Area Stealth

Area Stealth

in Engineer

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Dunno how many people know of this combo field but I just discovered it by mucking about.

Bombkit’s Smokebomb + Big Ol’ Bomb gives us about 2-3 seconds of stealth.

Anyone else found any other combo fields that are not too well known?

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Area Stealth

in Engineer

Posted by: MentalPause.9183

MentalPause.9183

I think a decent number of people know about it. Its awesome that you found it though. Now try using Big Ol’ Bomb, thumper turret overcharge, rumble, magnetic inversion, healing turret and then exploding both turrets into smoke bomb and see how much stealth you can get. =)

Fort Aspenwood WvW’er
Officer of Bloodwork [RED] http://bloodwork.boards.net/thread/145/interested-joining-red

Area Stealth

in Engineer

Posted by: Super Riceman.8702

Super Riceman.8702

Any Leap/Blast Finisher + Smoke Field creates stealth

There is only one god and its name is nerf. There is only one thing we say to nerf, not today

Area Stealth

in Engineer

Posted by: rivx.3267

rivx.3267

I heard it maxes out at 12 seconds never use enough blast finishers to find out tbh.

Area Stealth

in Engineer

MentalPause.9183

I just did a quick search and couldn’t find if it maxes out at 12 seconds or not. For some reason I was thinking I have gotten it to 15 when playing around with it, but I can’t be sure.

Fort Aspenwood WvW’er
Officer of Bloodwork [RED] http://bloodwork.boards.net/thread/145/interested-joining-red

Area Stealth

in Engineer

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

Also, my favorite of EG4 to blast away from mobs/players.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

Area Stealth

in Engineer

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Anyone who has played a thief knows this already lol. Not a little used combo either. Its one of the more practical ones for WvW solo roaming. Smoke Bomb read the tips for a little more info. Smoke field + blast = 3 seconds area stealth. Smoke + leap = 2 seconds personal stealth. Max stealth = 12 but you can get up to 15 if you use Shadow Refuge though part of that is while in the refuge so players will know where you are for a while.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

(edited by TheGuy.3568)

Area Stealth

in Engineer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

I heard it maxes out at 12 seconds never use enough blast finishers to find out tbh.

It does max at that. Me and my ele and thief teammates max our finishers it never goes past 12 seconds

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Area Stealth

in Engineer

MentalPause.9183

It does max at that. Me and my ele and thief teammates max our finishers it never goes past 12 seconds

Good to know. Thanks for clarifying.

Fort Aspenwood WvW’er

Area Stealth

in Engineer

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

You know I’ve been playing this game since 3 day early launch and never much bothered with the combos before. I guess there’s a ton more yet for me to explore and learn.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Area Stealth

in Engineer

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

Dunno how many people know of this combo field but I just discovered it by mucking about.

Bombkit’s Smokebomb + Big Ol’ Bomb gives us about 2-3 seconds of stealth.

Anyone else found any other combo fields that are not too well known?

If you think that’s good, try dropping a Smoke Bomb + Big Ol’ Bomb, then Rifle 5 + Rocket Boots.
Rocket Boots alone is a good one, since it lets you get far away AND stealth together.

Area Stealth

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

Rocket Boots is especially handy as it stealths after the flying, so after you’ve dealt damage.

Area Stealth

in Engineer

Posted by: TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

You can keep a party up with 25 stacks of might for 60 secs at a time if you know what you are doing…12 stacks of stealth and so forth. This is stuff you learn within your first month of the game , combo fields and finishers

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

Area Stealth

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Just make sure no one is standing in your smoke field, or it will instantly reveal you when it blows up.

Area Stealth

in Engineer

Posted by: Stealth.9324

Stealth.9324

12s Stealth Engine style by me:

BoB→Smoke bomb→Turret drop and blow→Shield4→Elixer Gun skill 4.

Have your own SR Engine style.

Note: Have to execute in exact order as list. And all order need to be done in 2s.

Kaane Moka – Champion Magus. Loola Illuma – Champion Genius.
Proud player of : team [uA] – team [TGI]. Australia base, now recruiting.

Area Stealth

in Engineer

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

Shortly after release I did get 15 secs once (13s after the rotation) using a bunch of turrets, mag inversion, and the supply crate. Maybe it’s no longer possible to get that. Of course, everything was then on cooldown, so it was just a novelty.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

Area Stealth

in Engineer

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Didn’t realize that this stacks, for some reason. 12s stealth is going to be sweet!

Combo fields and finishers…. if you don’t know how to use them, learn! Very powerful!

Area Stealth

in Engineer

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

I just tested with 6 blast finishers and only got 14 seconds of stealth. That’s where it maxes out, I guess because I would have gotten 18 seconds.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

Area Stealth

in Engineer

Stealth.9324

Stealth max out at 14s, so does SR on thief.

Area Stealth

in Engineer

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

Excellent stuff. Tagged for future reference.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

Area Stealth

in Engineer

Posted by: Anelyn.4593

Anelyn.4593

My variant:

BoB+Smoke bomb+Turret drop and blow+Shield4+Rocket Boots (as I always run with rocket boots in WvW)

What you achieve is same duration stealth + the jump from rocket boots.

Also worth to mention you can start with fire bomb to get some might stacks out of the stealth as well (if your ping is good, otherwise stick with 1 combo).

Area Stealth

in Engineer

Stealth.9324

Don’t think so,Ane. If you drop Fire bomb first, unless you wasted on Blast on Fire Field, smoke bomb after will override Fire field. You can not get both at the same time with one blast.

Area Stealth

in Engineer

Posted by: Anelyn.4593

Anelyn.4593

You are correct, my bad (you can still get some might and stealth tho, but duration on stealth will be lowered obviously!).

Area Stealth

in Engineer

Stealth.9324

Yes, it is done if you drop Fire Field and some blast to get might. After that, drop smoke bomb and drop the remaining blast to obtain Might and Stealth. But like you said, it won’t last long depend on how many blast you use on Fire Field and Smoke Field.