Automated Response

Automated Response

in Engineer

Posted by: Markadis.9012

Markadis.9012

Alchemy Grandmaster Trait XII:
“Condition duration is reduced by 100% when health is below 25%”

How does this trait work? I have a health pool of over 24k, and 25% of that is 6k. When I reach 6k whatever conditions that are on me are still ticking. Is this trait broken?

Server- Blackgate
Characters- Levicus (Ele); Levicus Gear (Eng);
Levicus Shield (War)

Automated Response

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

You become immune to condis applied AFTER you reach 6k health so all conditions applied before will still keep ticking.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

(edited by Dirame.8521)

Automated Response

in Engineer

Markadis.9012

You become immune to condis applied AFTER you reach 6k health.

I see…. Is Elixir C, and Cleaning Formula 409 (GM Trait X) our only condition removals?

Server- Blackgate
Levicus Shield (War)

Automated Response

in Engineer

Posted by: Pakki.4175

Pakki.4175

There’s master trait in alchemy that allow you to cure condition when you use elixir.

Also, med kits, and overcharged healing turret cure condition.

edited: spelling coz of the censor >.>

Automated Response

in Engineer

Markadis.9012

There’s master trait in alchemy that allow you to cure condition when you use elixir.

Also, med kits, and overcharged healing turret cure condition.

edited: spelling coz of the censor >.>

Cool ty.

Last questions:

How long does Alchemy Grandmaster Trait XII last?

For example, let’s say I drop below the 25% threshold and cleanse all conditions on me with Elixir C. Elixir C then gives me regen as one of the buffs, and the regen pushes me up to 25% health 2 seconds later. Does that mean I was semi-immune to new conditions for the brief 2 seconds?

What happens if I get hit and my life goes down to 24% health another second later? Is there an internal cooldown on Trait XII? If so, does anybody know how long it is?

Sorry about the multiple questions.

Server- Blackgate
Levicus Shield (War)

Automated Response

in Engineer

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

-Healing turret overcharge removes 2 conditions
-Medikit #4 removes one condition
- Cleansing Formula 409 removes one Condition by using elixirs
- Elixir C
-Elixir Gun #5 removes one Conditions by impact (not in tooltips but still true)
- Physical projectil finisher + light field remove conditions from allies near target (300 range): for example throwing wrench (toolbelt tool kit) + EG#5

Automated Response

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

bloopdoop foooOOOOOO

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

(edited by ellesee.8297)

Automated Response

in Engineer

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

automated response usually isn’t worth it. you’re not immune to conditions they are just reduced by 100% so if they have any condition duration (which most condition specs do), they wil still affect you.

Automated Response doesn’t work like -condi duration food. You are completely immune to new condis once it activates.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

Automated Response

in Engineer

ellesee.8297

just tested and you are right.

#1 Frandliest person NA!

Automated Response

in Engineer

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

curious: have you tested that against a necro with a high +condition duration value?

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Automated Response

in Engineer

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

AR could be better described as “No new conditions will be applied to you while you are under 25% health.”

As soon as you go above 25% health you will be affected by conditions again.

It is useful against other players, and certain builds of other professions really hate fighting engineers who use this trait…

Automated Response

in Engineer

ellesee.8297

yes tested with a dhuumfire necro running hemophelia and nightmare runes, which is +40% condi duration and +60% bleed. though as soon as i healed he was able to instantly put more conditions on me. and if i didn’t heal i was sitting in the red zone in health. i still would not get this ability.

#1 Frandliest person NA!

(edited by ellesee.8297)

Automated Response

in Engineer

Markadis.9012

yes tested with a dhuumfire necro running hemophelia and nightmare runes, which is +40% condi duration and +60% bleed. though as soon as i healed he was able to instantly put more conditions on me. and if i didn’t heal i was sitting in the red zone in health. i still would not get this ability.

To summarize what I think you are saying: you are saying is that there is an internal cooldown. After this procs once, there’s some sort of time limit before it can proc again?

Server- Blackgate
Levicus Shield (War)

Automated Response

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

To summarize what I think you are saying: you are saying is that there is an internal cooldown. After this procs once, there’s some sort of time limit before it can proc again?

No. He’s saying if you go above 25% again, the Necro will be able to put conditions on you.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Automated Response

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

AR is best used in a high toughness/vitality build IMO, preferably with some consistent small healing like a bomb healing build. This way you can survive at <25% without needing to heal back up as quickly as possible (thus negating the trait altogether).

It is not as useful as just a quick trait grab to increase defense I don’t think, like Protection Injection and Stabilized Armor.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

Automated Response

in Engineer

Markadis.9012

I’m running Bomb & Nade Kit, with all Dire Set (condi, tough, vit). 30/0/0/30/10

My greatest weakness seems to be condi Necros. I can handle anyone else, but constant fears with heavy conditions put me down quick.

You think running Protection Inj and Elixir C would be a better choice for me? Right now I’m traited for AR and my last utility swaps between RB, and Elixir C.

Server- Blackgate
Levicus Shield (War)

Automated Response

in Engineer

ellesee.8297

projection injection won’t help you with condi necros at all. elixir c will help slightly but even after a condi wipe they can reapply them very quickly. condi necros are just a counter to bomb/grenade engineers like bomb engineers are a counter to s/d thieves. you’re just gonna have to outplay them to win.

#1 Frandliest person NA!

Automated Response

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

I’m running Bomb & Nade Kit, with all Dire Set (condi, tough, vit). 30/0/0/30/10

My greatest weakness seems to be condi Necros. I can handle anyone else, but constant fears with heavy conditions put me down quick.

You think running Protection Inj and Elixir C would be a better choice for me? Right now I’m traited for AR and my last utility swaps between RB, and Elixir C.

Like I said I think this is the type of build that AR works well with, high toughness and vitality. Elixir C is a good combo with AR, so if you’re having trouble against conditions that would help.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

Automated Response

in Engineer

Posted by: Kawloon Fuathach.3807

Kawloon Fuathach.3807

AR is one of those very situational traits, which only really works with builds that utilize a large health pool. It’s great in combination with Elixir X, which increases your health pool by a very large margin, especially when you get Rampage; but on the flip side, while it’s incredibly effective against condition oriented builds, and allow you to get some breathing room while your utilities are on cool down, you’re still left vulnerable to direct damage builds that rely on high burst. In my own experience I’ve found it to be a very high risk, low reward trait, due to the simple fact that there is such a mix of damage types that I’ve still died before I’ve even been able to utilize the effect of the trait itself with 25% of my total health pool. However, when it has worked, it’s been quite clutch in its’ effects, such as preventing a fear that would have normally prevented a stomp, or allowing me to ignore movement impairing effects such as immobilize, which gave me enough time to line-of-sight my enemies and gain breathing room long enough to reset a fight.

On a side note, Cleaning Formula 409 is a nice alternative to it, since it procs with the minor trait, Hidden Flask, as well as Self Regulating Defenses to reliably remove one condition each when they proc.

Wilhelm The Pursuer

(edited by Kawloon Fuathach.3807)

Automated Response

in Engineer

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

The trait is for a condition tanker. And condition tanker means high Vitality. 25% of very high vitality is very effective. If you health is less then 20k, I’d say just don’t bother with this trait.