TheGuy.3568

Yep they gutted it. 90 seconds lol sometimes I just don’t even….sigh

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

Automatic Response 10s -> 90s

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

You know that this is the old cd of AMR before the feature-patch, right?

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

And it still doesnt reset cleaning burst on HT… which makes it even mroe worthless

in Engineer

Posted by: Thundaga.4358

Thundaga.4358

As engis we get rekt again. And the grenadier is still disabled gg.

in Engineer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

I saw that and just scratched my head….10 seconds I thought was fine

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kaizoku.1298

Kaizoku.1298

At least it was a minor trait lol…

in Engineer

Posted by: Tsyras.5274

Tsyras.5274

I love how they veiled it as a bug fix. Seriously, after they disabled Genadier it seems like Engis have gone away, why would you nerf them even more?

in Engineer

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

Well, there goes the use of any heal skill that wasn’t healing turret. #balance

in Engineer

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

It’s not really about that. The nerf I guess is fine but the length is just too much. I get why they would do it but in the current burst meta this really isn’t saving anyone more than once. The other thing is if you have time to do this look at our major bugs and fix them too. It just rubs me the wrong way when nerfs are coming down the pipeline while major bugs aren’t fixed.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Engineer

Posted by: Thundaga.4358

Thundaga.4358

Its just too much. 40-60sec would be appropriate.

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

A single trait shouldn’t be such a hinging factor to your survivability as it was up to today. I probably would’ve liked it if it was adjusted to a 60 second cooldown, but 90 seconds is what most engineers were used to up to this point save the past two weeks.

This is also probably a relatively easy fix to make compared to other bigger problems we have, like bomb radius, which is why it got put in today versus other bugs.

Gotta be more patient about this stuff. There’s a lot to take care of and engineer had a lot of low hanging fruit to grab compared to other classes. It may seem like a nerf right now but I’m sure things will be pretty much balanced out over the next few weeks.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

(edited by Phineas Poe.3018)

in Engineer

Posted by: Dash.8027

Dash.8027

90 seconds.. seriously? 30 seconds would have been OK, as this made AED usable.. 45 seconds would have been a stretch..

90 seconds?! Can I just have my Grenades at least work properly first before you tear out my heart from being so happy to use healing skills that weren’t healing turret?

;_;

[Os] Guild | Engineer | Sauer | :3
| http://www.sheriffsauer.com – “Engineer Hanbook” |

in Engineer

Posted by: keramatzmode.1906

keramatzmode.1906

900 percent cd increase.

what else is new for engineer. Next they gonna add ICD for double Orbital Strike and increase bunker down ICD to 30s while other classes enjoy their one hit burst and load of sustains.

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

while other classes enjoy their one hit burst and load of sustains.

Such as?

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

this trait now is completely useless …and now aed is useless too ….

in Engineer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

Exactly what I am thinking about this.
A.E.D. finally got a good heal skill, especially for pvp and was balanced because there where counterplay by stop attacking the engineer using A.E.D.. That’s just how it was supposed to be. Maybe the trait could be splitted between A.E.D. and other healing skills? It was really fun and I would love to see A.E.D. used in future, but now it is at the same state like before the patch: no one will take it.

in Engineer

PierPiero.9142

AED+AMR was the only thing that let engineer strong in this patch and it was the only “new viable thing” with mortar .40 sec aed + 90 amr means that every 120 seconds you have 4 aed … in my opinion they should lower the aed cd even becouse aed is an high risk high reward skill …. but now elixir H for hgh builds ( 20 sec) or Hturrets are much better .

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

AED+AMR was the only thing that let engineer strong in this patch.

There are plenty of good builds floating around right now that don’t use Inventions at all.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Posted by: Shrubsy.9720

Shrubsy.9720

Such as?

While one hit bursts and loads of sustains is an exaggeration, unless I’m mistaken, just about every other class is going to outperform engi in terms of combined offensive pressure and survivability at least as far as power builds go.

Condi engi will have some favorable match-ups as always, but as a whole, I don’t see any reason to take one on a team given the other options.

Cele engi? Just feels like dead weight at this point.

