Baseline changes and clarification

in Engineer

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

I posted this in the main thread in the general forums, but it probably got lost in the shuffle. Could someone comment on a few baseline changes that were offered in the first stream for Engis?

Coated Bullets
Patch Release – Not made baseline
Rifled Barrels
Forceful Explosives
Patch Release – Possibly bugged. (Tooltip shows 180, but effects are going to 240)
Fragmented Shot being an “explosion”
Deadly Mixture
Patch Release – Still Testing
Flame-forged Trigger
Patch Release – Still Testing
Always Prepared
Jump Shot is now an “explosion”?
Elixir Gun “Elixirs” (#2, #4, #5) trigger traits?
Patch Release – Some elixir skills now count as elixirs – Healing Mist, Acid Bomb, Super Potion

If I forgot any, feel free to add them. Trying to keep track of all these changes is mind boggling. I don’t envy the dev team’s work on this patch.

Thanks!

EDIT: Added more items

EDIT 2: Added results from 6/22 livestreams. Streamers were quick to note that this is NOT THE FINAL BUILD, so we might see different changes tomorrow.

EDIT 3: Updated with results from mine and other people’s testing after patch release.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

(edited by digitalruse.9085)

in Engineer

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

Wasn’t ‘offered’ but can we add Deadly Mixture to that list?

The flamethrower could really use the boost. E-gun a little less so but would still help.

Also, perhaps a small buff to downed-state? Always Prepared was dropped and Engie has a really bad downstate so perhaps a lesser downed state damage buff could be made baseline without the bandages and oil.

in Engineer

Posted by: RunicAura.9860

RunicAura.9860

I don’t know but am curious about this as well. I did not see any confirmation on it though do remember some of those being talked about. Maybe there will be some confirmation on the status of these items soon

in Engineer

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

After looking at the traits I just realized explosive packed turrets isn’t baseline anymore. It’s a grandmaster minor trait in the explosive line. I guess it was too op to have it always on regardless of build?

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

Armor Mod.
The synergy with omnomberry-ghosts and runes of the defender was awesome for s/d builds.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in Engineer

Posted by: Cold Hearted Person.6154

Cold Hearted Person.6154

No cooldown reduction on pistol skills? i get that we get condi duration bonus but still…
Only rifle gets it aditionaly with speed bonus so its 2 bonuses for rifle but only 1 for pistol.

(edited by Cold Hearted Person.6154)

in Engineer

Posted by: Are.1326

Are.1326

Details on Blowtorchs and Airblasts new Burning applications would be nice.

in Engineer

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Jump Shot was said to be classified as an Explosion.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Engineer

digitalruse.9085

Added elixir question brought up in another thread

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Lyger.5429

Lyger.5429

Would like to know about these as well.

in Engineer

Posted by: lmaogg.7325

lmaogg.7325

only thing im sad is fragmentation shot doesn’t seem to be an explosion. Was looking foward to bleed stacks with the explosion + shrapnel trait

in Engineer

digitalruse.9085

From stream:s today, but they made it clear this is not the final build we get tomorrow:

Acid Bomb and Super Elixir count as ‘Elixirs’ for HGH. Not Elixir F for some reason. =/
Rifle Range 1000
Bombs are 180
Coated bullets were not applied
Elixir Gun range is 900
Some elixir gun skills have shorter cooldowns, some doing (EG#2 is still 8 sec, EG#5 is on 16 second now)

Those were the questions I was able to get answered. We’ll see how things go, but it is disappointing that some of the things they had considered making baseline doesn’t appear to have made the cut.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

Welp, no chance to increase bomb radius beyond 180 basically kills a lot of the builds I had in mind. Meanwhile, grenades actually got better because of the velocity/radius trait.

in Engineer

digitalruse.9085

Indeed. I think the bomb one is the one that hurts me the most.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

in Engineer

digitalruse.9085

Updated first post with all info I’ve been able to get today.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Coated bullets were not applied

Must… control… anger…

Rage… welling up… inside…

in Engineer

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

well that is disappointing.

also, “not final build”.
uh.. so is any of this actually being playtested before going live?

in Engineer

digitalruse.9085

also, “not final build”.

Some streamers were getting new build notifications as they were playing on the dev server, so lots of changes still going on. I’m holding on to hope that forceful explosions baseline will make it in.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

in Engineer

Yamsandjams.3267

also, “not final build”.

Some streamers were getting new build notifications as they were playing on the dev server, so lots of changes still going on. I’m holding on to hope that forceful explosions baseline will make it in.

Yep, technically nothing is actually finalized until tomorrow. The best we can do is pre-complain about things, we can’t make actual complaints until tomorrow.

For all we know those things will be there, as I’m not aware of anyone stating that they are simply not there.

in Engineer

Posted by: Sold Out.7625

Sold Out.7625

Just gonna bump this to the top because importance. The 240 range bombs really would be heavily needed to make the entire kit more… usable.

Leader of the Free Winds – RP, community, and all kinds of fun.
Jara Ariasdottir (Soon all classes proper!)

in Engineer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

I really hope forceful explosions is getting baseline, they said it in their stream, this things are BOMBS, they shouldn’t have such a tiny radius.

But I’m really worried about coated bullets, this trait would make pistoles finally be a good condition weapon for pve especially if the AA is becoming an explosion for shrapnel. The bleed stacks on the AA are singletarget without the trait and very few of them, without this trait pistole is worthless.

And another thing: hope devs are noticing that ELIXIR F isn’t actually an elixir in the tool tip. It is even called ELIXIR F, come on guys. ^^

in Engineer

Yamsandjams.3267

And another thing: hope devs are noticing that ELIXIR F isn’t actually an elixir in the tool tip. It is even called ELIXIR F, come on guys. ^^

I don’t think they’ll make that an “elixir” because it just has too short a cooldown. That could be used to stack insane amounts of might and eat away condis, even just firing it out into the open at nothing (which you might as well do since it can hit worth a kitten ).

What I don’t understand is why they are going ahead with making things like acid bomb and super elixir count as “elixirs” while also not doing things like having no baseline bomb radius or coated bullets. Do they just want elixir builds to start running more kits now? Doesn’t that defeat the entire point of being an “elixir” build.

My brain is having issues in sense comprehension.

in Engineer

Posted by: Susulemon.3204

Susulemon.3204

180 bomb is a joke

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Oh, come on, give us the FT buffs as baseline already. Even when traited its not competitive right now!

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

in Engineer

digitalruse.9085

Yeah. It’s a little frustrating with the generally positive nature of the patch. I tried to ping Jon Peters and Karl Mclain in Twitch chat about some of this yesterday, but couldn’t raise them. I also missed the few times Grouch was on (since he seems to be the one fielding Engi inquiries) to try and ask him.

Now it’s waiting game to see what they changed in the 11th hour. Based on the feedback in and out of game, Forceful explosives is what has the most hurt when it comes to loss. I’ll start a new thread after the patch when everything is confirmed and we can hopefully discuss it more there.

The devs likely have their hands full today and will for the next couple of weeks as they add spit and polish to this.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Mork vom Ork.2598

Mork vom Ork.2598

Looks like the bomb radius is just a tooltip problem, the fire field is the same size as Super Elixir (240).
Need to find a way to test pistol / rifle range now…

Still loving the smell of Napalm
Bill Kilgore – [BIER] – Seafarer’s Rest random Megaserver

in Engineer

digitalruse.9085

Excellent news! I am hoping to test some more when I get home as well.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Mork vom Ork.2598

Mork vom Ork.2598

Pistol / rifle / harpoon gun / elixir gun all have their “old” untraited range.

Under water we’re now officially outranged by all other classes.

Still loving the smell of Napalm
Bill Kilgore – [BIER] – Seafarer’s Rest random Megaserver

in Engineer

digitalruse.9085

Updated with testing results post patch. Now… some comments for the devs to consider:

Coated Bullets – Many of us were excited when this was considered in the first stream as it was a fun trait that made pistol actually effective. If this is not going to be made baseline, can you consider adding it to Chemical Rounds in some fashion?

