Ascended/Legendary flamethrower, etc

in Engineer

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

I was farming with my engineer and it got me thinking that it’s kind of a shame that the class relies so much on kits for weapons. With the profession as it currently is there will never be a ascended or legendary flamethrower, mortar or the various other weapon kits.

If they ever revamp the class I think it would be interesting if they converted some of the weapon kits into real weapons and replace the kits with a unified kit that provides alternate ammo or functions such as flamethrower/cold gun, rifle/portal gun, etc

I’m sure there are many reason why they wouldn’t/couldn’t do this. I’m just throwing this out there.

Death blossom as a replacement for mortar elite specialization if it became a weapon?

in Engineer

Posted by: LUST.7241

LUST.7241

Yeah…would be nice if the rarity of your weapon changed the look of the kit…also bring back hobosacks.

in Engineer

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

Yeah…would be nice if the rarity of your weapon changed the look of the kit…also bring back hobosacks.

Seconded… especially that last part.

in Engineer

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

This is like guardians getting legendary aegis. Or mesmers getting legendary clones. Maybe eles want legendary summon weapons while we’re at it? I’m sure the necros would like a legendary death shroud scythe. Revenants could use some legendary legend effects too.

Tldr; it ain’t happening

in Engineer

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

I want a fraking Portal Gun though!

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in Engineer

Posted by: Slapinator.4196

Slapinator.4196

Even if they don’t do this an update on kit textures and meshes like Elixir Gun, Flamethrower, Bomb Kit and Mortar Kit would be really nice, along with the choice of enabling or disabling hobosacks from options.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Whats the legendary attack effect gonna be?

Instead of fire it shoot a torrent of rainbow unicorns?

in Engineer

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

Whats the legendary attack effect gonna be?

Instead of fire it shoot a torrent of rainbow unicorns?

How about pink elephants?

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in Engineer

Posted by: Lonami.2987

Lonami.2987

We need some customization system for these things, and not just the engineer. Every profession.

The ranger can customize his pets. Why couldn’t the engineer have, say, flamethrower skins? Then you open a panel similar to the ranger’s pet panel and select it there.

I don’t think most of the kits could be viable weapons. Elixir gun could be moved to the crossbow, and tool kit to the mace… but flamethrower has nowhere to go. They could change engineer mechanic so kits are in fact “attunement versions” of already existing weapons, so attuning rifle to fire yields you the flamethrower, but that’s kinda too much work in the long run.

Also, mortar should be scrapped and replaced with a cannon, Horrik-style.

Elonian elite specialization ideas: El: Dervish
M: Bladedancer – N: Scourge – En: Occultist – Ra: Swampstalker
T: Sharpshooter – G: Sunspear – Re: Hierophant – W: Corsair

in Engineer

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

I want a fraking Portal Gun though!

I know right! It would be awesome in this game. It would have to be on the engineer.

in Engineer

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I’m not so unhappy that we can’t get legendary kits with the visuals and stuff, but I am disappointed that the base kit damage is not affected by the level of the equipped weapon. I’m pretty sure that kits base damage aren’t balanced around the base damage of a legendary/ascended weapon.