Anyone running front line in wvw/gvg?

in Engineer

Posted by: Rocknull.2986

Rocknull.2986

as someone who has been running back line damage/support in large group settings… Goooooood dam is front line fun and challenging.

mix of soldiers/zerk/knights is giving my balanced stats. working on some other gear/food changes now with the guild that will only help my survive ability. Perfectly weighted and finale salvo gives me much needed stability and that “x factor” in the fights.
slick shoes/super speed/oh my! this has been the most fun I have had in gw2 in a looooong time.

<3

lets talk about it scrappers. Its time to take our place next to our heavily armored brethren.

what have you guys been running/trying?

in Engineer

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

Full nomad and all gyros + final salvo.

in Engineer

Rocknull.2986

I don’t think my Latino hard headed machismo would let me run full nomads. but i appreciate the input. hey guildabd what kind of healing are you getting with that? and are you using medical dispersion field?

(edited by Rocknull.2986)

in Engineer

Posted by: mrjediconsular.4396

mrjediconsular.4396

in Engineer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

and are you using medical dispersion field?

Other classes do the passive AoE better IMO but then again I honestly dont run with it much myself so I havent tested it fully. Dispersion field otherwise feel really mediocre compared to bunker down, but I run my frontliner with like ~40% critchance.

Hammer and gyros work great but your AoE when on a pirateshipping commander suffer. You want to follow someone that’s really aggressive to the point of being reckless, that’s where the gyroscrapper shine.

in Engineer

Rocknull.2986

and are you using medical dispersion field?

Other classes do the passive AoE better IMO but then again I honestly dont run with it much myself so I havent tested it fully. Dispersion field otherwise feel really mediocre compared to bunker down, but I run my frontliner with like ~40% critchance.

Hammer and gyros work great but your AoE when on a pirateshipping commander suffer. You want to follow someone that’s really aggressive to the point of being reckless, that’s where the gyroscrapper shine.

I have probably one of the best commanders i have had the privilege to follow and he is very front line orientated so no worries on pirate ship meta here. even if it were to change i already know how to play that mode with scrapper/engi.

Couldn’t agree with you more on MDF being down rite mediocre . Bunker down is definitely the better choice. I asked about it because the previous poster mentioned going full nomads. was wondering if the higher level of healing power made a difference for the suck kitten trait.

on another note do you think you could survive the same if you dropped invention for say firearms ? main focus being juggernaut and replacing a gyro with flamethrower. IM thinking the rolling stability plus the cleave on flame throwers auto attack could be a welcome addition to the front line

any thoughts ?

in Engineer

guildabd.6529

Just stack some super speed, it’s incredibly good in zergs.
Btw MDF is better since it gives more loot.

in Engineer

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I usually run something like this when doing a frontline

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASncoC1XhVXBubB0ehlJjKc7Smwi+vz79W8ZKgAA-TViFABEqeAAXAA13fwIlbnpD4QVcWSJRCPAgqUCWO4A4t3CA/93e/t3et3evNgb7VGgitA-w

I think Final Salvo will be nice in the future if they do end up fixing stability in WvW.

Juggernaut/FT is too cumbersome. I used to do that in the past but the problem is that it makes you camp FT and the AA is unusable thanks to retaliation. Plus it’s only 1 stack of stability for each pulse which as is doesn’t make it useful against heavy CC. Though in the end, you will need to borrow stability from a guardian no matter what you do.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in Engineer

Rocknull.2986

Just stack some super speed, it’s incredibly good in zergs.
Btw MDF is better since it gives more loot.

im Loosing ya goos! aka not sure what your saying here. come on man! give us more the a sentence. You obviously know your kitten.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

According to the patch note leaks on reddit (which we’ll see tomorrow regardless, so this will be proven true/false pretty quick) Stability will last 1s per stack in cc negating effectiveness, so Juggernaught suddenly becomes extremely strong.

However, that means less stability (like from the Hammer trait) also becomes stronger, and perhaps sufficient.

