Berserker or Rampager for grenade damage?

in Engineer

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

I’m currently using a Rampager build with Grenade Kit, combining straight-up damage and conditions and benefiting from Precision twofold, from the critical hit damage and the condition application on critical hits. I’m currently using a 30/10/0/0/30 setup.

I have to wonder, though, if a Berserker build relying solely on direct damage would be superior. I’m not exactly sure where to find all the figures for doing that math.

My desire overall is to just obliterate anything in a group at range. Lobbing grenades into zergs on WvW, predominately.

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Engineer

Posted by: waka.9826

waka.9826

might stacking + rampager works really well.

in Engineer

Posted by: MarkillerX.3796

MarkillerX.3796

I’m currently using a Rampager build with Grenade Kit, combining straight-up damage and conditions and benefiting from Precision twofold, from the critical hit damage and the condition application on critical hits. I’m currently using a 30/10/0/0/30 setup.

I have to wonder, though, if a Berserker build relying solely on direct damage would be superior. I’m not exactly sure where to find all the figures for doing that math.

My desire overall is to just obliterate anything in a group at range. Lobbing grenades into zergs on WvW, predominately.

I only run PvE though
But I use Berserkers, and was wondering the same thing. I use 30 or 25 firearms, though, instead of might stacking.
Why the 30 in Toolkits?

in Engineer

Posted by: Shoyoko.7309

Shoyoko.7309

If you putting 30 in toolkit traits, definitely berserkers

No two engineers are the same.
Passionate engineer; self-proclaimed kitmaster. <3

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

for defending/attacking keeps Rampager all the way traited properly you can stack 25 vuln and about 20 bleeds the icing on the cake is Rare Veggie Pizza wich gives conditions 40% duration making your bleeds have 20s duration.

in Engineer

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

I only run PvE though
But I use Berserkers, and was wondering the same thing. I use 30 or 25 firearms, though, instead of might stacking.
Why the 30 in Toolkits?

For a variety of very bad reasons.

One, I love the name of the line. I had Inventions boosted up for the same reason, for a time, and hope to do that again once turrets get reworked. XD

Second, I wanted the Toolbelt cooldown reduction, particularly for Elixir R, which I-… Never really use.

On the slightly-more-reasonable side, I like a lot of the traits in there (Kit Refinement is an obvious one, Speedy Kits is nice to have, Power Wrench is really handy, and I sometimes switch in Static Discharge for all-out demolition). On top of that, the critical damage is very potent.

I’d probably get better results out of Firearms or Alchemy. XD

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Engineer

Posted by: Destroyer.1306

Destroyer.1306

I recently respecced to 30/15/0/0/25. 15 in Firearms gives 10% more crits on <50% enemies and 25 in Toolkits gives 10% damage while at full endurance. It’s also easier to keep full endurance when your Belt skills recharge endurance 10% and your Belt skills are on quicker cooldowns. And of course 25 Tools means +25% crit damage. Now if only Scope worked…

Of course, the tradeoff is fewer Precision and Cond Damage raw stats from the Firearms tree.

Stinky Garbage, Engineer. Meatbag, Guardian. Dum Dums, Elementalist.

(edited by Destroyer.1306)

in Engineer

Posted by: bromi.7809

bromi.7809

Let’s not sway away from topic.
I’m too very interested in finding out some proof of better damage output (yeah, a spherical horse in a vacuum) from these components:
[zerk] | [rampager] gear
+
[might +60] | [ruby orbs] upgrades
+
[battle sigil] | [flame blast]
+
[30 alchemy] | [30 toolkits] (suggest we have 30 for gren/bombs in power always).

I’ve tried very different combinations and can’t say any are most shiny.