab at it.

Nomenclature = Take a screenshot, attach it to your post, done.

All my old builds work and are hilariously more powerful for reasons that both surprise me and sadden me but hey, let’s enjoy it while it lasts shall we!

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

(edited by Dirame.8521)

in Engineer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I am right now testing

Hoelbrak Runes, Cele, rifle with Battle and Intel

Firearms 2,2,3
Tools 2, 1, 2
Alcchemy 2, 3, 1 because it seems the vigor doesn’t stack with Adrenal and Prot is 2 gud

Its pretty godly so far and I can hit 20-23 might stacks easy

This is for pvp btw

EDIT: Forgot to add with tool kit, nades, egun and mortar kit

Im running something pretty similar atm, I’m just using inventions over tools for the extra aoe healspam and mechalegs+hoelbrak combo to make immobs real short. Do you think tools is better? I feel so bad if I don’t have mechlegs or streamlined kits to be not slow as slug.

Also the other dilemma I have is explosives vs firearms. I feel like its hard to play with grenades without explosives, but withou incendiary powder, the condi pressure is too weak. I haven’t really tried the mortar out yet, but I’ll do it soon most likely, I just don’t know how I’d feel about losing crate.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Engineer

PistolWhip.2697

Tools has streamlined so I take that, and I like tools for the Adrenal (free passive vigor)+ and the free stunbreak with reactive lenses :P generally with e gun and heal turret +overcharged i can clear any soft cc’s rly quickly anyway

I take fire arms for IP, iIdont feel the need for Explosives on Cele personally. I use nades and the velocity is find by default anyway for me. Mortar is awesome, tho with 4 kits i am finding it very challenging to play and utilize every skill i can properly with the new F5 and my new keybinds. So many buttons x.x

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Engineer

Posted by: Blooperz.6145

Blooperz.6145

All my old builds work and are hilariously more powerful for reasons that both surprise me and sadden me but hey, let’s enjoy it while it lasts shall we!

It will last until they Buff them even more…this is engineer we are talking about =S

in Engineer

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

Haven’t played much with the changes but just by eyeballing the traits a 6/6/0/0/6 zerk build will be pooping out damage.

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

in Engineer

Posted by: Peutrifectus.4830

Peutrifectus.4830

That’s whatsit using… Managed the 4x orbital strike… With marauder ammy….

I rename this, “Orbital Bombardment!” ???? ????

in Engineer

Posted by: FalconBeta.9185

FalconBeta.9185

Celestial, hoelbrak rune, doom/battle sigils.
Rifle, healing turret, Bomb kit, Tool Kit, Elixir Gun, Supply crate
http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgED6AS0BZg~

It feels pretty strong. The new HGH makes Elixir Gun skill 4 and 5 apply 2 stacks of might now too, so you can stack a bunch along w/ bombkit. Also lowers their cooldowns. I’ve experimented w/ mortar kit for more might, but using Supply crate atm cause its much easier to use lol

in Engineer

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

Celestial, hoelbrak rune, doom/battle sigils.
Rifle, healing turret, Bomb kit, Tool Kit, Elixir Gun, Supply crate
http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgED6AS0BZg~

It feels pretty strong. The new HGH makes Elixir Gun skill 4 and 5 apply 2 stacks of might now too, so you can stack a bunch along w/ bombkit. Also lowers their cooldowns. I’ve experimented w/ mortar kit for more might, but using Supply crate atm cause its much easier to use lol

Toolbelt for EG applies might too.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

in Engineer

PistolWhip.2697

I am trying to use mortar kit but kitten me keeping up with 4 kits is very difficult…

EDIT:

At the advice of someone I know I have been trying a power variant and it is very strong indeed…

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

(edited by PistolWhip.2697)

in Engineer

Posted by: Drath.4750

Drath.4750

My build (the one that I’ve been running for about the last 4 months or so) hasn’t really changed.

What I miss, is the ability to make minor tweaks as situations permit. I used to run in PvE 2,2,0,4,6 ( a hybrid P/P Cele Static Discharge — I know, I know, don’t laugh….it’s fun as hell). In WvW I would switch to 0,6,0,2,6 – but core was the same.

This build is still viable and in fact even more powerful. But there are some traits that are completely useless to me now (Alchemical Tincitures), which was not the case pre-update.

Ha! I ran celestial p/p SD as well. I love it in pvp for watching all the bouncing around that happens.

in Engineer

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Ha! I ran celestial p/p SD as well. I love it in pvp for watching all the bouncing around that happens.