Rifled Barrels – This one was also mentioned in the first stream for consideration. If you guys are trying to keep Engis contained to 1000 range (and force us to play closer) then would you mind confirming that and explaining the design decision more? If not, would you please consider making it baseline? We are now out ranged by every class in underwater environments.

Fragmented Shot & Jump Shot being “explosions” – Again, Pistol is not a strong weapon to choose so many of us were interested in this change combined with Coated Bullets in the first stream to make it a stronger weapon. There was a lot of effort with other Professions to try and synergize their skills with traits by categorizing them. Engineer feels a little slapdash in that respect.

Forceful Explosions – At first blush it looks like you dropped this, which is really quite sad as Forceful Explosions was basically mandatory if you took bombs. The tooltip shows a range of 180, but all the bomb effects behave in a way to suggest that they are 240. I hope it was just a simple error and this is a bug and it was made baseline as talked about in the streams.

Deadly Mixture & Flame Forged Trigger – People are still testing this to confirm strength and cast times, but this is a bit of a gut check for Flamethrower/Elixir Gun centric builds, but especially Flamethrower that really struggled to put out damage. I’m not saying we make it baseline, per se, but a wink and a nod of 10% might be a good place to start. Then keep an eye on it to see what happens and if it needs that last push.

Always Prepared – This trait made our down state less frustrating, but without it our downstate is basically a guaranteed kill. Please, please, please take a look at our down state.

Skills being made “elixirs” – Thank you so much for finally bringing this to Elixir Gun and Mortar kit. It was always weird to me that these things did not count. I’m curious why Elixir F didn’t make the cut though.

That’s what I have for now. I’ll keep updating the original post as I or others get more info.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

(edited by digitalruse.9085)

in Engineer

Posted by: Petit Citron.2960

Petit Citron.2960

They announced everything to be baseline in the first stream, and nothing…
I’m MAD !

in Engineer

Posted by: Gorzon.7298

Gorzon.7298

Some of the changes seem very arbitrary. I’m mostly disappointed in the weapon range nerfs.

engineer pistol range 900
engineer rifle range 1000
warrior rifle range 1200

Why is has the warrior a greater range on rifle than the engineer?

in Engineer

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

Figured I’d go ahead and post this here. While the visuals on bomb 2-5 do show the old 240 radius traited animation, the effect still seems to be limited to 180 radius. You can test this pretty easily in HotM. So yeah, bombs are kittened.

in Engineer

digitalruse.9085

Great. Will adjust post and add to bug thread.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Firseal.4716

Firseal.4716

Deployable Turrets, Autotool Installation, Rifled Turret Barrels?

My main engineer is a turret user, and the only two turret traits I can find are pretty bloody useless.

in Engineer

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

while Im very happy with most changes (yay no more hobosacks!), the pistol 1 is back to its bad mode now with no way to make it pierce (which was said to become baseline). Also its still not an explosion…

Were these ideas scrapped (and if so, then why exactly), or were they just forgotten?

in Engineer

Posted by: velhavn.7694

velhavn.7694

too much lies……. baseline this, baseline that. all lies.

in Engineer

Posted by: Inexor.7804

Inexor.7804

too much lies……. baseline this, baseline that. all lies.

Exactly my thoughts.. I had all those false statements/lies in mind and while playing: Rifle range 1000? Wasn’t it supposed to be 1200? Explofinisher for Jumpshot? Nope. Coated Bullets? Nope.
Gadgeteer and Kinetic Charge got ninja nerfed between the streams and the final patch.. and Mortar got nerfed without anyone complaining about.

Now I’m pretty much disappointed.

in Engineer

digitalruse.9085

FWIW, I have added these as bugs to the Engi bug mega thread:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Engineer-Bugs-Updated-Consolidated/

We’ll see how they are treated.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer