[BUG] Rocketboots making random turns

in Engineer

Posted by: Kalan.9705

Kalan.9705

Once in a while I get a random angle (e.g. 90 degree) turn or a 180 rubberbanding from rocketboots. Often creating situations that prove fatal in WvW. Is this particularly WvW lag or a general bug for rocketboots?

Been reminded of the occasional lag/freeze when using rocketboots, also another very annoying bug when an ‘escape’ skill makes things worse not better.

(edited by Kalan.9705)

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I seen the same thing. Hasn’t been fatal so far.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in Engineer

Posted by: Legit Prep In.5893

Legit Prep In.5893

happens (i think) because you do that evasion role on the end of jumping…

in Engineer

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

I get this issue only when I use rocketboots and hit a wall or some object that impedes my movement forwards.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dina.4081

Dina.4081

I’ve been getting this issue from time to time everywhere, even on pve maps, which is funny because sometimes it gets me killed from falling or something like that.

in Engineer

Posted by: Xae.7204

Xae.7204

There is also the whole immobilize after rocket boots that pops up from time to time.

in Engineer

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

There is also the whole immobilize after rocket boots that pops up from time to time.

THIS. is the one that is really bothering me.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in Engineer

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

It is not an inmobilize, it’s a problem with the game’s engine and all movement skills. Seems to be very prominent if you have your autorun on. And mind you, it’s been on since release and still not fixed. But, y’know, they priorize game breaking bugs.

in Engineer

Posted by: Xae.7204

Xae.7204

It is not an inmobilize, it’s a problem with the game’s engine and all movement skills. Seems to be very prominent if you have your autorun on. And mind you, it’s been on since release and still not fixed. But, y’know, they priorize game breaking bugs.

I rarely have this happen on my Elementalists Ride the Lightning and NEVER after a Heart Seeker.

in Engineer

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

I definitely get it every once in a while on RTL but I get it constantly on Rocket Boots. The solution i found is to switch to a kit while using rocket boots and then switch to something else just as you land (whether you switch to your weapon set or another kit).

in Engineer

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

This has also happened to me once (I jumped in the middle of enemy zerg… yes, I died). And also sometimes, very rarely, elixir gun #4 (acid bomb) rotates your character 180 degrees before the jump, despite you make sure before you press the skill that you are aimed at right direction.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]