Not saying it’s unplayable. Just seems like it’s kind of engi’s time to be at the bottom of the barrel for a bit. We had a good run team. Hoping for engi specialization reveal soon!

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

While one hit bursts and loads of sustains is an exaggeration, unless I’m mistaken, just about every other class is going to outperform engi in terms of combined offensive pressure and survivability at least as far as power builds go.

I’m not really sure I agree. We can have access to stealth, water fields, and blocks/invulnerability under the same build while still utilizing the damage output of the Grenade Kit and Rifle.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Posted by: lorddarkflare.9186

lorddarkflare.9186

Well, yeah. 10 seconds was absurd. And the buff was so great that it could only have been unintentional.

It is still a great skill. It gives us a second go at our healing.

With that said, I think 60 would make more sense (same with the old trait as well).

in Engineer

PierPiero.9142

AED+AMR was the only thing that let engineer strong in this patch.

There are plenty of good builds floating around right now that don’t use Inventions at all.

I belive you, but it was at the end a new kind of gameplay with engi . Only that , I belive also that invention is still a good trait line : mecha legs and bunker down are in any case really viable … i prefer it to alchemy .

in Engineer

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Such as?

While one hit bursts and loads of sustains is an exaggeration, unless I’m mistaken,

You are mistaken. It’s ofcourse not literally one hit, but through proccing and no-cast time skill stacking, it all lands virtually at the same time.

And yes, it does burst people down incredibly fast. Entire healthpools vanish in the blink of an eye.

Mesmers and Thieves are notorious for this as they can set up their burst entirely from Stealth, so you don’t even see it comming. Just that you are suddenly downed. And notice how there have been no changes to either of these professions. So they get to roll around instagibbing people a bit longer. But AMR was over the top.

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Exactly what I am thinking about this.
A.E.D. finally got a good heal skill, especially for pvp and was balanced because there where counterplay by stop attacking the engineer using A.E.D.. That’s just how it was supposed to be. Maybe the trait could be splitted between A.E.D. and other healing skills? It was really fun and I would love to see A.E.D. used in future, but now it is at the same state like before the patch: no one will take it.

builds where the best option is to stop attacking them and run away have been nerfed to oblivion over the past 2 years:

• perplexity/confusion
  • turret engis
  • clone death mesmers
  • retaliation

at least we dont need to add aed engis to the list because it only existed for 2 weeks and it wasnt publicized, unlike symbolic avenger and grenadier.

try out aed + amr + gadgeteer + another gadget. when you use it properly it wont feel all that different from just aed + amr but you wont be able to sustain a fight for 5 minutes and you will be vulnerable for a short time after getting off 3 aeds.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Posted by: Shrubsy.9720

Shrubsy.9720

Such as?

While one hit bursts and loads of sustains is an exaggeration, unless I’m mistaken,

You are mistaken. It’s ofcourse not literally one hit, but through proccing and no-cast time skill stacking, it all lands virtually at the same time.

And yes, it does burst people down incredibly fast. Entire healthpools vanish in the blink of an eye.

Mesmers and Thieves are notorious for this as they can set up their burst entirely from Stealth, so you don’t even see it comming. Just that you are suddenly downed. And notice how there have been no changes to either of these professions. So they get to roll around instagibbing people a bit longer. But AMR was over the top.

Was more adding that qualification to the latter part of my statement. I am aware that there are builds that can close to instantly burst certain other builds—static discharge engi being one of those.

(edited by Shrubsy.9720)

in Engineer

Posted by: Esper.3721

Esper.3721

Yeah well, AED + AMR made engi playable (not counting grenade barrage bug) in the face of rediculous burst of other classes. 90s isn’t just a nerf, it’s saying “we don’t want you to even think of using this, just use healing turret like before”.

This patch reminds me why GW1 and GW2 never have been considered esport and never will be. Last week was interesting, but I’m going back to Guns of Icarus…

(edited by Esper.3721)

in Engineer

Posted by: Mork vom Ork.2598

Mork vom Ork.2598

They should at least make the trait only trigger if your heal is actually on cooldown.
If you get hit below 25% with your heal available, the trait goes on 90 s cooldown without doing anything.
This makes using the trait with AED now pretty useless again.

