Automated Response Trait

Automated Response Trait

in Engineer

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

About this trait:
Automated Response: Condition duration is reduced by 100% when health is below 25%.”

What exactly happens?
1. When my life fall below 25% i lose all conditions on me, but while below 25% can still be applied new conditions?
2. When below 25% i’m imune to conditions?
3. If a Necro has +100% condition duration, is that means i’ll have only 100% condition duration on me, ignoring his bonus?

Automated Response Trait

in Engineer

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

This trait comes into effect only when you are below 25% health and you get hit by something. When that happens, no new conditions are applied to you. The conditions you had on you before continue to deal damage. Even if your opponent has +100% duration, you’ll be immune to new conditions for as long as you stay below 25% health.

So basically, it could read: “No new conditions will be applied to you when you are below 25% health.”

Automated Response Trait

in Engineer

FLiP.7680

Thank you, it seems really good. Which one is worth to use on GM Alchemy major trait, Automated Response or Cleaning Formula 409?

Automated Response Trait

in Engineer

NevirSayDie.6235

If you use a lot of elixirs, you’ll want HGH as your grandmaster and 409 as your master level traits. If you only use one elixir, Automated Response is better.

It’s a pretty good trait but don’t expect it to make you invincible to conditions. To put it in perspective, if you have a 7-second burn on you when you hit 25%, you’ll probably die from that alone if you don’t cleanse it. The trait basically gives you a split second of breathing room to cleanse and heal up, nothing more.

Automated Response Trait

in Engineer

FLiP.7680

My engie is only lvl 17 now, but i was going to use Backpack Regenerator on Master trait. HGH wouldn’t help me to get rid of conditions.
The healing is compared to the guardian virtue?

Automated Response Trait

in Engineer

NevirSayDie.6235

Backpack regenerator heals for I think 125/second with zero healing power up to about 175/second with 1000 healing power. I like it and use it in both my tanky WvW build and my bunker PvP build, but it’s not exactly spectacular. The Guardian virtue is actually much less (around 85-140 depending on healing power) but it’s only one of many sources of healing for tanky guardians.

Yes, backpack regen + 409 or automated response + a defensive adept trait will make you pretty hard to bring down. If you do take 2+ elixirs, 409 is probably better, and of course you can take elixirs without HGH. I assume you’re thinking of a WvW build?

Automated Response Trait

in Engineer

Posted by: VIVorcha.7853

VIVorcha.7853

If it really prevents conditions from being added, then that’s not at all what the description says.

Why does Anet struggle to write descriptions that actually describe what something does?

Automated Response Trait

in Engineer

FLiP.7680

Yes, i don’t play sPvP, only PvE and WvW.
So far my build would be like this:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcQQJAqalspSXnvyuF17IBoH6Nv4V0jHbZK/pAbB-jwBBYfCh00Ch5QFRjtMsIasqbY6YER1mbFRrWKAImGB-e

Automated Response Trait

in Engineer

FLiP.7680

If it really prevents conditions from being added, then that’s not at all what the description says.

Why does Anet struggle to write descriptions that actually describe what something does?

Yep, there is a lot of ambiguous descriptions, especially in traits.

Automated Response Trait

in Engineer

Posted by: MonMalthias.4763

MonMalthias.4763

If you’re only playing PvE then there is no need for Automated Response. Oftentimes in dungeons – even if you’re playing a condi heavy path like Twilight Arbour – you will never be under sufficient condition pressure to justify taking such a hard counter.

HGH is just so much better when combined with Elixir heavy builds that there is little comparison. You’ll only ever want to take Automated Response if you’re doing these things:

• You’re playing PvP, and there’s 2+ condi classes on the enemy team
  • You’re only going to take Elixir C as your sole elixir.
  • You’re running a build that requires close range – i.e. Bomb Kit which would expose you to condispam AoE

In any other case, HGH is objectively superior if you’re going to be running 30 in Alchemy.
The added DPS of Might will add to your counterpressure and if running 2+ Elixirs then your condi management with CF409 will be sufficient in all but the most extreme of cases – and even then AR would have only prolonged your death by scant seconds.

Even in WvW, HGH is almost universally better in comparison to Automated Response due to the extremely low (25%) health trigger before it kicks in. Given that most builds in WvW – even “pure” condi damage builds still try to have a little bit of Power damage – you’ll still be cut down with such low remaining HP.

Iva Malthias – 80 Engineer
Marellune Malthias – 80 Elementalist
Devil’s Dominion [DD] – Yak’s Bend

Automated Response Trait

in Engineer

Posted by: Raijinn.9065

Raijinn.9065

This trait comes into effect only when you are below 25% health and you get hit by something. When that happens, no new conditions are applied to you. The conditions you had on you before continue to deal damage. Even if your opponent has +100% duration, you’ll be immune to new conditions for as long as you stay below 25% health.

So basically, it could read: “No new conditions will be applied to you when you are below 25% health.”

This sounds like the pre nerfed automated response…I’m not so sure it works like that anymore. But I could be wrong I havnt played since like may or something

Automated Response Trait

in Engineer

NevirSayDie.6235

This sounds like the pre nerfed automated response…I’m not so sure it works like that anymore. But I could be wrong I havnt played since like may or something

It’s still the same.

Automated Response Trait

in Engineer

Posted by: MonMalthias.4763

MonMalthias.4763

@Raijinn:
There were no changes to Automated Response:
OpticsTV did a build video featuring it and later had to mention a retraction on AR granting Condition immunity because it only granted condition immunity to new conditions applied after the 25% health trigger.

It is now 12 months to the day that video was released.

As NevirSayDie has said, it’s still the same.

Iva Malthias – 80 Engineer
Marellune Malthias – 80 Elementalist
Devil’s Dominion [DD] – Yak’s Bend