Backpack regenerator

Backpack regenerator

in Engineer

Posted by: niea.7504

niea.7504

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but the other night, I gave the backpack regenerator trait a try. When I switched to my grenade kit, however, I didn’t notice any regeneration effect being applied to me.

Is there something I’m missing? Does the effect just not have an icon?

Backpack regenerator

in Engineer

Posted by: Redalion.5047

Redalion.5047

The effect is the same as the regen buff but there’s no icon for it. It also stacks with the normal regen buff.

Backpack regenerator

in Engineer

Posted by: niea.7504

niea.7504

The effect is the same as the regen buff but there’s no icon for it. It also stacks with the normal regen buff.

Good to know! Thanks much for the information.

Backpack regenerator

in Engineer

Posted by: Yukishiro.8792

Yukishiro.8792

IIRC it heals for like 1/3 as much as normal regen does, though.

Backpack regenerator

in Engineer

Redalion.5047

For me it ticked for exactly the same amount, although I had 0 +healing on my gear so I have no idea if the scaling is different.

Backpack regenerator

in Engineer

Yukishiro.8792

Hmm, maybe I was thinking of another one of those “on regen” profession traits, then. Most of them heal for less than the normal regen does.

Backpack regenerator

in Engineer

Redalion.5047

Quickly tested and it seems healing power doesn’t affect backpack regenerator at all. It’s 125 hps.

Backpack regenerator

in Engineer

Yukishiro.8792

Yeah, that sounds about right. Several of the other passive regens tick for that amount too. Warrior is the only one I know of that goes higher, and that’s only if you have 2 or 3 adrenaline.

Backpack regenerator

in Engineer

Posted by: Krisstina.7238

Krisstina.7238

Yeah, that sounds about right. Several of the other passive regens tick for that amount too. Warrior is the only one I know of that goes higher, and that’s only if you have 2 or 3 adrenaline.

Backpack regenerator heal same amount as average heal from 3 stacks adrenaline healing.
But worrier’s healing signet was way better than that~

Backpack regenerator

in Engineer

Posted by: Kevin.7204

Kevin.7204

Anybody know if Backpack Regenerator stacks with Rune of the Dolyak too?

Backpack regenerator

in Engineer

Posted by: ReflectedRed.8025

ReflectedRed.8025

It does stack with Rune of the Dolyak.

Server: Aurora Glade
Profession: Engineer
IGN: Lord Fortack

Backpack regenerator

in Engineer

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

It stacks with everything,
it scales with nothing…

That’s about it.
You get 125 per tick, no matter what gear you wear or what other heals you’re getting.

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

Backpack regenerator

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

yeah yet another reason why kits need to scale. Was in full healing gear and tried this 120 hitpoint ticks in a level 80 zone. Not good.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Backpack regenerator

in Engineer

Posted by: amiable.4823

amiable.4823

It’s something like 7k healing per minute, which is passive and stacks with everything. I am a pretty big fan of it, it has saved my bacon lots of times in WvW (I think it functions best in larger sieges where you are taking constant AoE splash damage). In smaller engagements its of more limited use, but I can’t count the times I have escaped or won a 1v1 with 200-300 hit points left. I would have been dead without the regenerator.

Aliquot Love – Engineer
Gable Thorn – Elementalist
Shining in Darkness – Warrior – Mag

Backpack regenerator

in Engineer

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

I love it, but it’s definitely not useful unless you’re pretty tanky. Stacking an extra 125/sec of healing on top of all your other healing sources is great if you’re avoiding/mitigating most incoming damage, but will never save your hide if you’re just chucking grenades or such.