Still loving the smell of Napalm
Bill Kilgore – [BIER] – Seafarer’s Rest random Megaserver

in Engineer

Sins.4782

“Instead of reworking this trait into something always useful, we’ll increase the cooldown by 800%! That’ll show ’em!” ~Devs

in Engineer

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

30sec cd would have been nice and made AED still useful on glass builds. it’s still a useful trait with HT on my cele build, but it always has been.

automated response + self regulating defences is still saving my kitten ohhh yeahhhh

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

(edited by choovanski.5462)

in Engineer

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

…It’s ALWAYS been 90sec since launch.

Cool your jets kiddies.

It was an accident ever being shorter and it is still extremely powerful.

It has also always been bugged to trigger when heal isn’t on cooldown, which is frustrating.

Pity it is bugged with Healing Turret now.

(edited by Brew Pinch.5731)

in Engineer

Sins.4782

It was 90s when it was a minor trait. Basically a bonus you got for going into inventions— and no one back then went into inventions for AMR alone (hardly anyone went into inventions at all actually, with the exception of some bunker/turret builds). Now it’s an major trait that you have to choose over other major traits, and quite frankly a 90s cooldown for a major trait is horrendous.

As you said, it was 90 seconds before and went to 10 seconds with the core specs patch. The tooltip stated 10 seconds as well— so someone on the balance team obviously took the time to look at it and thought changing the cooldown was a good idea, instead of just cut/pasting it from its original location. Yet apparently 10s was so broken that they had to move it all the way back to 90s—but if so, how did this not get caught during testing?

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

as a minor, it was unquestionably engis strongest minor trait. in fact, imo, the only other trait overall that was stronger was grenadier.

its flat out untrue that no one went into inventions for AMR specifically, because i did exactly that every single time i set foot in wvw. power shoes + AMR was an extremely potent 2 trait points, and wvw is a place where you could 1) run stunbreakless and make up for it by being extremely combat mobile so the adept trait wasnt purely wasted or 2) take cloaking device and zerg dive.

literally 0 nonAMR builds (condi, power, or bunker) that i ever tried were as durable as a build with AMR, whether using full assassin/zerk or a knight/zerk mix or rabid/dire perplexity or janky settler or full cele or full soldier.

in fact, i even used to switch to 64400 for mai trin and grawl boss specifically so i had AMR (at the expense of mod ammo), because otherwise survival wasnt assured because im bad at dodging every single attack (which has to happen in a 50) because so much of my focus is upon managing my cds properly that im barely looking at the bosses especially with tons of stupid opaque particle effects flying around (3/4 of which are from me).

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

(edited by insanemaniac.2456)

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

How the hell was 10 seconds fine… are you people serious?

90 seconds is always what it was. It’s exceptionally powerful to have your healing skill automatically renewed, it needs that sort of long cooldown on it.

You can debate over whether that’s too long or what (i.e. maybe 60-75s could still be appropraite), but 10 seconds is extremely low for such an ability. No way it should ever have been that.

in Engineer

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

10 sec was stupid. 90 sec is a bit long. I guess 60sec would be nice

in Engineer

Posted by: Tarkan.5609

Tarkan.5609

60s seems fine yeah but DEVS PLS let it recharge healing turrets overcharge skill as well!

PvP, Teef & Engi

in Engineer

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Looks like this trait got 25/90’d. :p

in Engineer

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Great work ANet! Now we only have one viable heal skill again and its the same (HT) as it always was!! Seriously they should just delete the other heal skills if this is what they consider balance. Oh also, great work ANet on letting Mesmers stay exactly the same with this patch, I guess 100-0 in one CC combo from stealth is balanced but healing too much isnt.

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

Great work ANet! Now we only have one viable heal skill again and its the same (HT) as it always was!! Seriously they should just delete the other heal skills if this is what they consider balance. Oh also, great work ANet on letting Mesmers stay exactly the same with this patch, I guess 100-0 in one CC combo from stealth is balanced but healing too much isnt.

I think Elixir H is great with HGH builds.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians