Backpack Skins.

Backpack Skins.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ruzik.1308

Ruzik.1308

Am I the only one who wishes the backpack skins worked on the utility backpacks? kinda lame being stuck with the un-changeable, utility backpack skins.

Backpack Skins.

in Engineer

Posted by: Super Riceman.8702

Super Riceman.8702

yes, there have been many threads lamenting our “hobo-sacks”

There is only one god and its name is nerf. There is only one thing we say to nerf, not today

Backpack Skins.

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

If you were looking for a fashionable profession, you picked the wrong one.

Backpack Skins.

in Engineer

Posted by: Alyssa.7254

Alyssa.7254

Kinda wish they would give us backpack skins based on T3 Cultural Weapons and Legendary Weapons. That way you could have a skin for every race/and or a super awesome legendary.

Backpack Skins.

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

I read on another thread that Colin Johanson had decided to do something about the appearance of the hobosacks – after he equipped a kit with his 8-bit backpack on.

Backpack Skins.

in Engineer

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

I read on another thread that Colin Johanson had decided to do something about the appearance of the hobosacks – after he equipped a kit with his 8-bit backpack on.

Way to be so late on the uptake. Glad he is able to make the SAB backpack worth it, too bad it is too late to farm it for the rest of us. This does point to the status of the Engineer with regard to how often developers play, though.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

Backpack Skins.

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Hobo sacks are the worst. I would suggest they do these things to improve them overall.

1. add a toggle
  2. add better looking skins for reaching level 80 that automatically improve their appearance upon reaching max level
  3. add them to the engineer’s dye screen so that we can change each one of the pieces on them to match the armor we wear (a clickable list on the right of the paperdoll display should do the trick, turn us around and display the backpack
  4. enhance the backpacks they sell in the store or get from holiday events to allow us to see some graphic from those items on the backpacks for engineers (like the evil moon motif, or grinning black flame face on the clothes hanging down over the backpacks)
  5. allow the utility backpack for level 1 creation to be transferable to every character across the same account
  6. add the 15 career types of backpacks found in other games like LOTRO to the ingame currency vendors (karma or laurels) so that we can have mapmaker, gatherer, leatherworker, miner, etc and include one specifically for engineers that has hammers, wrenches, and screwdrivers in pockets and hanging off the leather straps of this new engineer backpack.
Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Backpack Skins.

in Engineer

Posted by: Aleksander.2965

Aleksander.2965

+1 here from me as well.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/Hobo-Sacks-A-Terrible-Fashion-Statement/page/2#post2056346
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Engineer-kits-respect-the-hide-back-option/first#post2056323

Please also add your support to these two threads to show ANet that there are people still wishing for this to be a thing as soon as possible.

Backpack Skins.

in Engineer

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

Is it just me or It seems that Arena net didn’t develop the game, but they only have access to maintain it. This is how I explain the lack of actual change of contents. In stead all they do in tweak a few numbers in a control panel to adjust the speed, damage, radius and… that’s it. Every month we get different numbers so the next month we get other nerfings. It all seems like a useless loop.

Without direct intervention on the game code regarding the animation and skill editing there will be no real improvements.

Backpack Skins.

in Engineer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I always liked our hobo-sacks…until I leveled up and got my 1st backpack skin. At level 20 they’re fun. At level 80 I hate that my snazzy flower gets covered up (well mostly, it clips like crazy) by my grenade sack. My super backpack was glowy and fun and made my tiny asura easy to pick out of a large group…until I swap to a kit. Then it covers it up or clips. grr….

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Backpack Skins.

in Engineer

Posted by: Riojin.2649

Riojin.2649

I kinda like my Sclerite Hobo Sac though..

Attachments: