Arah solo engi

Arah solo engi

in Engineer

Posted by: Chryzo.8906

Chryzo.8906

Hey,

Any of you engineers been able to solo the abomination or the crusher / hunter couple ? I am amazed at how much more difficult it ease for me than on my guardian or mesmer.

On P2, getting to abo is easy. Once at abo, it gets amazingly hard if you try to kill it without exploiting game mechanics (stock pile frenzy gun and never aggro again the small ones). The small ones are doing the killing though.

On P3, getting through the first 4 monsters is already a pain since the sentinel keeps on blocking you / stunning you and you have no real stability even with elixir S. But the crusher is worse. The shield 5 does not seem to work for blocking the hammer shot, the 4 is useless since it is equivalent to being rooted (if you want to send back the root shot of the hunter). And you pretty much need: tool kit, Elixir C to get out of the immobilization or survive the OS. So the last slot is either a kit for damage or elixir S.

So, wondering any engi tried to do it ? were able to do it ? and do it without exploiting the mechanics ?

Arah solo engi

in Engineer

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

All u can do solo with other classes can be done also with engineer + much more. I never tried other bosses solo in arah apart from lupicus. But that one was preaty easy.

Arah solo engi

in Engineer

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

I would love to see a video of an engi solo!

Arah solo engi

in Engineer

Posted by: Sabull.5670

Sabull.5670

all classes can solo abomination np. There is no special mechanic that would prevent it. Rampager bleed nades should be pretty fast at doing it aswell, abit less dodgeing than many others might have to.

[TA]

Arah solo engi

in Engineer

Posted by: Crunkmagnet.3908

Crunkmagnet.3908

Challenge accepted.

Arah solo engi

in Engineer

JubeiTM.5763

Challenge accepted.

I look forward to. In fact, i can’t wait to see this. Lot’s of luck.

Arah solo engi

in Engineer

Crunkmagnet.3908

So, do we just want to see bosses or what?

Arah solo engi

in Engineer

JubeiTM.5763

I’d like to see a whole dungeon run on fast forward and you ca let normal speed on bosses. Here are two examples:

Arah solo engi

in Engineer

Crunkmagnet.3908

I’ll see what I can do.

Arah solo engi

in Engineer

Chryzo.8906

yeah well, if I ever get around to finishing P2 solo it’s gonna take me hours ^^ I would also condense all the wipes.

Though after thinking about it for a bit, I think I found the solution on how to kill the abomination in a crazy way

Arah solo engi

in Engineer

Crunkmagnet.3908

I plan to.

I may be starting up a podcast with SOAC (interview pending) and this will be a good way to get some attention on it. =P

If any of you would like I can add you in game and we can make it a joint effort. Obviously, credit would go to the man with the plan for each part. The podcast would also want guests and this would be a good opportunity for players that have ideas and are successful to reach out to the community.

Arah solo engi

in Engineer

Chryzo.8906

Ok, rampager ain’t the way to go ^^ crafting full berserk set now

Arah solo engi

in Engineer

Crunkmagnet.3908

Rampager is definitely useful, not what I’d go for in a solo setting though. Same for berserk. =P

Arah solo engi

in Engineer

Posted by: Skewjo.9243

Skewjo.9243

Ok, rampager ain’t the way to go ^^ crafting full berserk set now

Maybe go with a full cleric’s set. Fights would be slow but it would be much easier to stay alive. I run something similar in sPvP when i feel like being supporty.
Net turret gives you control for those pesky melee bosses. Runes of the flock give a free blind every ~15 seconds I guess. The regen from this build is nuts.(I usually run med kit and rune of water so i can heal every time i switch to medkit for around 1600)
regen+backpack regen+ heal from water runes for using turret+elixir gun 5
and then add in constant bomb area heals and the heal from the turret.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQFAUlIq6ZnwSXF17ISoHFmEqWiUofW2HFyVbB-TkAgzCmI6R1jrHTPyes9M+A

Arah solo engi

in Engineer

Chryzo.8906

i thought of going bomb heal but the problem with the abomination boss are the little inquest guys that shoots for 1500 + dots. Going low dps means having to endure 3 little guys + the boss. While going high dps you can kill the little ones fast.

Kind of a trade of. But trying will tell I though about going knight too. But feel it is at least partly useless in arah’s case due to high damage of mobs.