The reason MDF gives more loot is because of a recent change that allowed both boon application and healing to allies to count towards tag credit when those allies damage something. Superspeed is fantastic because it puts you at ooc speed while still in combat (beautiful for repositioning), and also affects Golems if that situation ever comes up.

Fishsticks

in Engineer

Rocknull.2986

ahh loot. like actual loot. bleh pve

in Engineer

Rocknull.2986

According to the patch note leaks on reddit (which we’ll see tomorrow regardless, so this will be proven true/false pretty quick) Stability will last 1s per stack in cc negating effectiveness, so Juggernaught suddenly becomes extremely strong.

However, that means less stability (like from the Hammer trait) also becomes stronger, and perhaps sufficient.

I read this a few times and its not really sticking. so if i give myself 5 stacks o mite do i have 5 seconds of all cc immunity or do i have 5 seconds of immunity for 1 cc and if i run into 4 other forms of cc before my 5 stcks/secs are up then im stripped?

i know i know theoretical maybe leaks. lets just assume its spot on

in Engineer

Ghotistyx.6942

A stack of stability can only be stripped once per second. So, if you have 5 stacks of stability, you have a minimum 5 seconds you cannot be cc’d.

Fishsticks

in Engineer

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

On the subject of MDF and by association the Inventions line, inventions is mostly our group support line. Bunker Down is our more selfish trait, whilst if you are looking at healing your allies you can take MDF and SD.

A water field from healing turret on top of your hammer train is always good. Which will also boost your healing power by 250 for MDF and SD usage due to the synergy between the minors in the inventions line, heal resonator and energy amplifier.

I just wish SD was the same radius as a blast finisher, given the whole point of the trait is to amplify our blast heals. MDF is 360, why is SD only 240?

There are nerfs coming to Engineers sustain, so lets see what that entails as well.

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

in Engineer

Posted by: nihasa.5067

nihasa.5067

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASncoCFpi1XBuoCsehlKjCM6quOi+tr78WcZCgyD-TVSBwA4U/xsSwrK/WcgAwrDAwDE4xFAI4+Dp0QEAAB4m3MA4m38m38m3sMALbB-w

Last night ran something along these lines – don’t remember exactly the food as it was some random stuff just to be something. Had a lot of fun and was surprised of the amount of punishment I was able to take (our blue tag was not very talkative on TS).

Had a lot of those moments when you feel that you single handedly tip the balance of the fight and because of your little silly combo (hammer 5,3,2) you got downed those 3-4 guys in that turnaround moment. Might be just my imagination but I love those moments.

Anyway – any feedback is welcomed.

Nihasa The Engineer [WvW] Seafarer’s Rest [EU]

in Engineer

Rocknull.2986

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASncoCFpi1XBuoCsehlKjCM6quOi+tr78WcZCgyD-TVSBwA4U/xsSwrK/WcgAwrDAwDE4xFAI4+Dp0QEAAB4m3MA4m38m38m3sMALbB-w

Last night ran something along these lines – don’t remember exactly the food as it was some random stuff just to be something. Had a lot of fun and was surprised of the amount of punishment I was able to take (our blue tag was not very talkative on TS).

Had a lot of those moments when you feel that you single handedly tip the balance of the fight and because of your little silly combo (hammer 5,3,2) you got downed those 3-4 guys in that turnaround moment. Might be just my imagination but I love those moments.

Anyway – any feedback is welcomed.

It is totally not your imagination. Its solid damage coming from your hammer added in the damage from blowing up your gyros. We are kittening killing machines ! and when its all over and we are backing out of the bloody melee popping tool-belt on the bulwark gyro so me and my homies could stack like the bosses we truly are

::swoon::

btw bud. you already have self regulating defense. I say drop elixir s all together and replace with slick shoes or something else all together. also since you are using finale salvo I would drop mass momentum for rapid regen to truly energize the build but thats just me. gg out there and keep up the good work!

in Engineer

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Frontline me lee engi has been very fun for me, mostly PUG Zerg fights.

