Awesome duel Engi vs Engi.

in Engineer

Posted by: koroshi.2658

koroshi.2658

Some info: I was only allowed to use elite once in the best of 3 match, I should have used it at the second match. Mistakes were made. Had loads of fun <3

Thanks to teldo for an awesome commentary!

in Engineer

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

So how would you sum up the difference needed for builds in PvP vs WvW? I’ve never done PvP — but I’ve run probably a 1,000 hours in WvW.

In WvW, most of my 1 vs 1, 1 vs 2 encounters last about 30 seconds or less. I’m either soloing or chasing someone who breaks off from the main battle. I find that you have to apply an insane amount of damage and bring down your opponent quickly, or you may draw a crowd of enemies that will out-number you (and you’re already probably in a damaged state).

in Engineer

Posted by: koroshi.2658

koroshi.2658

So how would you sum up the difference needed for builds in PvP vs WvW? I’ve never done PvP — but I’ve run probably a 1,000 hours in WvW.

In WvW, most of my 1 vs 1, 1 vs 2 encounters last about 30 seconds or less. I’m either soloing or chasing someone who breaks off from the main battle. I find that you have to apply an insane amount of damage and bring down your opponent quickly, or you may draw a crowd of enemies that will out-number you (and you’re already probably in a damaged state).

In TPVP I have had to set up my build, more defense and stronger in node fighting. My role right now is Node defender/Far point dueler (So moving towards the enemy closest point and decapping it, while taking care of 1 or 2 enemies)/roamer.

My main objective is backcapping, if they put too much pressure on my team, I help them out where needed. Ussually you will find me going for the far point, to put pressure on the enemy so they have to call more players to their home point = my team gets easier time at other points.