Being to mobile is dangrous!

in Engineer

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Hi guys my name is Shikamaru X other night I was roaming on my new engi build(extreme) mobility and got accused of wrong doing lucky for me I was recording it. It seem people don’t realize engi can be extremely mobile or if you play something other than a meta build players seem to get ticked off. Anyway here is the footage enjoy and let me know what ya think

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in Engineer

Posted by: Lert.6287

Lert.6287

Good that you’re having fun.
The thing with engineer mobility is going for it as goal is kind of waste, cause something other would offer much much more. Eg. thief or warrior are mobile by itself (it’s enough they have one special weapon for that or utility) while engineer has to spec for it.

Engineer / Piken Square
Former Team Psy [Psy] member/ [BNF] guest
YT Channel

in Engineer

Posted by: Mister Fluffkin.7358

Mister Fluffkin.7358

I dont get the idea of your spec either. You just slot in every escapetool engi offers to run circles for 20 minutes, lacking any type of punch to kill. In germany we call it “rumpimmeln”.
At least slot in grenades so you can throw them back at your foes while running away.

in Engineer

vincecontix.1264

I dont get the idea of your spec either. You just slot in every escapetool engi offers to run circles for 20 minutes, lacking any type of punch to kill. In germany we call it "rumpimmeln".
At least slot in grenades so you can throw them back at your foes while running away.

Yea first time roaming with it so testing how much mobility and damage I can have at the same time. Though other players have accused me of exploiting over the footage you just saw and then during my 2nd time roaming with it I get accused again, video is really up to clarify any misunderstanding.

Isle of Janthir

(edited by vincecontix.1264)

in Engineer

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

i run this with full dire 0/30/0/30/10 scavenger runes with leeching/geomancy sigils, ou can quickly stack over 2-3k damage a second in conditions and then get back to kiting as you do

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in Engineer

vincecontix.1264

i run this with full dire 0/30/0/30/10 scavenger runes with leeching/geomancy sigils, ou can quickly stack over 2-3k damage a second in conditions and then get back to kiting as you do

Yup def agree with scavenger runes being a good choice got several set of them to test out on another build.

Isle of Janthir

in Engineer

ukuni.8745

Yup def agree with scavenger runes being a good choice got several set of them to test out on another build.

yea the scavenger with leeching is a deadly combo i dont think many people have taken notice of at worst its 4 leech buffs every 20 seconds which is like 3500 damage and heal which in a full dire build adds alot to your sustained dps, add in redic high base condition damage (2k easy) you can put out heaps of pressure have a huge tank and great mobility my only issue is the lack of aoe but you can atleast pick your fights with that much mobility

Check me out on YouTube

in Engineer

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

yea the scavenger with leeching is a deadly combo i dont think many people have taken notice of at worst its 4 leech buffs every 20 seconds which is like 3500 damage and heal which in a full dire build adds alot to your sustained dps, add in redic high base condition damage (2k easy) you can put out heaps of pressure have a huge tank and great mobility my only issue is the lack of aoe but you can atleast pick your fights with that much mobility

What would your build look like using this combo? I’m interested in trying a new build for pvp.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

I think it was the cloaking device that was throwing people off and made them think it was hax since that trait is rarely used now. Anyways good show lol

in Engineer

ukuni.8745

What would your build look like using this combo? I’m interested in trying a new build for pvp.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdEQFAUlUUpvrtbxkLseNSdBNqoA6AkgDI6EekhA-TFSEwAKUCC5BAIf/hU6AAY+7oyPcq/04CAQKAImGB-w

that is what im currently using for it i did a video on this build but using p/p which was probably better on the damage output here is the link for it to

Check me out on YouTube

in Engineer

Posted by: Elmori.7369

Elmori.7369

Love the way cloaking device got those guys guessing the last third of the video. Must be frustrating seeing you getting away with trolling their supply.

Tried a power/cc build once, but with flamethrower for the knockback and trait sitting duck. You can really (con)troll with engy cc :P

SFR Engineer Bozwai