Anyone still play celestial/hybrid engi?

in Engineer

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

I used to love celestial bomb engi before the spec patch, but every time I’ve tried it since it never ends up as good as playing my usual static discharge build. Just curious if anyone still plays hybrid, and what kind of build works for them?

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

in Engineer

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

in Engineer

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

I am doing hybrid with the run set (mercenary?) that gives you condi and power at 1050 and vit and tough at 560. I run it with scrapper, alchemy and explosives. It seems to be doing alright for me. (user mortar, healing elixr, elixr B bombs and EG).

in Engineer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

In what mode? I still run rabid/celestial for WvW roaming and its working as good as ever.

For sPvP I currently run the new menders with 4 gyros + elixir gun, its stupid fun lol. Yeah yeah I know, call me “special”.

in Engineer

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

I’m still playing a cele/Rampagers mix for wvw. still rocks.

core engi. tool, firearms, alchemy. FT, toolkit, kitten , Mortar or X. with rifle ofc. condi burst + stunlock is so excellent.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

(edited by choovanski.5462)

in Engineer

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

In what mode? I still run rabid/celestial for WvW roaming and its working as good as ever.

For sPvP I currently run the new menders with 4 gyros + elixir gun, its stupid fun lol. Yeah yeah I know, call me “special”.

I run sPvP with the bombs, EG, Elix B, Mortar, merc amulet and engineer runes build.

in Engineer

Jugglemonkey.8741

Yeah, that yishis video got me thinking about it again, he plays it well. I was thinking mostly for WvW but honestly I played it in all game modes so whatever experience is interesting. I settled on a cele/rabid set, rabid until I can change it to celestial anyways. Firearms, alchemy and scrapper with hammer, bombs, elixir gun and toolkit. Pretty close to the video in the end lol.

It does well in duels but I seem to get taken apart by thieves ironically lol. It’s a nice change from the meta build anyways, I always found engi without toolkit felt a bit neutered.

I’m liking hammer, but without tools or inventions I’m relying on traveler runes which I dislike. Anyone got the same issue? I don’t really want to drop the defensive traits on scrapper just for move speed tbh.

Critical Kit, Thief.
Power Build Condi Build

(edited by Jugglemonkey.8741)

in Engineer

Posted by: Snakebyte.2804

Snakebyte.2804

I blast my HT and Egun 4 on my lightning field for swiftness for traveling. Switching in medkit while you run and using 4 works too.

Gringo Pls, JQ Engineer

in Engineer

Jugglemonkey.8741

So it turns out pack runes, elixir B instead of toolkit and blasting lightning fields works as Snakebyte said, thanks ^^ Basically perma swiftness and perma fury in fights too, with 18ish stacks of might to boot. Thanks all for your comments, gave me loads of stuff to play with in the last couple of days ^^

Critical Kit, Thief.
Power Build Condi Build

in Engineer

Posted by: alvarez.3159

alvarez.3159

I tried running Explosions/Firearms/Tools Mercenary Engi with rifle. Like in the good old days. I’m getting rekt by Necros even harder than before though and now Thieves are actually a real threat. It sadly didn’t really age well, but is still a lot of fun.