- full sentinels
- HGH elixirs double invuls from both elixir so condis are not a problem and I constantly have near permanent 25 might stacks
- relentless stability from traited Juggernaut FF toolkit
- evades/blocks/reflects from hammer
- stealth gyro when needed or the launcher elite/tornado/rampage whichever procs

I don’t know, I can run an face tank the initial push, even run all the way through to the enemy back line and back if I’m decently lucky. It’s quite funny; distracting and annoying the enemy once through.

I might swap my condi reduction food out for boon duration and swiftness on kill food because swiftness is my only problem with engi and the traits I’ve got. If I use that food then at least I’ll have permanent 7+ mins of swiftness so idk still meddling with the build.

I would say it’s very selfish but it has it’s uses with the minor stab to allies regarding elixir B I think it is. And stealth gyro to Rez downed allies.

in Engineer

nihasa.5067

btw bud. you already have self regulating defense. I say drop elixir s all together and replace with slick shoes or something else all together. also since you are using finale salvo I would drop mass momentum for rapid regen to truly energize the build but thats just me. gg out there and keep up the good work!

I like double invulnerability because it lets you go aggressively in the other zerg or just have some fun baiting out some cooldowns when zergs are teasing each other. Slick shoes just got nerfed so sticking to S seems to be more viable now. Especially that it gives you stealth on demand.

For zerging I don’t like rapid regeneration as I feel it does not heal fast enough to matter and because of this I go mass momentum for the extra damage (at least 250 more power just from the 10%, not to mention the extra stacks of might). I feel it is more important to kill fast then try to over last through rapid regeneration.

in Engineer

Posted by: Bish.8627

Bish.8627

I do like these builds, but lack of self swiftness is a deal breaker for me everytime.

in Engineer

nihasa.5067

I do like these builds, but lack of self swiftness is a deal breaker for me everytime.

No need as other party members are sharing theirs.

in Engineer

guildabd.6529

Front line scrapper/engi is useless atm. No slick shoes or final salvo.

in Engineer

ArchonWing.9480

There’s always mecha legs which is 25% and if that’s too slow for you, you can also blast lightning fields.

If your group can’t fill in the rest for you, then find a better group. :p

Nothing wrong with this either: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASlUUh2tY1VwkLQ7FLTG14HUBxH9fX37t4zUABAA-TViFABHqiDAXAgEeAAqv/gRK3WSJRVKBPTHAhqHUO4A4t3CA/93e/t3et3evNgb7VGgitA-w

But I prefer inventions for the defense against condis

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in Engineer

Rocknull.2986

Far from useless -. Finale salvo is back . Nd slick shoes still works it’s just not overpowered

Front line scrapper is alive and well

in Engineer

Posted by: Bish.8627

Bish.8627

There’s always mecha legs which is 25% and if that’s too slow for you, you can also blast lightning fields.

If your group can’t fill in the rest for you, then find a better group. :p

Nothing wrong with this either: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASlUUh2tY1VwkLQ7FLTG14HUBxH9fX37t4zUABAA-TViFABHqiDAXAgEeAAqv/gRK3WSJRVKBPTHAhqHUO4A4t3CA/93e/t3et3evNgb7VGgitA-w

But I prefer inventions for the defense against condis

Hey thanks! I was using that HGH build and had some joy with it before I took a HoT break. Will probably use that again with mecha. Its not so much the groups fault, on Piken they move quick, and well, I am easily distracted and sometimes I miss the group moving. Without swiftness then, I find I drop back.

Honestly we shouldnt have to rely on group swiftness to use decent builds, scrapper has no access outside of lightning fields. Putting your best skills on CD to get swiftness isnt my favourite idea. I wish one of the scrapper bots gave swiftness.

in Engineer

ArchonWing.9480

Streamlined kits does give swiftness though. Or failing that, final salvo can work too.

in Engineer

Ghotistyx.6942

Something I occasionally run because I like the synergy. Generally if I have cleanse support. (I don’t really remember what the armor is. Hard to keep track when I have 18 characters) http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASncoClchdeBuoC0ehlNji+tL71Osdyloa8BKgAA-TlxFABerD4ZzfAoE0flfdv/w7q/AA-w

Fishsticks