What are you running with cele P/P?

in Engineer

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I think there’s far too much to play around with to have found a build yet. Sticking in one at this point is, well, a waste. So much to explore.

in Engineer

Posted by: Bulwark.2386

Bulwark.2386

Assassins Armor and Assassins weapons Force/Accuracy/Night Sigils
Berserker Accessories
Scholar Runes
Explosives: Glass Cannon, Shaped Charge, Siege Rounds
Firearms: Heavy Armor Exploit, No Scope, Mod. Ammo
Tools: Static Discharge, Takedown Round, Kinetic Battery (Thinking Adrenal Implant)

Rifle/Pistol/Shield-Med Turret,Grenade Kit, Flamethrower, Elixir Gun, Elite Mortar Kit

in Engineer

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

HGH mortar bby. so glad i had a knights set w hoelbrak lying about.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in Engineer

Posted by: Drizzy.1268

Drizzy.1268

[BNF] – Bitte Nicht Füttern
https://www.youtube.com/user/Drizzlebob

in Engineer

Posted by: Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Sungak Alkandenes.1369

My core has not changed – mostly Zerk with a couple Soldier armor thrown in. It’s one of the VERY few cases you’ll find me in nearly all Zerk; I’ll take suggestions for easily/casually obtained alternatives. Dire perhaps? I mostly PvE with this character, never PvP, some WvW on rare occasions. Also, be aware I have bad wrists, so must have some component of Toughness or similar thrown in.

Rifle (power build) base.
Firearms: High Caliber, Skilled Marksman, Modified Ammo
Tools: Power Wrench, Takedown Round, Adrenal Implant
Inventions: Automated Med Response, Mecha Legs, Med Disperse Field
Healing Kit (first time on this one), rocket boots, Elixir Gun, Tool Kit, Mortar (currently, may change that).
Runes of Altruism (this will change), Fire/Air on the Rifle.

Trying to go for a balance of decent damage while still having enough personal support to survive the occasional hit, i.e. when one of my wrists spaz out and I hit the wrong key. :p

Just sitting on rifle skills is pretty impressive now; Combining with Elixir Gun and Tool Kit are just plain fun – I’m not condition based, but they’re applying like crazy anyway. I’m flipping between kits fairly easily, but need to pace that or I end up fumbling a key press. That’s why I ended up in Inventions and Tools, they’re on traits that mostly help in personal support, or general mobility (Mecha Legs in particular).

The big thing that saddens me is dumping FT for TK. I’ll grab it again for WvW, but in a PvE situation the wrench is just plain nuts now. Also, I’m on the fence for the new Mortar – its very cool, but I realized its got the same problem as Grenades – no autoattack. That won’t work with my wrists long-term. As he’s Sylvari, I have access to Take Root as a nice situational tertiary (after supply Drop), but of course there’s no F5 for that…

[Now updated for what I’m running currently. May consider Dire after all.]

“The Meta Game does not stop at the game. Ever.” — Me
I like to view MMOs through the lazy eye of a Systems Admin, and the critical eye of a
Project Manager. You’ve been warned. ;-)

(edited by Sungak Alkandenes.1369)

in Engineer

Posted by: NiBlack.3149

NiBlack.3149

Something strange… I run
Explosives: Glass Cannon, Aim Assisted Rockets, Siege Rounds
Inventions: Overshield / AMR, Sothing detonation, Bunker Down
Alchemy: Protection/Invig , Regenerator ,HGH

Equiped celestial armor with travelers runes (rampager pistol and shield – coz I didn’t got enought materials), and mix of cleric and celestial jewelery… (well engi is one of class that can use all the stat).
and my survivality is unbelivelable… also dmg with ton of might stacking is great. Without problems I can take veteran Karka.

I don’t even use all my things. I thnik there is something wrong with bunker down.
Oh and also Fragmentation shoot and mortar is not counted as explosions…

in Engineer

Posted by: Raiekko.7510

Raiekko.7510

http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgEB2AV0A7g~

Rifle, Healing Turret, Rifle Turret, Tool Kit, Utility goggles, Mortar/Supply

Knight’s + Zerker Gear, Runes of the Pack

Pretty fun S/D Build that has strong opening burst, and drops kittentons of medkits and proxy mines to kite with in small scale WvW.

The Proxy mines proc Shrapnel which applies the cripple and vulnerability (Steel Packed Powder), and Bunker Down is pretty much proccing on the ICD in combat; that plus Mecha Legs has been keeping me in a sweet spot, range-wise, to kite with.

It almost feels like I’m exclusively playing with my toolbelt skills sometimes lol.

My issue is that I’m torn on streamlined kits, its seems redundant in my kit due to Mecha Legs+Runes of the Pack, but sometimes that extra movespeed can be the difference in surviving a zerg.

