Automated Response Alchemy 30

in Engineer

Posted by: Grinds.8459

Grinds.8459

Has anyone else noticed that this trait doesn’t work? The trait says is reduces all condition durations by 100% when below the threshold but I’ve noticed lately it doesn’t do that at all. Am I doing something wrong? Is it bugged? Could enemies +% Condi Durations not be taken into account?

in Engineer

Posted by: Pwent.2639

Pwent.2639

Once you hit 25% you become immune to all conditions. It does not effect ones already on you.

Ida

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

the wording on the trait description is wrong. what it actually does is:

bellow 25% hp no new conditions can be applied to you. conditions that were ticking at 26% hp will still run their timers fully, unless cleansed.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in Engineer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

I am assuming you know that it doesn’t remove the conditions that were on you prior to AR activating right?

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in Engineer

Pwent.2639

Lol the timing of those responses.

Ida

in Engineer

Posted by: Grinds.8459

Grinds.8459

bellow 25% hp no new conditions can be applied to you. conditions that were ticking at 26% hp will still run their timers fully, unless cleansed.

Hmm makes sense I could have swore I cleansed them though.. maybe I will just have to pay more attention next time I notice it happening.

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

This is incorrect. When below 25%, all conditions applied have there duration reduced by100% of the base condition. For example, if i have +50% condition duration, and my skill applies 4s as a base, wirh my 150% condition durarion combined with the -100% durarion of the trait, you would still get 2s of the condition applied to you.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

(edited by coglin.1867)

in Engineer

Posted by: Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

coglin is wrong, automated response makes you immune all conditions regardless of duration. pwent is right

in Engineer

Pwent.2639

Yeh it makes it impossible to apply conditions and nothing more.

Ida

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Yea, coglin is correct. The condition duration is reduced by 100% and that’s why the opponent sees “Immune”. It used to be that some opponents had a condi duration of over 100% and AR would reduce them by only 100% and no more so you’d still take condi damage. Anet released a patch around last summer that addressed that bug. No condi-duration can go above 100% now so AR correctly makes you immune to new condis. Confusing? Absolutely.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in Engineer

Posted by: Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Just had Shin with +40% condition duration food on take me below 25% and then auto me and hit me with burst skill from sword. I received 0 conditions and I had nothing but the trait reducing condition duration this was live with ~180 viewers and u’ll be able to go see it on his previous broadcast when he stops streaming. Also changing the wiki page doesn’t make you right. At 14:03, 27 February 2014 from? IP 24.139.57.108 the the “by 100%” in the following line was added: Condition durations are reduced by 100% while below the [[health]] threshold. Also at the same time they added this entire line to the wiki: " This skill does not negate conditions from being applied. It simply negates the duration. Players applying conditions with additional condition damage, will have conditions applied based on the amount of duration they have above 100%." Let’s all take note that having increased condition damage makes your conditions have a longer duration than 100%. Also the the trait reduced condition duration by 100% of the duration of the incoming condition regardless of how much longer it has been extended beyond its base duration

edit: can see the part i was refering to at 55:30 on http://www.twitch.tv/shinryuku_ku/b/506901598

(edited by Khezekiah Bellamy.5016)

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

So long ago…

“Automated Response trait: Grants immunity to conditions when the inflictor has over 100% duration.”

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-March-26-2013/first

I remember the confusion over this patch note. No one understood what this meant. There is a thread buried in this sub-forum about it and I’m pretty certain a dev had responded on it. The trait was bugged where if the condition duration was, say, 110%, the duration was reduced by 100% and the engineer would still get conditions with 10% duration. The March 26th patch made it so that someone could still have 110% condition duration, but it would still not apply to an engineer below 25% health with AR. This is what I meant. No condition duration can go above 100% against AR.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

(edited by Chaba.5410)