[BUG] Rocket Boots cooldown after water

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Rocket boots cannot be used underwater so I have Slick Shoes equipped in that slot for aquatics. If I activate Slick Shoes underwater, then go on land, Rocket Boots is on the same cooldown as Slick Shoes. The Slick Shoes cooldown is way longer than Rocket Boots cooldown, making me a sad engie.

I realize my bug posts should be put in a different sub-forum, but I wanted to get input from the engineering community.

Edit: The opposite also occurs. Slotting a lower cooldown underwater skill in the same slot as a higher cooldown above-water skill lowers the cooldown on the above-water skill.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

(edited by Chaba.5410)

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

That’s how cooldowns between underwater and land skills work. If you use an underwater skill, the cooldown of that skill will carry over to the land skill in the same slot.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Engineer

Chaba.5410

Terrible design. There is nothing linking the two skills other than the slot they occupy. It’s like the game saying slots have a cooldown, not skills.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

in Engineer

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

It’s not terrible design. It’s to keep people from spamming multiple skills in and out of water. It was like when we could heal above land and then go underwater and use our medkit heal as well (which was fixed)

For example imagine of elementalists could use mist form underwater, then go above land and use mistform again. Why the hell would they allow that…

(edited by VitalSuit.1980)

in Engineer

Posted by: Gerascophobe.8602

Gerascophobe.8602

Terrible design. There is nothing linking the two skills other than the slot they occupy. It’s like the game saying slots have a cooldown, not skills.

Agreed. They could at LEAST make it proportional. If you use a 45 second cd skill and it’s been on cd for 15 seconds (1/3), then you appear on land with a skill that is a 30 second cd, that skill should have 20 more seconds left until it you can next activate it (also 1/3) instead of 30 more seconds. Kit’s need not apply.

Mr. Mastermind; Fort Aspenwood

in Engineer

Chaba.5410

It’s not terrible design. It’s to keep people from spamming multiple skills in and out of water. It was like when we could heal above land and then go underwater and use our medkit heal as well (which was fixed)

For example imagine of elementalists could use mist form underwater, then go above land and use mistform again. Why the hell would they allow that…

Bad analogy. Mist Form is a single skill, not two different skills. The double-heal issue could have been limited to the healing slot. It is a terrible design to link cooldowns by slot. Should I slot something for underwater that has a lower cooldown than Rocket Boots? I just tried that in-game… It works! Yay!

Chaba Tangnu

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Bad analogy. Mist Form is a single skill, not two different skills. The double-heal issue could have been limited to the healing slot. It is a terrible design to link cooldowns by slot. Should I slot something for underwater that has a lower cooldown than Rocket Boots? I just tried that in-game… It works! Yay!

Well, here’s a better example then.

Go underwater as a Necro, use spectral armor, spectral walk and blood is power.

Go above water, switch back to your regular 3 utilities: Spectral Wall, Corrupt Boon, and Epidemic. With protection, swiftness, and might.

And linking the cooldown by slot isn’t that terrible of an idea. You use a 60 second cooldown ability underwater – then walk above water, and it’s the exact same thing as if you still had that 60 second cooldown ability equipped. You can’t switch utilities that are on cooldown in this game. If anything, it’s keeping congruent to the rules already implemented.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in Engineer

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

Well, here’s a better example then.

Go underwater as a Necro, use spectral armor, spectral walk and blood is power.

Go above water, switch back to your regular 3 utilities: Spectral Wall, Corrupt Boon, and Epidemic. With protection, swiftness, and might.

And linking the cooldown by slot isn’t that terrible of an idea. You use a 60 second cooldown ability underwater – then walk above water, and it’s the exact same thing as if you still had that 60 second cooldown ability equipped. You can’t switch utilities that are on cooldown in this game. If anything, it’s keeping congruent to the rules already implemented.

If skills worked consistently above or below water, I would agree with you.

But they don’t, so one set of skills has to suffer. It is very poor design.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in Engineer

Posted by: Riojin.2649

Riojin.2649

The skills arent perfectly linked though. If the event that the skill does not go on cooldown then you are good. I am talking of cours about turrets. I run SD on land (Silly yes I know but I like it ) with H Kit, T Kit, Ram, boots but underwater I run Med kit, Toolkit ram and rifle turet. If you activate a turret underwater then there is no cooldown that is activated unless it is either destroyed or overcharged. Its not much but its interesting to observe.

in Engineer

Posted by: johnsonade.9547

johnsonade.9547

Nah I agree with OP that this would be a bug if the skills are completely different underwater. There’s also a slot position thing where if you have a kit in a certain slot, if that slot is moved under water, then it’ll be changed above water as well. it’s just a little unoptimized, not much of a bug. But if the OP is using two different skills sharing cooldown between them shouldn’t be happening at all.