Arena this is my first and final request...

in Engineer

Posted by: Killdozer.4630

Killdozer.4630

Seriously, I Will totally give you all my stuff if you add a sniper kit to engineer, I will give you rights to:

My comic books
Any children I may accidentally have in the future
My Girlfriend (or if things change in the future my boyfriend)
The rest of my sandwich
My favorite shoes
my last cigarette
my favorite pillow
and my VHS copy of Blazing Saddles

Just please ….PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE give me some sort of sniper kit.

Thanks Anet <3

in Engineer

Posted by: Vigilence.4902

Vigilence.4902

I’ll give 1 kidney (bean) if you add this kit to the engineer.

in Engineer

Posted by: Killdozer.4630

Killdozer.4630

Maybe if we all offer them stuff they will listen to us.

I was searching through my drawers and added to my list is one issue of Mad magazine from 1993 (not the best year but still kinda funny)

in Engineer

Posted by: Haligator.9615

Haligator.9615

They can have my box copies of SWTOR and TSW if we get a sniper kit and a submarine kit.

in Engineer

Posted by: yandere.9176

yandere.9176

I want a steam thrower underwater, but submarine kit sounds awesome. ^^

Desolation – Mistress of significance level

in Engineer

Posted by: dkabib.5143

dkabib.5143

Sniper Kit… o.O

AWESOME

in Engineer

Posted by: leviathan.2148

leviathan.2148

I believe it is possible in future expansions.

I am an engineer – a pianist of destruction! Now please go back to standing in my AOE.

http://wpwhendead.tumblr.com - a GW2 webcomic about a Charr and a Skritt

in Engineer

Posted by: Tinni.4351

Tinni.4351

Now this is a request I can get behind! I want to be a sniper!

My brain is shagging under the weight of changes… having six characters was not a good idea!

in Engineer

Posted by: Torque.7951

Torque.7951

Copied from my older topic:

Was suprised there wasn’t one to begin with, especially with the snipers available in some event/heart areas. So, would it be a good idea to give the Engineer a Sniper kit to give it some long range options?

Weapon abilities would be somewhere along the lines of:

1: Auto-attack, Direct damage, slow RAF.
2: Suppressing fire, random spray of bullets towards the target area, aoe slow. 15sec cd.
3: Snipe, charged shot, hold for increased critchance, accuracy OR critdmg, knocks target over upon succesful crit. 15sec cd
4: Entrench, setup a sniping position, gain stealth and increased damage on your next 3 shots but you cannot move. Using the ability again deploys a spotting tool for a second player who can mark targets, marked targets have an increased chance to be critted by sniper. Lasts 30sec. 1min cd.
5: Camouflage, gain stealth and movementspeed increase, but cannot attack. (good for getting in- and out position.) lasts 10sec. 30sec cd.

Sniper Rifle abilities would all have a range of like… 1500-2000. I don’t really have a decent idea on whats fair here… but it is a a sniper so some range is warranted.

Toolbelt skill: Hipfire from your Sniper Rifle, knocking back and damaging targets in a line. The closer your target(s) the further the knockback and damage.

Alright, obviously needs tuning but these are just ideas…
Thoughts?

Edit:
Alright it seems the general consensus is that the #5 ability would be too strong so… how about we change it to this:
#5: Camouflage, gain movementspeed increase and become untargettable for 5sec, you cannot attack during this period. 1min cd.
With the stealth feature removed other players can plainly see where you’re going but it’s still a good escape ability.

Might as well ditch this on the suggestion forums too. Can’t hurt our chances of getting it :P

in Engineer

Posted by: Tesler.5783

Tesler.5783

Ranger Longbow = sniper weapon. For obvious reasons, ArenaNet saw it more fitting to give to the ranger, than to the engineer, so isn’t gonna happen.

in Engineer

Posted by: Torque.7951

Torque.7951

Ranger Longbow = sniper weapon. For obvious reasons, ArenaNet saw it more fitting to give to the ranger, than to the engineer, so isn’t gonna happen.

None of the Ranger’s Longbow abilities even come close to reflecting a sniper. You got your basic autoshot, a spam arrow ability, a weakening shot, knockback shot and aoe arrow spam. Only autoshot is something a sniper would have… And what are those obvious reasons? Ranger is the “Ranged” class? AN doesn’t do fixed roles to professions. And besides, warriors get better ranged abilities than ranger and engineer put together.

in Engineer

Posted by: Tesler.5783

Tesler.5783

Ranger’s Longbow encourages staying at max range for max damage, and provides great, possibly best single target and aoe ranged damage, or at least such was the idea behind it. slower shooting, hard hitting bow, as opposed to rapid fire close-midrange shortbow. to me, that’s what sniper weapon is in an MMO.
And yes, ranger’s theme IS ranged combat as it clearly states in the profession description, so while they are not exclusively ranged in practice, ranged combat is a part of their theme far more than any other profession’s, which is clearly why the most sniper-like weapon went to the ranger.
I agree that warriors have better abilities, all I’m saying is that thematically a sniper mode has already been assigned to another profession, so a sniper kit on Engineer, Warrior, or any other profession is unlikely to happen.

in Engineer

Posted by: Praenomen.3245

Praenomen.3245

ArenaNet.

I will be willing to pay a maximum sum of ten ($10) American dollars for access to a effective Sniper Kit for the Engineer class.

Make it happen.

PS. I will give you cookies if you make the class less buggy as well. It should not be buggy in the first place, but I am willing to provide further incentive in the form of baked goods for this service to occur.

in Engineer

Posted by: Gurt.9368

Gurt.9368

Tesler.5783

And yes, ranger’s theme IS ranged combat as it clearly states in the profession description, so while they are not exclusively ranged in practice, ranged combat is a part of their theme far more than any other profession’s, which is clearly why the most sniper-like weapon went to the ranger.

The ranger’s theme is and should be a versatile warrior that relies on aid from nature to fight, anything else is secondary. In many games they are the class best able to use a bow, but this is largely due to the versatility of the class and the lack of other classes having viable bow options more than anything else (a warrior should be a better swordsman than a ranger and an archer should be a better bowman than a ranger, most games just don’t have an archer class).

Before anyone gets all “but it has ‘range’ in the name!” on me, allow me to give you a language lesson. The word “ranger” can be traced back to 12th century Middle English, it’s definition was “one who protects, patrols, or frequently travels a range (large tract of land, often suitable for grazing animals).” It was this definition that is used for various military and police groups; and these groups that inspired the Lord of the Rings rangers, which inspired the DnD rangers, the rangers that all fantasy games are based on.

in Engineer

Posted by: Rick.1378

Rick.1378

SNIPER !!! I would love that. The rangers crying can easily be satisfied by having a sniper bow skill, we can get the sniper rifle skill. I love the sniper theme, if a game can be played as a sniper that’s usually the route I choose.

in Engineer

Posted by: badger.9862

badger.9862

Sounds like fun, but for the moment I’d like them to address the issues with the current weapon kits.