The rest of that tier feels lackluster anyway for S/D (imo) so I just went for Take-down round for moar damages on my opening burst and due to the fact I use Utility Goggles, which feels redundant with Lock On.

Work in progress but I’m having a blast. (pun intended)

(edited by Raiekko.7510)

in Engineer

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

very unhappy with promised changes, and provided…. p1 tease was not cool…

that said, reading some thing, and testing. Burning seems a bit OP atm.
The skills that provide it have not been rebalanced to compensate properly.

May run a burning build for a bit till its nerfed..
Blow torch and throw naplam is pretty crazy atm. and can be easily pumped further with things like rocket kick, Incendary ammo from flamethrower.

http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgEB2AJcBZQ~
Want to try kinetic charge with IA…

in Engineer

Posted by: CinCin.6083

CinCin.6083

Arena PvP
Bunker Down Cele Rifle

http://intothemists.com/guides/5454-bunker_down_cele_rifle

Notes:
So far with the testing I have done I really love the utility this build brings. Lots of pressure in teamfights, escapes, sustain, etc. Still trying to decide on the sigils/runes. High vulnerability uptime which is great for the mix of power / condi this build provides. Bunker down drops insane med packs with grenades—nice passive heal (other than having to walk over the packs) for yourself or your team.

~Reknub | Bunker spelled backwards
twitch.com/reknub
CeleGuard Build: http://tinyurl.com/celeguard-spvp

(edited by CinCin.6083)

in Engineer

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

very unhappy with promised changes, and provided…. p1 tease was not cool…

that said, reading some thing, and testing. Burning seems a bit OP atm.
The skills that provide it have not been rebalanced to compensate properly.

May run a burning build for a bit till its nerfed..
Blow torch and throw naplam is pretty crazy atm. and can be easily pumped further with things like rocket kick, Incendary ammo from flamethrower.

http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgEB2AJcBZQ~
Want to try kinetic charge with IA…

Yep this is what Im running atm.
some real synergy here, even if burning gets taken down.

fire fields in throw napalm, and flamethrower 4.
blast finishers in flame turret detonate, healing turret detonate, rocket boots, ft2 and atm supply drop.
fireshield on ft swap.
Also water field combos.

dont have the rotation down yet. but this looks good.

in Engineer

Posted by: Aidan Eighthrain.8612

Aidan Eighthrain.8612

Made use off the new perma Stab on Juggernaut for these one :

http://intothemists.com/guides/5465-25_hp_juggernaut

Just switching Elixir X to Supply Drop for sPvP with Marauder, Melandru & Intellingence Signet.

in Engineer

Posted by: Tor.1365

Tor.1365

Played my dire/rabid condi build for a while, pretty much the old build with shrapnel, incindiary plus a few of the new traits like pinpoint. It worked ok, but with so many enemy condi roamers and gank squads wandering around WvW, I was running out of clears before others were.

A ranger had me ticking for 5k burn 2k bleed 0.5k poison with turret + elixir gun on CD

Anyways, I’ve swapped to a glass S/D rifle/mortar build, and am loving it!

http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgEB1AL4BWw~

Traiting lock-on with utility goggles – the thieves and mesmer’s don’t know what hit them. I tend to swap around that middle tool, using IV for movement, V for when there are stealthers around, or VI for general combat.

I can nuke condi roamers now, although I tend to bleed out after the kill…

in Engineer

Posted by: Tor.1365

Tor.1365

I think the best think I am liking about mortar is it can fill the role of weapon kit, while still providing some of the healing potential of the old supply crate (siege rounds + water field).

With that being your main weapon kit, you can choose 3 actual utility skills. You could run some extra condi cleanse, or a double stun break, elixir B for stability – there are a lot more potential options now.

in Engineer

Posted by: biofrog.1568

biofrog.1568

I am trying to make a good mid-range grenade condition build but haven’t found anything I am really happy with yet

The static discharge build is a no-brainer one, since there are so many synergies and obvious choices in it. The turret build is also fairly straight forward and easy to make.

It’s the shrapnel/bleed/condition stacking explosion build that I find is hard to get the best out of, since the traits you want are mostly in the same tier. Also these seem to be aimed at crits and precision to help proc conditions, when I went with non-precision gear
FML. Might look into converting my ascended armour into another stat set, sigh.

“There’s no lag but what we make.” – biofrog

in Engineer

Posted by: Twigifire.8379

Twigifire.8379

I just found mine

Healing Turret + GK + Elixir S + TK + Mortar Kit

With
Explosives (1 + 1 + 1) [With 1 being the top, 3 being bottom]
Firearms (3 + 2 + 2)
Tools (3 + 1 + 2)

And with berserker amulet/gear, sigil of fire + air and rune of the pack